Chapter Discussion Oda not only ruined Nami’s 1v1 this arc, but he also ruined her fighting style in the span of half a chapter.

Did Oda ruin Nami’s fighting style and 1v1 this arc?

• Total voters
Not only is Nami’s climatact alive now

Not only does Nami not have to do anything to attack anymore...

Not only was Ulti nerfed due to Big Mom clownery...

But the fact that this fight was over in half a chapter without Nami even doing anything is absolutely abysmal

I’m curious, is anyone actually ok with this? Even is Ulti is ok after this attack, this will be the third time Oda take KO’d her, so either way it’s gonna be trash.
Welcome to Sanji's club.
:cheers:

S

Shepherd

He ruined Sanji more. Pre timeskip Sanji used to do what the Vinsmoke brothers manage to do, with the help of their technology. Sky Walk, producing fire, being so fast, etc.
But right now Sanji is reduced to be using the same technology as his brothers. Would be better if he goes "invisible" not because of Raid Suit but because of his overwhelming speed.
Well, we will see. So far Sanji has only used the RS in times where he ABSOLUTELY NEEDS it, such as disguising himself against P1 and using the invisibility to sneak and grab Momo.

Currently, with Queen he is not using the RS and likely will not unless things get really bad.

"nAmI's OnE oN oNe SkIlLs"

What a dumb thing to argue about. You realize in literally 100 volumes, that describes two whole situations? Nami is not a fighter, she's a navigator. Arguably the best in the series by far, if not the only one we even know. She's also an excellent thief which is the basis of her ephitet.

Fighting style? Survival, any means necessary. She'd gotten by alone for years without any real strength as we saw over 1000 chapters ago. Maybe she has 1/5th of Jinbe's experience at sea but she's managed that with 1% of his strength. Couldn't even hit that one clown back when Luffy was in front of that cannon. Yet she came face to face with a guy who easily knocked out Zoro Sanji, and Robin and came away flawless herself. Pinched the same amount of money Luffy was worth from beating a Shichibukai before she was even an official member of the crew. And Luffy's as close to her style as he is Zoro's, given his tendency to run or straight up use HER help like with Buggy, Ener, and Cracker.

The Ulti situation... she was getting chased and beaten for quite a while after Big Mom had already taken her best weapon. She refused to back down twice, the second time even after Big Mom made it clear that she was gonna take them all. If you ignore guts then it all came down to luck, but again Nami's purpose is survival so what matters is that she's still standing.

If you've read so much of this series and talk about dumb shit like each character lining up with enemy crews because that's how it worked in Alabasta, I don't know what to tell you. Go watch DBS

S

Shepherd

"nAmI's OnE oN oNe SkIlLs"

What a dumb thing to argue about. You realize in literally 100 volumes, that describes two whole situations? Nami is not a fighter, she's a navigator. Arguably the best in the series by far, if not the only one we even know. She's also an excellent thief which is the basis of her ephitet.

Fighting style? Survival, any means necessary. She'd gotten by alone for years without any real strength as we saw over 1000 chapters ago. Maybe she has 1/5th of Jinbe's experience at sea but she's managed that with 1% of his strength. Couldn't even hit that one clown back when Luffy was in front of that cannon. Yet she came face to face with a guy who easily knocked out Zoro Sanji, and Robin and came away flawless herself. Pinched the same amount of money Luffy was worth from beating a Shichibukai before she was even an official member of the crew. And Luffy's as close to her style as he is Zoro's, given his tendency to run or straight up use HER help like with Buggy, Ener, and Cracker.

The Ulti situation... she was getting chased and beaten for quite a while after Big Mom had already taken her best weapon. She refused to back down twice, the second time even after Big Mom made it clear that she was gonna take them all. If you ignore guts then it all came down to luck, but again Nami's purpose is survival so what matters is that she's still standing.

If you've read so much of this series and talk about dumb shit like each character lining up with enemy crews because that's how it worked in Alabasta, I don't know what to tell you. Go watch DBS
Great comment & reply, I agree with Nami being an any-means-necessary sort of character in the rare occasion that she does get into a fight. Nami earned her W even if it was not alone.

At least give Usopp nerfed Page One. I get that Usopp and Nami are "gadget fighters," but at least give them support (i.e., Shinobu) who aren't Yonkou-level. I just hope Oda doesn't do the other Straw Hat fights dirty.
P1 is getting up later. I think P1 will go into a rage so insane that it will make Ulti’s outbursts look calm when he sees his sister defeated and heavily injured

Very Underwhelming fight but on the ruined fighting style I disagree, the opposite for me. I see a lot potential possible. This one Zeus did all the work because the point was to showcase its abilities but the tact being able to alter its shape and Zeus transfering iself into what Nami produce with the tact could be devastating once she gets used to it.