General & Others Oda confirms that "rooftop" wasn't his idea and that he was pressured to do it.

1.This only confirms he was dragging to match the rooftop start with chapter 1000 (which is beyond fucking stupid, why sacrifice story for a number lineup? Sellout type beat)
2.Rooftop has been the peak of Wano so far, so thank God for the insert regardless. The raid was being carried by the rooftop chapters up until recently.
Only Luffy vs Kaido, Yamato vs Kaido were true fights which make senses

SNs Vs Yonko is a joke, fanservice

Odaโ€™s original plan was probably to have Kidd, Law and Luffy face off against the Yonko while Zoro would defeat King first before scarring Kaido.

And Killerโ€ฆwould continue to be a non-factor. You can NOT convince me that Oda genuinely sees Killer as the leader of the new generation. Kidd yes of course, but Killer absolutely not. Sorry.
Zoro was gonna fight Orochi and kill him
His plot in wano was linked to Orochi

Come onigashima, Zoro starts saying "I came to cut kaido down"
The hell, you never showed this resentment before you saw kiku arm going
Only SN TRIO were shown starting the want to fight and beat Kaido

Zoro plot vs Kaido was forced!

Last edited by a moderator:
Could have happened after, hence my point. The whole healing plotline seemed very left field but maybe that was planned idk.
to me this post stand for the dragging running chapter before hitting chapter 1000 so that Luffy join the fight vs Yonko
Oda would have started that fight vs Yonko way early, there was no need for any of the 5SN to take that long to get up there.

But hey that is history, canon is that 5SN reach the roof on chap 1000.

to me this post stand for the dragging running chapter before hitting chapter 1000 so that Luffy join the fight vs Yonko
Oda would have started that fight vs Yonko way early, there was no need for any of the 5SN to take that long to get up there.

But hey that is history, canon is that 5SN reach the roof on chap 1000.
I think the drive there was to give the scabbards their conflict with Kaido first.

Zoro was gonna fight Orochi and kill him
His plot ij wano was linked to Orochi

Come onigashima, Zoro starts saying "I came to cut kaido down"
The hell, you energy showed this resentment before you saw kiku arm going
Only SN TRIO were shown starting the want to fight and beat Kaido

Zoro plot vs Kaido was forced!
Ah yes Zoro was going to fight the corward who literally got ignored and easily cut down by the scabbards, the characters that would have way more of a grudge against him.

Kaido and Big Mom were set up as the main threats here, not Orochi.

I'm sure that Kid would eventually end up in rooftop, but I'm not so sure about Law, especially Zoro and Killer who had their opponents to deal with.
The character that got a sword foreshadowing contact with Kaido (chapter 955), got ground work for unlocking conqueror's coating later on (chapter 1010), and left a permanent scar on Kaido was shoe-horned harder into the roof than the character who basically didn't do much, left no mark, and progressed in nothing?

You could at least try to be less transparent about your agenda and not bitch and moan whenever the story doesn't fit your inaccurate head canon.

The character that got a sword foreshadowing contact with Kaido (chapter 955), got ground work for unlocking conqueror's coating later on (chapter 1010), and left a permanent scar on Kaido was shoe-horned harder into the roof than the character who basically didn't do much, left no mark, and progressed in nothing?

You could at least try to be less transparent about your agenda and not bitch and moan whenever the story doesn't fit your inaccurate head canon.
they are crying after seeing the difference between current Zoro and current Sanji. With Queen as a clown and King the only competent beast pirate :ihaha:

It implies that he had to figure out a way to do something "surprising" or hype worthy for the chapter.

The structure of the rooftop then back to the other fights honestly seems very odd. Like, in the grand scheme of things, it did make the entertainment value of the raid increase, but its funny because the "real" fights didn't start until after 1010.

Now Luffy is fighting him alone. Now Kid/Law are fighting BM. Now the Calamities are being tackled by Zoro and Sanji, but for some time that wasn't the case and it was a jumbled mess of random skirmishes
True but Oda could have made chapter 1000 just Luffy hitting Kaido and saying he will be Pirate King. The fact that you guys are saying whole Rooftop is just a fan service is just ridicilous.

Oda always said that all i do in my story is my ideas. Also the point of Rooftop to show how strong the New gen pirates are.

Also Rooftop chapters were the best community was the most active in this chapters. You cant just put this as random skirmishes and jumbled mess.