Character Discussion No Samurai/Swordsman will be has strong has Oden

Samurai = swordsmen/other warriors specifically from Wano is established. Mihawk doesn't fall under it.

Ryuma too doesn't fall under it. Since Kaido said that there won't be a Samurai as monstrous as Oden, which is him referring to the future, to the time after Oden. Won't =/= wasn't.

That only refers to Wano and its closed borders. Or otherwise it means Oden > Roger and Primebeard. Roger/WB > Kaido.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
That only refers to Wano and its closed borders. Or otherwise it means Oden > Roger and Primebeard. Roger/WB > Kaido.
It refers to everyone if you continue reading because Oden includes outsiders as those who will defeat Kaido.
It doesnt mean that Oden>Roger and WB, it means Oden~Roger and WB.
Even if Roger and WB are > Oden, it is not enough to be >Kaido.

It refers to everyone if you continue reading because Oden includes outsiders as those who will defeat Kaido.
It doesnt mean that Oden>Roger and WB, it means Oden~Roger and WB.
Even if Roger and WB are > Oden, it is not enough to be >Kaido.
Not sure about the exact context. But iirc Oden refered to the outsiders as those who will open the borders of Wano again. Wano is a closed country that doesn't leak information after all, with Kaido having the home advantage to begin with. WB who had Izo on his ship, didn't set foot in Wano. Not because he was scared but because they had no intel about the misery that was going on. Oden in his 4 years on Whitebeard's ship didn't have either. Or they simply didn't view it as their business too much.

1 on 1, Primebeard would beat Kaido. As Roger would. Oden, who almost killed Kaido and caused him trauma, was shocked about the clash between Whitebeard and Roger, and Whitebeard didn't even use his Gura fruit.

Whitebeard received the hype from all the sides

- Whitebeard's era
- king of the sea
- strongest man/strongest pirate
- other Yonko being referred to as silver medalists who want to catch up to Roger/WB
- rules in front of the throne
- Big Mom highlighting Whitebeard among the other Yonkos in terms of power

Not sure about the exact context. But iirc Oden refered to the outsiders as those who will open the borders of Wano again. Wano is a closed country that doesn't leak information after all, with Kaido having the home advantage to begin with. WB who had Izo on his ship, didn't set foot in Wano. Not because he was scared but because they had no intel about the misery that was going on. Oden in his 4 years on Whitebeard's ship didn't have either. Or they simply didn't view it as their business too much.

1 on 1, Primebeard would beat Kaido. As Roger would. Oden, who almost killed Kaido and caused him trauma, was shocked about the clash between Whitebeard and Roger, and Whitebeard didn't even use his Gura fruit.

- Whitebeard's era
- king of the sea
- other Yonko being referred to as silver medalists who want to catch up to Roger/WB
Keep that in mind that WB is silver medalist too, he dont need/want the gold medal tho.

I don't think this was in reference to only wano I think, not saying roger and WB(this is pretty much a plot hole as to why WBPs did not come to rescue at all, macro was behaving as if they did not even know about it), even BM was a monster but won't be counted since she won't come to save them. Also,roger was probably dead at the time of saying this. And he was probably referencing the crew who would come in 20 years to save the world since wano is an important stop.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker

- Whitebeard's era
- king of the sea
Even if Whitebeard knew, he would not be able to stop Kaido, just like Oden said.
The entire WG cannot topple the country, as Orochi said himself and the entire WG>>>WB pirates. @vikas

If it's 1vs1, always bet on Kaido, not Whitebeard, not Roger either. Oden got the chance to kill Kaido because of lucky circumstances.
When he wasnt so lucky, in the castle, he couldnt do anything to Kaido. Dont be confused by lucky circumstances.
Whitebeard is the greatest Pirate, sure, that has nothing to do with 1vs1.

Oda introduced the 3 WSx title holders from weakest to strongest, brilliant storytelling because every single one of them wasnt overshadowed by anyone else at their introduction. Mihawk was overshadowed only when WSM was introduced, much later.
Whitebeard was overshadowed only when WSC was introduced, much later.
Now, it seems like Kaido cannot be overshadowed because his title encompasses everyone but with Bonney's ability it could be done.

No sowrdsmen in OP, neither Mihawk nor Ryuma has been wanked, as much as Oden. Not only his swordsmanship, but also his physical strength has been hyped to be on completely another level.... even as a child his strength was on par with the likes of BM and other freaks of nature.

World's strongest creature, has been wanking Oden himself since the beginning of Wano. He literally succumbs to PTSD whenever he remembers Oden...... And yet, people think that Zoro will somehow match Oden's strength just like that 🤣🤣🤣 I'm sure Zoro will show tremendous feats of strength this arc, but I seriously doubt that by the end of Wano, Oda will put Zoro on the same pedestal as Oden, who was clearly leagues above any YC1.

Last edited:
No sowrdsmen in OP, neither Mihawk nor Ryuma has been wanked, as much as Oden. Not only his swordsmanship, but also his physical strength has been hyped to be on completely another level.... even as a child his strength was on par with the likes of BM and other freaks of nature.

World's strongest creature, has been wanking Oden himself since the beginning of Wano. He literally succumbs to PTSD whenever he remembers Oden...... And yet, people think that Zoro will somehow match Oden's strength just like that 🤣🤣🤣 I'm sure Zoro will show tremendous feats of strength this arc, but I seriously doubt that by the end of Wano, Oda will put Zoro on the same pedestal as Oden, who was clearly leagues above any YC1. But it doesn't matter, does it?? For many of us, Zoro already is on the same level as one of the greatest swordsmen in OP, even if there's no conclusive proof.
Oden own daughter gave up thd sword hwr dying father gave her to get back Ryuma sword. Ryuma is a god to people in Wano, they still don't call Oden god.

Oden own daughter gave up thd sword hwr dying father gave her to get back Ryuma sword. Ryuma is a god to people in Wano, they still don't call Oden god.
You aren't understanding my point... I too think that Ryuma in his prime was stronger than Oden, and imo Mihawk too is a bit superior in comparison. But the fact still remains that Oda has dedicated multiple chapters wanking Oden, and the trend is still going on.... Just last chapter Kaido hyped him again. Whereas in comparison to that there are 3 or 4 random mentions in nearly 1000 chapters of Ryuma being a sword god and shisui a national treasure...... I'm not comparing strengths, just the amount of hype each character has recieved and the feats shown to backup that wank.

You aren't understanding my point... I too think that Ryuma in his prime was stronger than Oden, and imo Mihawk too is a bit superior in comparison. But the fact still remains that Oda has dedicated multiple chapters wanking Oden, and the trend is still going on.... Just last chapter Kaido hyped him again. Whereas in comparison to that there are 3 or 4 random mentions in nearly 1000 chapters of Ryuma being a sword god and shisui a national treasure...... I'm not comparing strengths, just the amount of hype each character has recieved and the feats shown to backup that wank.
Thats because this is Oden centric arc. Mihawk will get his shine when its due time. Those 3 or 4 mentions of Ryuma is superior to Oden. The tengu literally implied Turning your sword black is something Oden couldn't, but Zoro can. So did the fox. They are putting Ryuma in a different light then Oden

Thats because this is Oden centric arc. Mihawk will get his shine when its due time. Those 3 or 4 mentions of Ryuma is superior to Oden. The tengu literally implied Turning your sword black is something Oden couldn't, but Zoro can. So did the fox. They are putting Ryuma in a different light then Oden
Again, you completely missed my point... Yes, as a swordsmen Ryuma has been given higher stature than Oden, but we're not comparing strength so it doesn't matter, and I'm sure that Mihawk will get his time to shine.. Ofcourse he will, he's a major character and currently one of the strongest in OP verse. But.... as of now, no swordsmen has been wanked as much as Oden. Continous rows of chapters have been dedicated to hype him up, and more are yet to come.

For example out of every person in Navy, Prime Garp has been potrayed as the strongest... Only person who went toe to toe with Roger. But... if we talk about the marine soldier who has been wanked the most, it's Akainu. I'm not saying that he's stronger than Garp or he has been implied to be superior in anyway, but he's recieved most hype.

Last edited: