Speculations Not only will the 4 Yonko fight over One Piece, but so will Akainu and his fleet.

Will the 4 Yonko and Marines Fight over One Piece?

• Yes

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • No, only Yonko

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • No, only Blackbeard or Shanks

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
Ive been thinking about this a lot lately, but its really come to light more recently with recent chapters suggesting that the seat of power at the top of the world is the pinnacle and final goal of the series. But what has concerned me (and probably like, 99% of the fanbase) is how Oda will tackle the remaining factions in the series before this, because you have like 4-5 major ones that frankly have nothing or little to do with the WG as a controlling entity. Like, most threads are about the powerscale, but in reality its about who loses first and when.

How do you, after Kaido and Big Mom, continuously attempt to scale other powers at a higher level in a linear fashion? Then it got me thinking: that probably isnt Oda's intent. He's gone on record, multiple times, stating that the bigger endgame conflict will dwarf anything that has come before.

This really starts to get traction if you go back to Doflamingo's speech after losing. Interestingly, he includes the Marines on the war for higher power, but not the World Government, only referencing them after the fact:

But what really made question Akainu's placement, funny enough, had to do more with what Oda had Ryokugyuu say to Shanks:

If Oda put out dialogue implying the Marines will fight the RHP, then it lends credence to them potentially being involved in the war for the 4th RP or road to LT as a means to prevent anyone from going there.

What Im starting to see is Akainu ideally shouldnt sit around and do nothing, especially if Egghead ends with Kizaru in the least losing. At that point, sitting and waiting is just allowing others to amass power and gain more victories.

This is why I think now, it would make far more sense for Marine HQ to take part in this war, against Luffy and his fleet, Shanks, Blackbeard and Cross Guild. In this way, all major factions lose in close proximity. The Marines top brass (Zodiac VAs, Fuji, Ryo) can all take part against the other forces. You can have Zoro fight an Admiral, and also fight Shiryu, and also fight Mihawk in the end. Mihawk can also clash with Shanks. He can also clash with Fuji or Shiryu. Same with Akainu, Blackbeard, Luffy and Shanks together.

Hopefully this starts to make sense. With very few tertiary arc characters, Oda has a really good opportunity to flesh out and characterize 4-5 factions in a grand scale war similar to Marineford, but with actual, proper conclusions. You reduce the need to escalate powerscale between all of these characters and just have them at a more level playing field to see who is left in the end. People can fight dirty/clean and win/lose. You can dish out flashsbacks and have shocking reveals for characters when relevant (if not characterized earlier). Oda doesnt have to focus on general 1v1s that take up too much time until there are only 2 people left (i.e. Zoro vs Mihawk directly or Luffy vs Blackbeard/Akainu/Shanks, etc). He doesnt have to focus on scabbard type characters (unless you hate the SHF lol). By the end of this, you have your Pirate King crew. One that surpasses all Yonko and Marine fleets.

In this way, you also reduce the clutter for the "grander" conflict with the World Government, where the Revolutionaries, allied Kingdoms, and Luffy's other allies (i.e. Kid and Law; other Supernova, Hancock, former Whitebeard/Roger Pirates) take the stage with Ancient Weapons, One Piece itself, etc. The WG, to me, is just starting to feel like its being set up to be a stronger entity than anyone else, considering Dragon highlighting God's Knights before even finding out about the Gorosei and Imu from Sabo.

To summarize, you'd:

- Knock out 3-4 factions without needing to individually spend time on each, but instead in a larger conflict with proper buildup
- Not regurgitate 1v1 matchups for all eternity (the man will never finish this manga), the figts are more chaotic and grandiose.
- Give the Grand Fleet Purpose (Maybe this is their great incident they are involved in?)
- Leave enough breather for the WG fight to mean something separate from the Marines, which Oda has been specifying with God Knights and the Gorosei, Imu being "monsters"

What do you guys think? Does this make sense?

Tldr: What if Luffy fought like 3-4 Kaido's together but all Kaido's were also fighting each other?

Tags

Ive been thinking about this a lot lately, but its really come to light more recently with recent chapters suggesting that the seat of power at the top of the world is the pinnacle and final goal of the series. But what has concerned me (and probably like, 99% of the fanbase) is how Oda will tackle the remaining factions in the series before this, because you have like 4-5 major ones that frankly have nothing or little to do with the WG as a controlling entity. Like, most threads are about the powerscale, but in reality its about who loses first and when.

How do you, after Kaido and Big Mom, continuously attempt to scale other powers at a higher level in a linear fashion? Then it got me thinking: that probably isnt Oda's intent. He's gone on record, multiple times, stating that the bigger endgame conflict will dwarf anything that has come before.

This really starts to get traction if you go back to Doflamingo's speech after losing. Interestingly, he includes the Marines on the war for higher power, but not the World Government, only referencing them after the fact:

But what really made question Akainu's placement, funny enough, had to do more with what Oda had Ryokugyuu say to Shanks:

If Oda put out dialogue implying the Marines will fight the RHP, then it lends credence to them potentially being involved in the war for the 4th RP or road to LT as a means to prevent anyone from going there.

