Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Tama has probably the most chance to leave Wano with the SHP if something like this is set to happen. Unless she wants to continue her training to become a future Kunoichi.

Yamato only interacted with Luffy and Franky fro a brief moment. War is picking up the pace. No one would care about building relationships right now.

The war is behind the corner.

Tama has probably the most chance to leave Wano with the SHP if something like this is set to happen. Unless she wants to continue her training to become a future Kunoichi.

Yamato only interacted with Luffy and Franky fro a brief moment. War is picking up the pace. No one would care about building relationships right now.

The war is behind the corner.
You are right: The war is behind the corner and because of this it looks to me like a big 'no' in regards of Tama.
Yes, she will help in this war for Wano by turning a lot of smile-users to the alliance but after Wano there are more wars coming against (maybe BM), BB and/or the WG. We are in the endgame of One Piece and there is no possible solution for Tama to become strong enough (without another timeskip) . While she could 'use' hundreds of fighters in Wano she would have to take at least some of the smile users with her on the Sunny just to be not defenseless when they enter a new island. In fact Oda could put strong animals on every island they are entering till the end of the series but it would be a bad plot device.

As of now this could be Tama's role after the war:
Wano will have to be built up again when this war is over and Tama could tame Beast Pirates to repair Wano. Like you said afterwards she will start training to become a future Kunoichi.

You are right: The war is behind the corner and because of this it looks to me like a big 'no' in regards of Tama.
Yes, she will help in this war for Wano by turning a lot of smile-users to the alliance but after Wano there are more wars coming against (maybe BM), BB and/or the WG. We are in the endgame of One Piece and there is no possible solution for Tama to become strong enough (without another timeskip) . While she could 'use' hundreds of fighters in Wano she would have to take at least some of the smile users with her on the Sunny just to be not defenseless when they enter a new island. In fact Oda could put strong animals on every island they are entering till the end of the series but it would be a bad plot device.

As of now this could be Tama's role after the war:
Wano will have to be built up again when this war is over and Tama could tame Beast Pirates to repair Wano. Like you said afterwards she will start training to become a future Kunoichi.
I don’t know how putting strong animals on each island is a plot device when he pretty much does that anyway. Tama wouldn’t need to bring any gifters... just find a group of animals to protect her on each island

regarding the end game being around corner, that could just be a unlucky timing for Tamas part, Oda probably didnt think it would take eight years to reach wano after kinemon was introduced, but plot lines and arcs kept coming in between until they finally arrived in wano, and given that he had all strawhats planned since the start that shouldnt deter Tama from joining even though she would get least adventures of all the strawhats.

and yeah like Kuruka pointed out, almost every arc got their token animals that are with or against Luffy already, Nola, Yokozuna, Surume, Ucy etc so maybe Tamas spirit has been with them since the start lol

Speed herself looks different compared to most smiles, while most of them looks lika abominations, I feel like Speed was created to be in Tamas arsenal, but I wouldnt want for her to bring her pets on the ship, im hoping she can summon them, ninja style, another feature of her DF ability, could fit if her DF is the tsuku tsuku no mi (29 29), and it could explain how she brought Komachiyo and Hihimaru to onigashima if they're not on the ship, could also mean that Hihimaru would get summoned back to wano after those 3 min he had to hold of Ulti and Page One.

You’re just the gift that keeps on giving aren’t you? Lol
That gift would be One Piece or in this case, Yamato =). Readers are allowed to agree or disagree about Yamato being a Straw Hat nakama because nothing is guaranteed at this point but it is hard to deny currently that there is a lot of momentum behind Yamato and an immense level of potential.

But what I have discussed so far in previous posts is just the tip of the iceberg. Plenty more interpretations could be filtered through.

Are you ready to get sweaty with some sexy theorising as we dive deeper into the potential of Yamato? Good. Because here we go…

If the techniques of the Kozuki crafting/stonemasonry are recorded within Oden's journal, it becomes necessary to establish a role for a Stonemason/Crafter within the One Piece world. But when you really think about the journey the Straw Hat Pirates have been on (since Alabasta), a role for a Stonemason may have already been established.

