Character Discussion Oda confirms Zoro is Sanji's king?

So first it was speed, then it was CoO, now it's flames? Goat was right, now all you guys seem to be missing is Zoro kicks vs Sanji kicks. Character specializations are a thing for a reason. Sanji was trained in swords, and can use knives pretty damn well as was shown in that one fight, but you don't see us trying to say he's a better swordsman or on par. Let characters shine with their own traits.
Dude, i was explaining Ifrit & Hell aren't related & then explained how he could re-phrase his Thread Subject to be a better discussion, so no need to get triggered over some simple observation

And Zoro can indeed Cut Flames, i'm not comparing any Character Specialization
As for Flame Power, Usopp did confirm that Zoro will get a Fire Sword, he already lied about it before

And we also have confirmation that Shanks can use a Flaming Sword
So let me ask you couple questions, are Sanji's Attacks greater than Shanks using his Flaming Sword?
When Zoro unlocks a Fire Sword, you think he won't surpass Shanks Flaming Sword Style?

Specialization or not, some things can be compared
Just like i can compare Luffy Kicks vs Sanji Kicks, Luffy CoO vs Sanji CoO, Luffy Flame Attacks vs Sanji Flame Attacks, Luffy's Speed vs Sanji's Speed ... etc

Characters can be specialized in things, but it doesn't mean there aren't Superior Fighters in said expertise who have larger Arsenal.
So stop coping

Sanji's ultimate mode is Ifrit Jambe. Ifrit is an inhabitant of the underworld or hell. Who is the king of hell? It's Zoro. Zoro rules over the realm Sanji inhabits.

Knowing Oda, he has reasoning behind such parallels.

@ConquistadoR @nik87 @HA001 OF THE RAIN @ShishioIsBack @L55 @Fleet Leader Fenaker @Cinera @CbShadow @Den_Den_Mushi @Sasaki Kojirō etc
Islam doesn't maintain any of the above views regarding Ifrit...

All Jinns are free beings that roam earth but no one has a free pass to hell to reside therebruh

Not everything on Wikipedia is true

Oda used it to describes his flames as far superior by analogizig it to a superior class of Jinns meaning his flames are much stronger than they were and are built different

@Salah WG correct me if I'm wrong, but according to the Wiki, the Ifrit are indeed associated with the underworld (which basically is hell).

"Ifrit, also spelled as efreet, afrit, and afreet (Arabic: ʿifrīt: عفريت, plural ʿafārīt: عفاريت), is a powerful type of demon in Islamic mythology. The afarit are often associated with the underworld and identified with the spirits of the dead, and have been compared to evil geniī loci in European culture.[2] In Quran, hadith, and Mi'raj narrations the term is always followed by the phrase among the jinn. In later folklore, they developed into independent entities, identified as powerful demons or spirits of the dead who sometimes inhabit desolate places such as ruins and temples. Their true habitat is the underworld.[3]"

@Salah WG correct me if I'm wrong, but according to the Wiki, the Ifrit are indeed associated with the underworld (which basically is hell).

"Ifrit, also spelled as efreet, afrit, and afreet (Arabic: ʿifrīt: عفريت, plural ʿafārīt: عفاريت), is a powerful type of demon in Islamic mythology. The afarit are often associated with the underworld and identified with the spirits of the dead, and have been compared to evil geniī loci in European culture.[2] In Quran, hadith, and Mi'raj narrations the term is always followed by the phrase among the jinn. In later folklore, they developed into independent entities, identified as powerful demons or spirits of the dead who sometimes inhabit desolate places such as ruins and temples. Their true habitat is the underworld.[3]"
The dwelling-places of the jinn
The jinn live on this earth where we do. They are mostly to be found in ruins and unclean places like bathrooms, dunghills, garbage dumps and graveyards.

Scholarly source.

Not sure where Wikipedia got this information. According to the Quran, Ifrit are creatures that were once prayed to, akin to gods. But they live in a world parallel to one we live in. As such humans cannot see or touch them but can combat them with Magic as many ifrit are seen as wicked beings.

The dwelling-places of the jinn
The jinn live on this earth where we do. They are mostly to be found in ruins and unclean places like bathrooms, dunghills, garbage dumps and graveyards.

Scholarly source.
Can they still be associated with the underworld or hell, or have their origin from there? Like demons from hell who are roaming earth and possessing people. Or are they unaffiliated with the underworld?