What Im starting to see is Akainu ideally shouldnt sit around and do nothing, especially if Egghead ends with Kizaru in the least losing. At that point, sitting and waiting is just allowing others to amass power and gain more victories.

This is why I think now, it would make far more sense for Marine HQ to take part in this war, against Luffy and his fleet, Shanks, Blackbeard and Cross Guild. In this way, all major factions lose in close proximity. The Marines top brass (Zodiac VAs, Fuji, Ryo) can all take part against the other forces. You can have Zoro fight an Admiral, and also fight Shiryu, and also fight Mihawk in the end. Mihawk can also clash with Shanks. He can also clash with Fuji or Shiryu. Same with Akainu, Blackbeard, Luffy and Shanks together.

Hopefully this starts to make sense. With very few tertiary arc characters, Oda has a really good opportunity to flesh out and characterize 4-5 factions in a grand scale war similar to Marineford, but with actual, proper conclusions. You reduce the need to escalate powerscale between all of these characters and just have them at a more level playing field to see who is left in the end. People can fight dirty/clean and win/lose. You can dish out flashsbacks and have shocking reveals for characters when relevant (if not characterized earlier). Oda doesnt have to focus on general 1v1s that take up too much time until there are only 2 people left (i.e. Zoro vs Mihawk directly or Luffy vs Blackbeard/Akainu/Shanks, etc). He doesnt have to focus on scabbard type characters (unless you hate the SHF lol). By the end of this, you have your Pirate King crew. One that surpasses all Yonko and Marine fleets.

In this way, you also reduce the clutter for the "grander" conflict with the World Government, where the Revolutionaries, allied Kingdoms, and Luffy's other allies (i.e. Kid and Law; other Supernova, Hancock, former Whitebeard/Roger Pirates) take the stage with Ancient Weapons, One Piece itself, etc. The WG, to me, is just starting to feel like its being set up to be a stronger entity than anyone else, considering Dragon highlighting God's Knights before even finding out about the Gorosei and Imu from Sabo.

To summarize, you'd:

- Knock out 3-4 factions without needing to individually spend time on each, but instead in a larger conflict with proper buildup
- Not regurgitate 1v1 matchups for all eternity (the man will never finish this manga), the figts are more chaotic and grandiose.
- Give the Grand Fleet Purpose (Maybe this is their great incident they are involved in?)
- Leave enough breather for the WG fight to mean something separate from the Marines, which Oda has been specifying with God Knights and the Gorosei, Imu being "monsters"

Tldr: What if Luffy fought like 3-4 Kaido's together but all Kaido's were also fighting each other?

Tags
All I can say so far is, there’s a ton of villains popped up, there’s major D clan lore exposure/set up, and there won’t be as many 1-1 mega arc long battles
Oda showcased major world events and a blitz of battles with their conclusions within ten or so chapters
And with the rapid pacing of egghead and the world at large it seems like enemies will be fighting each other, lots of clashes are incoming, but the strawhats imo could split up and fight diff battles at different fronts to make it seem as if they are progressing in a linear fashion. They are a Yonko crew, it’s time they start acting like one

Don't think the Marines/World Government will fight for the One Piece but could see them involved in a large-scale war. Blackbeard wanting to be a king of a recognized country opens the door for everyone getting involved but for what not exactly sure
I get this from a 1 side vs all perspective with the Marinest/WG, but I think what Oda is trying to highlight about the WG itself lately is that they are their own faction full of monsters (God's Knights, Gorosei and Imu having powers, hurting Sabo as a Logia, etc) that also extend their powers to people like Kong, CP0 and who knows what else.

But you are right, either Oda frontloads a larger war for One Piece or he saves the Marines for the final battle with the WG (assuming both conflicts are separate). It could also be one thing but I have a harder time seeing Mariejois not being destroyed to symbolically state the WG as it was is done. Plus FI's destruction

It'll only be the Yonkos. The World Government are being saved for the final war. The best you could hope for the Marines' involvement is maybe 2 Admirals and some Marine fodder. The World Government haven't intervened that much in any other pirate conflicts ever, so why would that suddenly change now?

@Paperchampion23
I do hate the fleet. Donquixote pirates were the most fleshed out group of villains. The only thing missing for them to be the perfect group of villains was to be defeated by the rightful main cast.
Dressrosa was when Lolda stopped treating the main cast as such,writing side characters doing all the fighting work for them.
It's the side characters's fault that Chopper is now beyond repair as a character. That piece of shit in the form of a cat stole his only possible opponent in shitty country(Perospero.).
If the fleet keeps stealing fights from Condom-Boy's gang until the final,this "pirate king's crew" title will be exposed as a fraud.
@Warchief Sanji D Goat @gz89 @ConquistadoR @Vanlax @Blother Fertitta

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢

To summarize, you'd:

Tags
Maybe but maybe not.

I think we should not be so sure of how the WG as a whole would react to all the events.

Admirals are very conflicted characters.

Fujitora: Hates pirates, frees slaves, and helped to abolish the Warlords system.

