General & Others Oda is a good or bad writer?

I would list him as Tolekins of japan . If he had never been mangaka perhaps he would have been great novelist because i like how he keeps thing simple and complex at times . The plot of One piece is more than a pirate -marine war oda also points the one piece world has undelying racism , elitistism , slavery and there are good and bad people exist on both side of spectrum .

Oda def made me like charactr such as Lucci , Enel , Doffy who are not just stereotype bad guys but they have ultimate reason that lead them to become one because they saw the world differently .

He is a good writer seeing from the past arcs , the characters he write which we love and stan but my problem with one piece is :

Series is running for a long time , most cases the work will decrease in quality, things become repeated, plots , characters etc , also the last arcs (WCI , Wano or post time-skip ) aren't on the level of the great arcs before so it's more like writing become bad not the author himself is bad

OP could have ended at its peak and it would be better overall but yea money and dragging is what made it this way
And lose the quality

Yes, Oda's a good author. You don't climb your way to the top spot for years, gain a global (and consistent) following without a modicum of skill. Despite being disappointed weekly by Oda's most recent releases, it'd be silly of me to deny that he's had way more hits than misses. We have plenty of good arcs, East Blue as a whole, Alabasta, Skypeia, Water 7 and Ennis Lobby, the Summit War Saga and even Dressrosa wasn't that bad.

The question should probably be reshuffled as; Is Oda still as good an author as he once was? Which, I'll easily say no. Plenty of favorite characters feel shallow the further we get in the manga. Generally less crew interaction and I find his attempts to push new, integral characters each arc to be horribly lazy (O'Tama and Oden are my main examples). He's still just as creative, if not more so, but it feels like he has less focus now and the much larger cast of characters is getting the best of him.

We meander around characters like Urameshi who I doubt will play major roles in Wano's climax—best I can see is discovering his courage to help O'Kiku—but then someone like Toki is side lined for an entire flashback based around her husband's adventures. We have many interesting characters to hit on and see how the alliance is pushing to liberate Wano, but instead we get our second Luffy training arc within 60 chapters (the only two training arcs Luffy's ever had, to boot!).

That's not to say Oda's horrible and everything he does is shit, or he forgot how to write. Any time Reverie or the interval chapters between the Wano Acts come up, I'm pretty stoked to see what else is going on.

I would list him as Tolekins of japan . If he had never been mangaka perhaps he would have been great novelist because i like how he keeps thing simple and complex at times . The plot of One piece is more than a pirate -marine war oda also points the one piece world has undelying racism , elitistism , slavery and there are good and bad people exist on both side of spectrum .
If you want to praise Oda for developing a story with a multilayered conflict then comparing him to Tolkien is a bit strange considering that, while Tolkien is a great writer, the conflict in The Lord of the Rings was undoubtedly one of Good vs Evil which is not multilayered at all.