Character Discussion Oda made a mistake when he created Akainu

He literally can't contain someone of this caliber in his shitty manga. He has no idea how to implement this character in his series and decided to keep him outta heat until the time comes for multiple character to gank his ass or Goofy obtains some godly power.

He'll still have to nerf the dude because there's no other way around it. Imagine Akainu met Rayleigh instead of Kizaru, the old man would literally be toast now lmao

How else would you control a character who fought with an army of competent commanders and 1 warlord, while still majorly holding back not to destroy the island, and he still did a number on them, and that's even after casually fucking up Whitebeard after he snuck him

Literally the worst choice Oda did is creating an actual good character

Akainu and greenbull are literally screaming they are not normal character or fan service.
‘Greenbull would better off living warhammer 40k universe and would call this place as heaven . literally fit his mindset/viewpoint.

‘’Akainu justice is never new in real history or fiction universe where mass killing solve the problem
Akainu would be called as savior of humanity for killing entire alien species who tried to kill humans in other media like Alien (1979).

Edit:

Now in battle Akainu feats as so good in pre-timeskip standards. He solo Whitebeard commanders and making them flee after they claim to protect Luffy which they fail miserably.
‘Luffy love to break people spirt and destroy their dream . Literally mocking their dream. Akainu return karma justice to luffy and give him x mark scar .

Oda don’t want Akainu to goes rampage on timeskip it tame his beast which he is on desk job . Kuzan is fighting pirates more than Akainu on timeskip.
Oda use fleet admrial position to prevent Akainu to have rampage himself .

Last edited:
Tbh, if oda messes up Blackbeard and Akainu, I will fuckin riot
God knows what he's doing with Teach but gotta admit that although I like the fatso he hasn't been up to the task lately, and I'm not talking powerlevels but as a character. The old Teach would laugh in the face of death and call it fate, his scene with Rayleigh was seriously uncalled for. He could've hyped him in various other ways but then again this is an incompetent writer we're takking about, somehow only the "good" guys get to shine like this mostly.

I doubt there's anything to fuck up about Akainu though his character is kinda straight forward

Reborn

Throughout Heaven & Earth,I alone am d Honored One
God knows what he's doing with Teach but gotta admit that although I like the fatso he hasn't been up to the task lately, and I'm not talking powerlevels but as a character. The old Teach would laugh at the face of death and call it fate, his scene with Rayleigh was seriously uncalled for. He could've hyped him in various other ways but then again this is an incompetent writer we're takking about, somehow only the "good" guys get to shine like this mostly.

I doubt there's anything to fuck up about Akainu though his character is kinda straight forward
As far as Rayleigh episode is concerned then yeah oda fucked up. There was absolutely no reason to make BB retreat against someone like old Rayleigh or he shouldn't have made make his move.

But prior to this episode, BB lived upto his portrayal as character.

Even against law, BB came out with better portrayal against someone like law.

My only concern is oda is consistently delaying BB instead of fleshing him more and hyping him more as PK level opponent.

BB along with Akainu are the only antagonists who actually dealt some sort of private scars to luffy. They are the only ones who actually share bad blood with luffy.

BB goes beyond that as well for his parallel growth along side luffy and him being polar opposite to luffy.

So, oda not fleshing BB as a character or still making him retreat kind of leave sour taste but I do feel or you can say I am kind of optimistic that oda will deliver on 3 characters for sure - BB , Akainu and Shanks

He literally can't contain someone of this caliber in his shitty manga. He has no idea how to implement this character in his series and decided to keep him outta heat until the time comes for multiple character to gank his ass or Goofy obtains some godly power.

He'll still have to nerf the dude because there's no other way around it. Imagine Akainu met Rayleigh instead of Kizaru, the old man would literally be toast now lmao

How else would you control a character who fought with an army of competent commanders and 1 warlord, while still majorly holding back not to destroy the island, and he still did a number on them, and that's even after casually fucking up Whitebeard after he snuck him

I agree that it would have been lethal if he was the one that met the Straw Hats but even Curiel survived a brutal attack from him, same for Jinbe, so I don't know..
I still think old Rayleigh would have stopped him though.
It was noted that Kizaru was angry as fuck when he failed his mission after Rayleigh held him back and Kuma saved the Straw Hats.

God knows what he's doing with Teach but gotta admit that although I like the fatso he hasn't been up to the task lately, and I'm not talking powerlevels but as a character. The old Teach would laugh in the face of death and call it fate, his scene with Rayleigh was seriously uncalled for. He could've hyped him in various other ways but then again this is an incompetent writer we're takking about, somehow only the "good" guys get to shine like this mostly.

BB with 2 fruits and his entire crew ran from Akainu and a fleet of fodder

I don't think running from Rayleigh is out of character for him... especially since he knows what a Prime Rayleigh looked like

If Rayleigh met Akainu, he will just get the same treatment. Whitebeard 2 shotted him and Garp said they cant handle 2 legends... that means Rayleigh will also 2 shot Akainu.

Besides, he barely fought Curiel and had to go bloolusted to accomplish it, then Shanks comes and stops him with a casual block.

If the light speed man couldn’t land a hit on Old Ray, why would Akainu?