Ryokugyu: Got into an argument with Fujitora and they got physical yet he is annoyed with CDs and more than likely doesn't give a fuck about them and wants to follow Akainu.

Akainu: Hates pirates, and dislikes the Gorosei. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets talked into abolishing the CD system ( not in alliance with pirates tho ).

Kizaru: ????? He seems to be the most Marine character in history without any good or bad biases. If you think about his character he literally did what he was supposed to be doing all this time. His motives are still unknown.

Kuzan: Hates the system in WG, wanted to change Marines for the better and etc.

If you think about it for a minute. None of the Admirals are huge fans of the WG/Gorosei themselves. You can make an argument about ones being closer to Gorosei's mindset than others but they are not that plain and simple.

Akainu, Aokiji, Kizaru, Ryokugyu and Fujitora. Five Admirals. ( I know that Kuzan deflected but we don't know if he's not double agent so shut up about this shit ).

Five Gorosei. + Imu as supposedly one above all.

@Elder Lee Hung @SakazOuki @AkainuTheGrimReaper @MarineHQ @Xione and etc...

What do you guys think about the possibility of Akainu asking the rest of the Admirals to follow his lead into standing up to the Gorosei to overthrow them and create a new system?

Obviously, don't get me wrong. I do not expect Akainu to do a 180 of his character and start to "understand that good is better than evil".

No no no,

But they can use the chaos that will unfold with the final war and try to change the Marines/WG for the better.

If you think about it. We always talk about oh this or that character will fight the Gorosei but realistically? No one is strong enough to fight them probably aside from Luffy and BB.

Imu fights Dragon. ( Let's say he was a former Admiral candidate or CP-0 leader for the sake of why would he team up with Admirals ).

Now we have Dragon + 5 Admirals vs Imu and 5 Gorosei.

The rest of the Revos, Chaton, and Gion ( Admiral candidates before Ryo and Fuji showed up ) can fight Holy Knights or some shit Idc.

This is a very chaotic and only a concept scenario so take it with a grain of salt.

To summarize, you'd:

Tags
It would be too much of a clusterfuck. Oda couldn’t even give Jack more than 2 pages of action when the enemy count was only 14. Imagine how many characters would get shafted if Oda had to handle 11 core fighters from the Marines (Akainu, 3 Admiral, 7 Zodiacs), Shanks and his 9 officers, BB and his 10 commanders, and Mihawk and Croc. Of course, since it’s Oda we’re talking about, he’ll make this problem even worse by choosing to waste pages in goofy VAs and goofy Shanks/BB allied captains.

Also supernovas
There are still pirates and mobsters that want Bege dead
I assume the same for Apoo since he was Kaido informant so I assume he took down some pirates for kaido

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
What do you guys think about the possibility of Akainu asking the rest of the Admirals to follow his lead into standing up to the Gorosei to overthrow them and create a new system?
No, not Akainu. Not with pirates still running rampant, the man isn’t going to attempt to overthrow the Gorosei when Pirates still exist. Akainu will always fight pirates before the WG no matter how much he might disagree with the Government.

Oda could barely handle MF skirmishes and most of Wano fights were dissapointing. If there is a multiple groups fight it will be a disaster
I think we have to look at these things separately. Marineford was a condensed showcase (less than 30 chapters) for upper powers with no direct conclusion, and basically everyone there is relevant to the groups I mention in this thread.

Wano on the other hand had way too many side characters (Numbers, Scabbards, Hyou, etc) that hogged up signficant screentime at random points. That said, the only thing that probably changes are things like scabbards being replaced with the SHF as an example, so if you dont like that then I can see there being dislike for it.

I think most of us know Oda isnt particularly great a choreography (outside of some key moments), so ideally him giving us those cool moments like BB and Shanks clashing or discussing history or Usopp outsniping Yasopp or Auger, etc is what is the better thing to expect from this.
Post automatically merged:

It would be too much of a clusterfuck. Oda couldn’t even give Jack more than 2 pages of action when the enemy count was only 14. Imagine how many characters would get shafted if Oda had to handle 11 core fighters from the Marines (Akainu, 3 Admiral, 7 Zodiacs), Shanks and his 9 officers, BB and his 10 commanders, and Mihawk and Croc. Of course, since it’s Oda we’re talking about, he’ll make this problem even worse by choosing to waste pages in goofy VAs and goofy Shanks/BB allied captains.
@Shiroyru The issue is Jack was handled by a secondary character and not a primary one. Several others had the same effect. Each one of these groups, sans CG for now, has roughly 9-10 notable people like the crew.

I also dont think Jack has the same level of agency for Oda vs someone like Shiryu or Fuji or Beckman for example. To be fair, many characters will not get the same focus as others, this is just a realistic expectation from someone using all of these characters.

Id expect to see 10-20+ long chapters dedicated just Luffy, Blackbeard, Shanks, and Akainu at the end, and maybe half that at most Zoro, Fuji, Shiryu and Mihawk for example before this. Even less for Usopp, Yasopp and Auger. Maybe some of these characters fall beforehand or lose unexpectedly. Maybe not.

Clusterfuck depends on what is prioritized and many characters wont be.

Last edited: