Who will be the next Strawhat

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s obvious to me that’s where the story is going. Mentor character was a poneglyph hunter who died telling mentee to help- not join- the Strawhats, makes sense that his mentee follows in his footsteps and helps in the same manner the mentor did.

Which leads to Carrot going “oh, you guys need Poneglyphs, I’ll sail around and get them for you like Pedro did!” Cause there‘s thirty out there in the world, the Strawhats have came across like ten, and only need one more for their final destination. Unless Elbaf has like ten Poneglyphs of its own, someone else needs to go get them for the Strawhats, cause, as you've said-

Meaning the Strawhats simply aren‘t getting all those Poneglyphs themselves.
Let's also forget that Robin had spent 2 years with the Revolutionaries. Are we to also to assume she wasn't finding Poneglyphs utilizing their network? Do we know how much Robin knows? The Revolutionary Army had spent 20 years trying to get Robin, only deterred by her relation to Baroque Works. The knowledge Robin already possess I don't believe has been explicitly shown that we are not completely aware outside anything we've seen going from island to island in the New World.

Don't see a convincing argument that that is what Carrot is going to do when Pedro's role was doing that by preparing for the return of Joy Boy. He had been on an expedition for about 10 years doing just that as the captain of the Nox Expedition Party. He started going after the Road Poneglyphs more than a decade after knowing Big Mom had one, which as we saw in the Oden flashback Linlin has had for decades.

Making a last minute crew for something Pedro had already laid in preparation is pointless.
Post automatically merged:

Is that a free pass to be wrong?
It means he has a more valid assessment than most of us considering his privy of knowledge that he selectively gives away.

Not saying he's immune to being incorrect, but he seldom is and has been right. Though he doesn't speak in definites, which I'm at least grateful for.

Last edited:
Let's also forget that Robin had spent 2 years with the Revolutionaries. Are we to also to assume she wasn't finding Poneglyphs utilizing their network? Do we know how much Robin knows? The Revolutionary Army had spent 10 years trying to get Robin, only deterred by her relation to Baroque Works. The knowledge Robin already possess I don't believe has been explicitly shown that we are not completely aware outside anything we've seen going from island to island in the New World.
There is absolutely no reason to assume that Robin used the RA to hunt Poneglyphs for her, and that would be contrary to the entire point of the timeskip. It was meant for the Strawhats to put their own goals and dreams aside and become stronger for Luffy’s sake. The Strawhats’ journeys went on hold while they got stronger and the rest of the world moved around them. I very much doubt any of them

Robin, like every other Strawhat, was training. She had put her dream aside for two years to get stronger for Luffy’s sake.
Don't see a convincing argument that that is what Carrot is going to do when Pedro's role was doing that by preparing for the return of Joy Boy. He had been on an expedition for 13+ years doing just that as the captain of the Nox Expedition Party. He started going after the Road Poneglyphs more than a decade after knowing Big Mom had one, which as we saw in the Oden flashback Linlin has had for decades.
Pedro failed though. He didn‘t get to gather any Poneglyphs or copies, or we’d have seen Robin be given them on Zou to translate. Carrot will actually succeed

Pedro's goal with the Nox pirates was to get a poneglyph which was a road poneglyph. There is no reason to found the Nox pirates again and look for poneglyphs because the purpose of the nox pirates has already been fulfilled.

In chapter 830 Pedro said that they were looking for a poneglyph and that their final voyage brought them to the one who is in Big mom's terroritorium which is the road poneglyph. They were specifically looking for the road poneglyph .. not the blue ones.

Big Mom has 2 blue poneglyphs and a road poneglyph but Pedro was only looking for the road poneglyph. The blue ones didn't interest him at all. Pedro said himself in chapter 830 that he swore to steal it '' this time '' which means that they wanted to steal a very specific poneglpyh at the time, which is the road poneglpyh.

Pedro fulfilled his purpose with the nox pirates in WCI when he helped the straw hats to make a copy of the road poneglyph.

Last edited:
I'm answering your claim that he has no credibility. He does. Hocotate, his column on the official One Piece website, involved with some official translation work for the series including the recent full page NY Times ad. He's incredibly credible.
Which underlines his path as a OP fan, and kudos for turning a passion we all share, maybe to a lesser degree, to some kind of career, it´s great, but dizzy came here like he brought some statement from a higher authority and now it´s over, when the dude has been wrong half the time, and made, as far as i remember, very far-fetched claims, one example i already stated that i attribute him to.
So yes, in that sense, he has no credibility more than anybody who carefully reads the story.
He might be more knowledgeable and credible in what has already happened, in what´s going to happen? Yep not buying it, and this is regardless of how i feel about any character.

but dizzy came here like he brought some statement from a higher authority and now it´s over,
Don't blame me for your projections. I never said anything of the sort. I stated his relevance, his words and then sectioned it off and provided my own thoughts on the topic.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for the Carrot ponegliff hunter idea that's still being pushed, @Garp the Fist you're cherrypicking the convenient bit that you think hurts Carrot's chances, whilst ignoring the bigger picture that it's a part of.

Pedro isn't interested in the ponegliffs themselves. He only wants them because he thinks they can be of use for his greater ambition which is the realisation of the dawn. The ponegliffs are simply a means to this end. Pedro's real dream was the dawn...NOT to find ponegliffs.

When characters inherit the will of others, they take up their predecessor's dream and carry it on, if not go above and beyond that.

Hiriluk's dream was to save Drum Kingdom and heal the country. --->Chopper travels around the whole world and cures everything, not just Drum.

Tom built a ship that could travel the world ---> Franky built the sunny AND is travelling on it around the world

It's about picking up where they left off. That doesn't mean restricting themselves to literally doing exactly what their predecessors did. Pedro didn't want to collect ponegliffs. That was a lesser substitute for what he really wanted to do. You know what that was?
It wasn't Pedro's time. He was too young and so he had to work on standby. That's all that his ponegliff hunt was. That's all that the nox pirates were. A standby until the dawn. Nox literally means "the moment before dawn".

If Carrot's inheriting Pedro's will like you (knowingly or not) acknowledged, then that means she's inheriting his will for the dawn...Not ponegliffs. Pedro wanted to ride on the PK's ship and bring about the dawn, but his role was in setting it up. It's therefore the role of his successor, Carrot to carry on and fulfil his will for dawn in Pedro's stead. Ride on the PK's ship like Pedro longed to do, but couldn't. Bring in and experience the dawn that Pedro longed for, but realised his role was in helping to set up.

Last edited:
That would just make her even more of a female Chopper than she already is though
I don't see how that's similar to Chopper. It's one straight up powerup rather than 7 different forms with different strengths and a completely different powerset than anything Chopper has. Show me the form where Chopper floats around and uses electricity and claws and I'll concede that they're too similar.

It's really weird being on both sides of this argument. I want both of them to join. I'll be dissapointed with anything less.

She was tall when she was first introduced at least. I really wish Oda didn't shrink her in recent chapters.
Yeah yamato Looked like she could be katakuri height or rather possibly 2-3 feet shorter, still tall as fuck.
But then mask came off, Luffy and her were in the Rafters and she shrunk more.... Pissing me off.
Post automatically merged:

I mean actual giant plus I love Yamato
:gokulaugh::okay:

To be fair, Chopper will probably make some kind of rumble ball type solution that lets Carrot go Su Long whenever she wants if she joins. Su Long Carrot can handle herself, and is definitely one of the coolest characters in the series.
So then we’re gonna have 2 animals on the crew with similar personalities who both also use rumble balls.
Nah, then they’re gonna be way too similar to each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.