Chapter Discussion No one deserves to get laughed at after they die

In all seriousness, Luffy will have his serious moments again with key enemies.

Its clear VP is surviving, and the way oda writes scenes is generally separate from how characters experience situations which is super unrealistic.

I would "assume" Akainu will piss him off, and maybe theres a thing with Nika/Gear 5 where anger is a power trait over laughter. I also "assume" that with Blackbeard, he could just take that power away, so no more Nika.

And even with Shanks, we'd have to see how much hed now how to handle that fruit since he gave it to Luffy.

Imu out of all of this I feel Imu will be the most ridiculous, and itll be entirely on purpose to send this series off with the most ridiculous fight Oda can think of.

Let's see what if all his crew get slaughtered and he would still act like these
But ig Oda won't ever make the crew get that treatment.
Reason why all of the people close to Luffy aren't dying at Wano could be this.........
Now, Vegapunk survival chance increased by 10%
:sanmoji:

Mfers in this thread unironically believe that the Straw Hats 20 years into the story are ever in real danger of dying horrific deaths, and should die. Pretending that the series doesn't spoil Luffy winning the day at the end of it within Chapter 1.

Mfers its a fun adventure about the future pirate king, and we're a few arcs away from him just being the current Pirate King. You are kidding yourself if you still buy "OH DAMN SATURNS GONNA KILL LUFFY!11!!" at this point. Having a laughing power up fits this series tone more than a stone faced Luffy clad in full Haki. He doesn't *like* being deadfaced serious, and now he can fight in his truest form. A happy go lucky goofball who likes fighting for those he cares about.

Kaido liked being a power scaler, Big Moms whole kit is centered around ordering her homies around, Akainu likes to erupt like a volcano, and the cool Aokiji freezes people. Why can't the smiling and laughing Luffy smile and laugh at the peak of his power?

Roger laughs while he fights, why can't Luffy? He's not a fucking hero he's a goddamn motherfucking pirate who has literal murderers on his crew.

Anyways *in the fucking story* the people on those battlefields hear those drums and that laughter, and they fucking smile! Why?

Because thats the LOUD sound of someone coming to save their goddamn lives, someone whose power can only be described as "ridiculous".

I would fucking start crying in relief if I heard that approaching and I had Saturn starting me down.