What exactly does Robin believe her role to be? Way back during the Skypiea Arc, Robin mentions “I too have to guide the Poneglyph documents that I’ve read so far to the end of the Grand Line…to Laugh Tale.” In addition to performing that role, Robin is now also deciphering the Road Poneglyphs to lead the way to Laugh Tale.

But there is potentially something else of note that Robin mentions during the Skypiea Arc – “I’m sure that by connecting them and reading them they’ll become a document that fills in the “blank history” for the first time. Connecting them will complete a text, the real Poneglyph, which doesn’t yet exist. I’m certain that the Pirate King, Gol D. Roger, has delivered this document to its destination.“:

Notice a few compelling phrases that arouses intrigue? “First time”, “complete a text”, “REAL Poneglyph”, “doesn’t yet exist”. Curious statement, isn’t it?

For those that believe Robin is the Straw Hat version of Oden are only half right per se. Sure, Robin can decipher the Poneglyph text but there is a key skill that Oden possessed which Robin currently does not…and that would be the ability to record the ancient language on the Poneglyph stone. Robin does not possess those abilities and as far as the story goes, that skill potentially died with Oden. Unless of course, Oden managed to record the Kozuki stonemasonry techniques within his journal which Yamato now possesses (and has for the past twenty years). Oden's journal is the only place I can see any knowledge Oden wished to pass on to his son and future Samurai to be recorded. Nothing else has been highlighted at this point and Oden was never shown directly teaching anyone either his Oden Nitoryu Style or the Kozuki stonemasonry techniques. Oden had always expected to pass on such knowledge to his children.

In all likelihood, Oden used his journal to record those "important things" so that a record was left for Momonosuke/Hiyori and Wano Kuni after he was gone. Oden understood the importance of opening up Wano Kuni's borders which is why he tasked his retainers with such a responsibility as his final wish. Likewise, Oden understood the value of keeping the Kozuki culture alive. This is why I believe, when Oden became aware that he may not survive the battle against Kaido, he used his journal to record the teachings of both the Oden Nitoryu and Kozuki stonemasonry techniques (and any other information he wanted to pass on). If Yamato did end up learning stonemasonry, her role could be intimately tied to that of Robin's.

Back to the statement regarding the text of the Poneglyph. It seems heavily directed toward a complete text of the Poneglyph being created for the FIRST time once all the information has been collected by Robin. But considering there is no one on the crew able to record such information on a certain indestructible stone, doesn’t that open a potential window for a certain someone who may have learned such skills from a certain journal that had contained “very important things”? Could Yamato be the person able to record the information Robin has accumulated over her journey onto a Poneglyph that “doesn’t yet exist”? As Robin had stated in the past, the “REAL Poneglyph”. Something to ponder on.

But didn’t the Roger Pirates already learn the entire truth of the world such as the secrets of the void century, what the people of the D are, what the ancient weapons are, and Wano’s role in history? Yes, they did. So why is it necessary for Robin to collect that information again herself and for a record to be left, you ask? Well my friends, this is where Robin fans liberated by patience all around the world can take a deep breathe and let out a cry of profound ecstasy that shakes the mortal realm and echoes through the heavens. Robin may not be able to record the ancient language on a Poneglyph but what she can do is something ONLY she can do. That being, to understand the MEANING behind the words the ancient civilisation had left for the world. The Roger Pirates may have collected the relevant Poneglyph information/documents and learned the entire truth of the world, but did they truly understand what it meant?

Rayleigh cautions Robin about rushing to the end and advises her to take her time in her journey. One step at a time. Knowledge itself was meaningless without the ability to act on it. Rayleigh believed Robin’s journey with the Straw Hat Pirates could lead her, someone who studied alongside Clover and the Ohara scholars, to an answer that was different than the one the Roger Pirates arrived at. Through the conversation Rayleigh had with Robin, it certainly does appear the Rogers Pirates hadn’t fully grasped the will of the Ancient Civilisation. They had acquired the knowledge but not the meaning behind it and/or the means to act on what knowledge they had understood (ancient weapons).

This is where Robin sets herself apart from ANY other character in One Piece. She is unique. She is the key to One Piece. She is integral in understanding the will of the Ancient Civilisation. She is without exaggeration, the most IMPORTANT character in the One Piece story. The Last Scholar of Ohara. The Hope of Truth. The Liberator of Deceit. The Agent of Change. The Light of Revolution.

And for Robin to perform her role, I believe she requires someone with the ability to record her interpretation of the knowledge she acquired on a Poneglyph stone that will become the REAL Poneglyph. A complete text that does not yet exist. Such a record will be the force needed to cast the Tenryuubito and the World Government from their undeserved place as leaders and abusers of the World. With the inclusion of Momonosuke as a competing force against Im, a new world order will be created under the Wano Kuni faction that nations will begin to ally with against the World Government. Wano Dragon VS Celestial Dragon.

In addition to reviving the Oden Nitoryu Style which Yamato will expose to the world as she travels with the Straw Hat Pirates, she will also revive the Kozuki clan's stonemasonry teachings. After Yamato journeys with the Straw Hat Pirates to the end of the Grand Line, she will return back home to Wano Kuni and pass on that knowledge to Momonosuke and Hiyori (once the Oden Nitoryu Style and Kozuki Stonemasonry techniques are mastered during Yamato's journey).

Now, lets go even further beyond.
Queue Goku SSJ3 transformation

Remember those moments where Luffy fantasized about [Bronze] Statues? Well, if you don’t here are some reminders:

Chapter 302:

Chapter 303:

Chapter 323:

Chapter 325:

Chapter 704:

Considering how iconic statues have become in One Piece. Wouldn’t it be cool if Luffy was finally able to sate such a wish of attaining a statue of his own? Nami won't be spending any money on acquiring one but if a stonemason were to join, that dream of getting a statue may manifest into reality. *Yamato crafts a statue of Ace on the Thousand Sunny. Luffy wakes up every morning crying at such a sight. Jinbe sighs every morning at having to console Luffy.

Moving on, how about potential interactions and relations between crew members? Outside a few members that need a few assumptions to be made, a lot of the Straw Hat Pirate members would relatively easily gel with Yamato. Not much panel time would be needed to spend on fleshing out the relationship building.
  • Yamato has met Ace in the past and cherishes such an encounter. Yamato forming a close bond with Luffy seems inevitable. Yamato can share stories of her time with Ace which Luffy WILL love. By extension, a bond between Yamato and Sabo will also exist;
  • Yamato’s mission of mastering the Oden Nitoryu Style will see Yamato consult with Zoro, the future greatest swordsman in the world. Through such a relationship where a shared interest exist, a bond between the two will arise. Zoro would also not be against a female learning to master the sword (flashes back to Kuina), especially one as capable as Yamato;
  • As for Nami, she’d love the information contained in Oden’s journal, especially if it detailed treasures existing on Islands (Islands not Laugh Tale). I can also see Oden’s journal being the foundation for the plot for a future One Piece movie where the crew journey to an Island mentioned in the journal containing a treasure;
  • Yamato’s passion and romance for adventure will spontaneously allow for her to get close to Usopp and Chopper (and Luffy). In addition, if Yamato really is a stonemason, Usopp, Chopper and Luffy would totally love having works of stone created i.e. statues. And with Yamato being able to transform into a potential monstrous form, I'm sure Chopper will find a kindred spirit in Yamato;
  • From Sanji’s perspective: Yamato is a female. Side-boob. Sanji suffers 999,999 critical damage;
  • Yamato being a stonemason will naturally allow her to form a close bond with Robin and allow for Robin to be featured more;
  • Yamato has already met Franky whom has become interested in her. The enthusiasm Yamato has in Franky’s unique state will inevitable get her to form a close bond with him. While Yamato’s reaction to meeting General Franky may not have been complete excitement as is generally for male characters, she was still left in wonderment over his form and expressed her fascination at having never met anyone like him before in her life (someone whose met the strange and sad Beast Pirate SMILE users). Yamato establishes that female characters in One Piece can appreciate the spectacle that is General Franky;
  • Brook. I don’t think there is anyone that wouldn’t be curious about a Perverted Gentleman Skeleton with an afro that has captured the world with his Soul King persona. Plus if Yamato did join, Brook will have another member in the crew with which he does not have to look down on due to his height (Jinbe and Yamato would be taller);
  • Yamato joining could also help add relevance to Jinbe presence’s in the crew. Yamato has been “imprisoned” for twenty years and there is no way that such a reality and past would not create emotional and mental scars within her. Jinbe has experience with being among former prisoners (Tiger, Koala and other Sun Pirates) so if Oda wanted it explored, he could have Jinbe help Yamato with any trauma and mental anguish she may have – she will need help and Jinbe has helped Luffy through his mental trauma in the past. Robin after having met Koala (and being enslaved herself) may also have some insight in Yamato’s situation and be able to assist.
Yeah, the potential for Yamato's character and what role she could play is immense.