Last edited:

Don't follow the English Wikipedia when it comes to anything Arab or Islamic Related
I personally noticed so many times that they are not Accurate or written by people who are not part of the Culture or Religion
Arabic one is more accurate

But regardless, Wikipedia isn't my source, Jinn are very well known among Muslims & are mentioned in our Scriptures
  • They are Creatures made of Fire
  • They have Free Will just like Humans & contrary to Animals
  • They can See us, but we can't See them
  • They are generally Stronger (As in Faster or have more Abilities than us)
  • They live on Earth just like us & they have their own Lives & Cultures & Hierarchy ... etc
  • They can possess Humans (Sometimes they succeed, sometimes they fail)
  • They can Shape-Shift to Animals or Humans (But their Human Transformation is said to be Imperfect)
  • Witchcraft or Magic relies on asking help from these Jinn
  • They also follow different Faiths just like Humans & we believe they will be judged whether to go to Hell or Heaven just like us
  • King Solomon is a Prophet in Islam & one of his Miracles was being given Rulership over All Jinn
  • Iblis or Satan or what people call "The Devil" himself is also a Jinn
  • They vary in strengths, roles & looks just like Humans & some of them are more Powerful than others
  • Ifrit is one of the Stronger Jinns
  • Jinn refers to all of them in general, while Demon/Devil refers to the Bad Ones who follow Satan/Iblis
This is some of what we know about Jinn (There are more Details ofc)
They have no association with Hell, except that they may enter it after Judgment Day, no different than Humans

I think what English Wikipedia tried to explain by using the word "Underworld" is like a Different World
It refers to the fact that they can see us but we can't, they are still simply Earthly Creatures
(Some Scholars even theorize that they lived on Earth before Humans, before Adam/Eve)

However the reason Oda used specifically Ifrit with Sanji
Is cuz King Solomon wanted to meet Queen of a Sun-Worshipping Kingdom & Ifrit offered to bring her Throne in a second long before she arrives, so apparently while Oda was doing research on Sun Worship & Sun Deities, he found this Story & either inspired from it or saw that it resembles what he wants to Draw

King Solomon is Luffy & that Queen is Shirahoshi
Their Meeting was mentioned in Roger's Flashback & Luffy needs to invite Shirahoshi to a New Great Kingdom or New Home (Joy Boy's Promise), so if Oda follows the Islamic Story, he might have prepared some Role for Sanji related to Destruction of Fishmen Island, hence why he chose the name Ifrit for him (Even though btw it's only mentioned once in Islamic Book)

Can they still be associated with the underworld or hell, or have their origin from there? Like demons from hell who are roaming hell and possessing people. Or are they unaffiliated with the underworld?
Those are pagan ideas

In islam we maintain that hell dwellers are disbelievers its an eternal abode for them whether humans or Jinns. Its not a conducive environment for Jinns to flourish its supoosed to be the opposite..

in addition to that the KOH zoro is about is related to grim reaper or iow pagan myths of land of the dead

There is none of that in Islam

And since the mythology for Zoro's KOH is different form the reality islam maintains

I don't think for a second its appropriate to equate the 2

You'll find oda using may traditions so..

However the reason Oda used specifically Ifrit with Sanji
Is cuz King Solomon wanted to meet Queen of a Sun-Worshipping Kingdom & Ifrit offered to bring her Throne in a second long before she arrives, so apparently while Oda was doing research on Sun Worship & Sun Deities, he found this Story & either inspired from it or saw that it resembles what he wants to Draw
I don't think it's this complex. Oda probably used Ifrit because Japanese pop culture has indeed turned it into a demon-like, hellish beast of fire that can be compared to Western devils.

This is how the Japanese see Ifrit:

Oda just wanted "another fire demon" that felt like an upgrade from "diable".

Last edited:
Sanji's ultimate mode is Ifrit Jambe. Ifrit is an inhabitant of the underworld or hell. Who is the king of hell? It's Zoro. Zoro rules over the realm Sanji inhabits.

Knowing Oda, he has reasoning behind such parallels.

@ConquistadoR @nik87 @HA001 OF THE RAIN @ShishioIsBack @L55 @Fleet Leader Fenaker @Cinera @CbShadow @Den_Den_Mushi @Sasaki Kojirō etc
Totally wrong in so many lvl and shows how ignorrant an average Zoro fan is. Ifrit is an Islamic term used for Djinns who became devils who are evil and strong also they are living in our world not hell though they may go to hell after death. In islam hell maintaners are Zebanis and their head is called Malik, malik is super though and never laughs.

Enma is a japanese term in their religion and they are demonists so not much of a connection there. Enma seems to have connections budhism and hinduism which is totally different.

Totally wrong in so many lvl and shows how ignorrant an average Zoro fan is. Ifrit is an Islamic term used for Djinns who became devils who are evil and strong also they are living in our world not hell though they may go to hell after death. In islam hell maintaners are Zebanis and their head is called Malik, malik is super though and never laughs.

Enma is a japanese term in their religion and they are demonists so not much of a connection there. Enma seems to have connections budhism and hinduism which is totally different.
Enma is the king of hell and nothing else that's common knowledge for Japanese, Enma is a god.
And the reason oda used Ifrit is that it's pretty popular to be used in Japanese fiction to name a fire spirit/demonic species/some creature/ something mythical related to fire..just to sound cool. Given how diablo was used..he used Ifrit as an upgrade. They are not thinking of any Djin or trying to fit it here. Just use it as a cool name.

He has also mentioned it. https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/forum/threads/oda-confirms-zoro-is-sanjis-king.36012/post-3781553