General & Others Oda is a good or bad writer?

history is littered with high ranking female military officers and successfull female pirates. booo Oda!!!!
SHAME
SHAME
SHAME

that is 1 thing I like most about Oda, he gives very little fucks. an author does best when he does not listen to complaints.
if I wanted to read hivemind texts I would browse reddit.

Too hard to say. I could say he's both. In his prime he was a very good writer. As of now not so much.

Ofcourse there are several outside factors that could be currently affecting his writing.

- Old Age, Family, Stress, Pressure to finish quicker and retire, Pressure to live up to his ( world building) hype and add even more things into the story....possibly even tired of the same story.

Without these factors, I bet Oda could be an excellent writer....as he shown thus far with pre timeskip. But I'm not gonna stand here and lie, saying current OP is good. Because it really isnt....

Too hard to say. I could say he's both. In his prime he was a very good writer. As of now not so much.

Ofcourse there are several outside factors that could be currently affecting his writing.

- Old Age, Family, Stress, Pressure to finish quicker and retire, Pressure to live up to his ( world building) hype and add even more things into the story....possibly even tired of the same story.

Without these factors, I bet Oda could be an excellent writer....as he shown thus far with pre timeskip. But I'm not gonna stand here and lie, saying current OP is good. Because it really isnt....
It’s pretty much the same but with a bigger scope.

Great writer with great flaws.

What's the same ?
It’s melodramatic tones, the way he puts together dramatic and comical scenes, the weirdness of his characters, the very structure of his arc (Exploration- Mysteries - Unfolding the mysteries- Flashback and then climax), World building (Strawhats adventure and world events moving forward together and sometimes interlacing).
Pretty much everything.
The real changes are quantitative (more and more important secondary characters, bigger attention to the lore, less fights), but written in the same way.

Oda will always have a place in my heart; that means he left something in me for life.

That doesn't happen when what you read isn't worth such relevance.

Definitely. One Piece is an extremely long and thought out story, with Oda planning a lot of events years ahead and with a lot of subtle details. He said he knew how One Piece will end since chapter 1. Try and create such a vast story yourself.

I also used to think pre-ts arc climaxes is usually stronger then post ts.... but then wci got animated,
soul pocus ending is easily on par with the golden bell or the x frendship mark.
god damn wci was kino

I think a lot of people are mixing anime with manga. They blame shitty slow paced anime on Oda writing.
wci is the perfect big arc pacing for me.
dresrosa sometimes slogs, and wano currently blitz through things, although it doesnt really affect my enjoyment

I firmly believe he is without a doubt the best mangaka and one of the best storyteller ever in general. He has flaws as is every human but when one counts what he has done so far and still do for over 20 years is remarkable and not many can do.

The reason why some people might feel he's not is because their taste changed not the quality of Oda's writing, also there are others who had theire own expecatation for a character or curtain events which wasn't met so they got dissapointed and feel like what they got was a bad writing (which is not how good or bad writing is measured)

For me Oda and Togashi are untouchable when comes to Manga.

Good.
Lol we are hundered years younger to criticise Oda as bad writer when we haven't written any single piece of art lol. Oda's Onepiece continues to be one of the best selling Mangas even after 20 years, so he indeed counts as Good writer. And that itself shouldn't be up for discussion.

But, if he is one of the Best writers? than i personally don't think so. I think his writing has many flaws, and i dont look fwd to Onepiece chapters as much as i used to in the past. So i think many are better than him presently.
Nobody needs to be a writter to criticize a writter.

OT : Of course he is a good writter and an awesome Mangaka. He has good dialogues, good stories, and was able to keep going at it for 20 years without losing much of its qualities (I do agree the quality seemed to have dropped)

But there's also lot's of flaws. And why was Fishman Island so fucking damn big..

I cant be asked arguing in a subject im not interested in. After Oda constitently written some shitty writing post timeskip, you expect me to give you the time of day to damage control.

No thanks. Move on with your day and debate with someone who acc gives a fuck.
Pretending to not being interested (in something you dedicated years to criticise!) is the equivalent of hiding under your pinkie.