Last edited:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
That gift would be One Piece or in this case, Yamato =). Readers are allowed to agree or disagree about Yamato being a Straw Hat nakama because nothing is guaranteed at this point but it is hard to deny currently that there is a lot of momentum behind Yamato and an immense level of potential.

But what I have discussed so far in previous posts is just the tip of the iceberg. Plenty more interpretations could be filtered through.

Are you ready to get sweaty with some sexy theorising as we dive deeper into the potential of Yamato? Good. Because here we go…

If the techniques of the Kozuki crafting/stonemasonry are recorded within Oden's journal, it becomes necessary to establish a role for a Stonemason/Crafter within the One Piece world. But when you really think about the journey the Straw Hat Pirates have been on (since Alabasta), a role for a Stonemason may have already been established.

What exactly does Robin believe her role to be? Way back during the Skypiea Arc, Robin mentions “I too have to guide the Poneglyph documents that I’ve read so far to the end of the Grand Line…to Laugh Tale.” In addition to performing that role, Robin is now also deciphering the Road Poneglyphs to lead the way to Laugh Tale.

But there is potentially something else of note that Robin mentions during the Skypiea Arc – “I’m sure that by connecting them and reading them they’ll become a document that fills in the “blank history” for the first time. Connecting them will complete a text, the real Poneglyph, which doesn’t yet exist. I’m certain that the Pirate King, Gol D. Roger, has delivered this document to its destination.“:

Notice a few compelling phrases that arouses intrigue? “First time”, “complete a text”, “REAL Poneglyph”, “doesn’t yet exist”. Curious statement, isn’t it?

For those that believe Robin is the Straw Hat version of Oden are only half right per se. Sure, Robin can decipher the Poneglyph text but there is a key skill that Oden possessed which Robin currently does not…and that would be the ability to record the ancient language on the Poneglyph stone. Robin does not possess those abilities and as far as the story goes, that skill potentially died with Oden. Unless of course, Oden managed to record the Kozuki stonemasonry techniques within his journal which Yamato now possesses (and has for the past twenty years). Oden's journal is the only place I can see any knowledge Oden wished to pass on to his son and future Samurai to be recorded. Nothing else has been highlighted at this point and Oden was never shown directly teaching anyone either his Oden Nitoryu Style or the Kozuki stonemasonry techniques. Oden had always expected to pass on such knowledge to his children.

In all likelihood, Oden used his journal to record those "important things" so that a record was left for Momonosuke/Hiyori and Wano Kuni after he was gone. Oden understood the importance of opening up Wano Kuni's borders which is why he tasked his retainers with such a responsibility as his final wish. Likewise, Oden understood the value of keeping the Kozuki culture alive. This is why I believe, when Oden became aware that he may not survive the battle against Kaido, he used his journal to record the teachings of both the Oden Nitoryu and Kozuki stonemasonry techniques (and any other information he wanted to pass on). If Yamato did end up learning stonemasonry, her role could be intimately tied to that of Robin's.

Back to the statement regarding the text of the Poneglyph. It seems heavily directed toward a complete text of the Poneglyph being created for the FIRST time once all the information has been collected by Robin. But considering there is no one on the crew able to record such information on a certain indestructible stone, doesn’t that open a potential window for a certain someone who may have learned such skills from a certain journal that had contained “very important things”? Could Yamato be the person able to record the information Robin has accumulated over her journey onto a Poneglyph that “doesn’t yet exist”? As Robin had stated in the past, the “REAL Poneglyph”. Something to ponder on.

