NIKA IS WASHED

• Yes

Votes: 50 56.2%
  • No

Votes: 32 36.0%
  • Irrelevant

Votes: 7 7.9%

• Total voters
It doesn't "ruin" One Piece for me, but I don't like it. I find it very super saiyanish. Instead of powering himself up in rage, he powers himself up in joy or something. It's silly, but so is Oda most of the time.

I'm more disappointed we havent seen some Nika combos. Sanji bouncing fireballs, Nami giving him some lightning spears, something.

Robin would be way tougher if her limbs were rubber.

But there are plenty of smile/laughter styles that fit situations even as dire as Old Man Apple dying.

I personally found this laughing more and more annoying as time goes by.

If anything I'm more pissed at the god fruit "reveal" ,it just became boring to see Luffy "achievements".
Never a crazy fan of Luffy but at least I was able to get hyped about his fights now it's just well the fruit will make it happen somehow.... let's see what other characters do.

Will see this thread multiple times from here on out I imagine. It was like that post G5 and Oda himself admitted it won’t be for everyone, gotta admit he had the balls to write what he wants. It’s his manga. Go read something else if it bugs you so much. Oh wait you won’t or at least won’t stop talking about this series if you are on a fan forum.

I also question how it will be used in certain moments in the story but tbh that’s more interesting than the typical shonen aspect and badass powerup which is clearly what he needed to go against a generation that could surpass the Roger/Whitebeard/Rocks one

Like come on, this manga has always been silly. The core of it is fun energy, don’t single out the badass moments as that’s not this kind of manga or ever was. It has a bit of everything

I like Gear 5 as a concept, I don't care about him laughing like a retard, it's original, and much better than any Gear 4 form (I hated everything about Gear 4).

But he's too broken, too soon, and that really may ruin the manga for me.

I think Oda wants to end the series personally .

Pre Nika Luffy was nowhere near to Kaido . Oda had to pull a God tier fruit it also means Manga is at end stages .

I expect things will not go as you guys expected . This is Naruto all over again when he gained Hagromo’s power nothing new really old wine in new bottle .

Pre Nika Luffy was nowhere near to Kaido . Oda had to pull a God tier fruit it also means Manga is at end stages .

I expect things will not go as you guys expected . This is Naruto all over again when he gained Hagromo’s power nothing new really old wine in new bottle .
Wrong analogy, since old wine is usually better.

Oda been ripping off western comics and cartoon shows for his entire career but this is what you have a problem with?

Gear 5 is great, the only thing that puts me off is that Luffy is the 'chosen one', hate that trope.

Not really, if anything it gave some life to Luffy's fighting style. It had gone from being based on creative goofy fighting into serious punching and stomping in G4. G5 just brings comedy value to it. As far as powerlevel goes y'all just overrated him imo, he hasn't proven he can beat a top tier in a pure 1o1.

Now I'm on the record saying I don't want him facing somebody like Akainu, but that's due to asthetic reasons that I don't want to see Akainu looking goofy and would be hard to capture a menacing vibe with it. But the Gorosei still being menacing while against him is turning me around on that.

So I think it's perfectly, the laughing is fine. Laughing has been often considered a power to last through tough times, so symbolically it works as well even in situations where somebody is dying. Just as some cultures have parties instead of sad funerals at somebody's death.

I'm also enjoying the Lore related to Nika with Elbaf now being connected. My only issue will be Oda making this into Naruto 2.0 where Luffy will 100s of levels above his contemporaries. However, so far that's not the case. So all good.
Post automatically merged:

It doesn't "ruin" One Piece for me, but I don't like it. I find it very super saiyanish. Instead of powering himself up in rage, he powers himself up in joy or something. It's silly, but so is Oda most of the time.
Yea I feel similar. The concept of gears in general always felt SSJ1->2->3 inspired. Seeing as he's inspired from Toriyama, understandable.

I had originally wanted Oda to develop him into where he doesn't need the gears to access that power. But seeing as he's a mythical zoan the transformation is inevitable now sadly.

I like Gear 5 as a concept, I don't care about him laughing like a retard, it's original, and much better than any Gear 4 form (I hated everything about Gear 4).

But he's too broken, too soon, and that really may ruin the manga for me.
not at all, we are at the end game, only two opponents left for luffy to fight and guess who they are:

imu the one who beat joy boy in the past.

BB, the guy who can negate dfs.

meaning both have a way to negate gear 5 or fight it

not really, unless you are reading blind, in his last fight with kaido luffy was boxing him pretty well he just could sustain the output needed for long