But didn’t the Roger Pirates already learn the entire truth of the world such as the secrets of the void century, what the people of the D are, what the ancient weapons are, and Wano’s role in history? Yes, they did. So why is it necessary for Robin to collect that information again herself and for a record to be left, you ask? Well my friends, this is where Robin fans liberated by patience all around the world can take a deep breathe and let out a cry of profound ecstasy that shakes the mortal realm and echoes through the heavens. Robin may not be able to record the ancient language on a Poneglyph but what she can do is something ONLY she can do. That being, to understand the MEANING behind the words the ancient civilisation had left for the world. The Roger Pirates may have collected the relevant Poneglyph information/documents and learned the entire truth of the world, but did they truly understand what it meant?

Rayleigh cautions Robin about rushing to the end and advises her to take her time in her journey. One step at a time. Knowledge itself was meaningless without the ability to act on it. Rayleigh believed Robin’s journey with the Straw Hat Pirates could lead her, someone who studied alongside Clover and the Ohara scholars, to an answer that was different than the one the Roger Pirates arrived at. Through the conversation Rayleigh had with Robin, it certainly does appear the Rogers Pirates hadn’t fully grasped the will of the Ancient Civilisation. They had acquired the knowledge but not the meaning behind it and/or the means to act on what knowledge they had understood (ancient weapons).

This is where Robin sets herself apart from ANY other character in One Piece. She is unique. She is the key to One Piece. She is integral in understanding the will of the Ancient Civilisation. She is without exaggeration, the most IMPORTANT character in the One Piece story. The Last Scholar of Ohara. The Hope of Truth. The Liberator of Deceit. The Agent of Change. The Light of Revolution.

And for Robin to perform her role, I believe she requires someone with the ability to record her interpretation of the knowledge she acquired on a Poneglyph stone that will become the REAL Poneglyph. A complete text that does not yet exist. Such a record will be the force needed to cast the Tenryuubito and the World Government from their undeserved place as leaders and abusers of the World. With the inclusion of Momonosuke as a competing force against Im, a new world order will be created under the Wano Kuni faction that nations will begin to ally with against the World Government. Wano Dragon VS Celestial Dragon.

In addition to reviving the Oden Nitoryu Style which Yamato will expose to the world as she travels with the Straw Hat Pirates, she will also revive the Kozuki clan's stonemasonry teachings. After Yamato journeys with the Straw Hat Pirates to the end of the Grand Line, she will return back home to Wano Kuni and pass on that knowledge to Momonosuke and Hiyori (once the Oden Nitoryu Style and Kozuki Stonemasonry techniques are mastered during Yamato's journey).

Now, lets go even further beyond.
Queue Goku SSJ3 transformation

Remember those moments where Luffy fantasized about [Bronze] Statues? Well, if you don’t here are some reminders:

Chapter 302:

Chapter 303:

Chapter 323:

Chapter 325:

Chapter 704:

Considering how iconic statues have become in One Piece. Wouldn’t it be cool if Luffy was finally able to sate such a wish of attaining a statue of his own? Nami won't be spending any money on acquiring one but if a stonemason were to join, that dream of getting a statue may manifest into reality. *Yamato crafts a statue of Ace on the Thousand Sunny. Luffy wakes up every morning crying at such a sight. Jinbe sighs every morning at having to console Luffy.

Moving on, how about potential interactions and relations between crew members? Outside a few members that need a few assumptions to be made, a lot of the Straw Hat Pirate members would relatively easily gel with Yamato. Not much panel time would be needed to spend on fleshing out the relationship building.
  • Yamato has met Ace in the past and cherishes such an encounter. Yamato forming a close bond with Luffy seems inevitable. Yamato can share stories of her time with Ace which Luffy WILL love. By extension, a bond between Yamato and Sabo will also exist;
  • Yamato’s mission of mastering the Oden Nitoryu Style will see Yamato consult with Zoro, the future greatest swordsman in the world. Through such a relationship where a shared interest exist, a bond between the two will arise. Zoro would also not be against a female learning to master the sword (flashes back to Kuina), especially one as capable as Yamato;
  • As for Nami, she’d love the information contained in Oden’s journal, especially if it detailed treasures existing on Islands (Islands not Laugh Tale). I can also see Oden’s journal being the foundation for the plot for a future One Piece movie where the crew journey to an Island mentioned in the journal containing a treasure;
  • Yamato’s passion and romance for adventure will spontaneously allow for her to get close to Usopp and Chopper (and Luffy). In addition, if Yamato really is a stonemason, Usopp, Chopper and Luffy would totally love having works of stone created i.e. statues. And with Yamato being able to transform into a potential monstrous form, I'm sure Chopper will find a kindred spirit in Yamato;
  • From Sanji’s perspective: Yamato is a female. Side-boob. Sanji suffers 999,999 critical damage;
  • Yamato being a stonemason will naturally allow her to form a close bond with Robin and allow for Robin to be featured more;
  • Yamato has already met Franky whom has become interested in her. The enthusiasm Yamato has in Franky’s unique state will inevitable get her to form a close bond with him. While Yamato’s reaction to meeting General Franky may not have been complete excitement as is generally for male characters, she was still left in wonderment over his form and expressed her fascination at having never met anyone like him before in her life (someone whose met the strange and sad Beast Pirate SMILE users). Yamato establishes that female characters in One Piece can appreciate the spectacle that is General Franky;
  • Brook. I don’t think there is anyone that wouldn’t be curious about a Perverted Gentleman Skeleton with an afro that has captured the world with his Soul King persona. Plus if Yamato did join, Brook will have another member in the crew with which he does not have to look down on due to his height (Jinbe and Yamato would be taller);
  • Yamato joining could also help add relevance to Jinbe presence’s in the crew. Yamato has been “imprisoned” for twenty years and there is no way that such a reality and past would not create emotional and mental scars within her. Jinbe has experience with being among former prisoners (Tiger, Koala and other Sun Pirates) so if Oda wanted it explored, he could have Jinbe help Yamato with any trauma and mental anguish she may have – she will need help and Jinbe has helped Luffy through his mental trauma in the past. Robin after having met Koala (and being enslaved herself) may also have some insight in Yamato’s situation and be able to assist.
Yeah, the potential for Yamato's character and what role she could play is immense.

My gut feeling is that the next three chapters will be vital for Carrot. She's one of the few characters we didn't see when the island started rising, which tells me we'll be getting a proper update of the battle with Peros soon. If we don't see them in 998, we 100% will in 999. I don't logically want to hang my hopes on anything big happening with her in 1000, since that'd be begging for disappointment. But my pure instinct is that if the tenth crewmate is to shine anytime this arc, the same chapter as Luffy's arrival to the roof to face Kaido would be a great time.

What better place to hide such information than in a book people initially perceive as merely a "journal".

It wouldn't be the first time Oda has misled the readers toward a certain "logical" conclusion. Look at how he introduced Yamato - "I'm Kaido's son".

And Oda clearly expressed the contents of the journal containing more than just Oden's adventurous life....

"And very important things are written in here"

There is a reason why Oda had Yamato acquire the journal from Kuri on the day Oden was executed and why he has remained in possession of it for TWENTY years.

I am not arguing that what that means is definitely the teachings of the Oden Nitoryuu Style and the Stonemason techniques are in the journal but that such a possibility exist.

Yamato using the other sword while zoro uses enma vs Kaido.... is possible. Both reopening the scar while 4 retainers failed.
Yamato - momo
Zoro - Hiyori
Post automatically merged:

Her role on the ship might be just Combatant
I can see Yamato fighting Kaido but she wouldn't not accomplish much honestly. She was never portrayed to. It will mostly be about Zoro and in part Luffy, with some allies trying off something, like Yamato, Kidd and maybe possibly Law.

This is why Yamato will allegedly tag along the crew too..

The Wano citizens won't give her credit of the Kaido defeat and not forgive her and she will want to simply leave after all these years of suffering.

I can see Yamato fighting Kaido but she wouldn't not accomplish much honestly. She was never portrayed to. It will mostly be about Zoro and in part Luffy, with some allies trying off something, like Yamato, Kidd and maybe possibly Law.

This is why Yamato will allegedly tag along the crew too..

The Wano citizens won't give her credit of the Kaido defeat and not forgive her and she will want to simply leave after all these years of suffering.
I think Yamato will be a major player especially if her role ends in wano itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.