Current Events Oda reinforces the suspicion that WG war is not the finale

What is manga's finale?

• Battle for One Piece

• Battle for World governance

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'π–˜ π•Ύπ–•π–†π–œπ–“
β€Ž
Many said it already but the marine don't fit in the current narrativedespite being extremely represented in the panel. What could possibly make them go as a whole against the sh? For them to make a move on the strawhat which would insert them in the narrative, the status quo needs to be broken hence why the WG has to fall. WG gets defeated and their poneglyph get stolen=the marines need to destroy the sh. I put BBp before them purely because of match up, pizzaro and shilliew<<<<<<<<<admirals.
..... the Marines are the primary force of the World Government. How on earth would the WG get destroyed while the Marines are still a completely functional organization?
WG or BBPs. These are the only two choices for endgame villain. Its pretty obvious.
those are the last two choices for a group

but i think there's a good chance we'll see a Sea Devil/Devil boss after Imu/Blackbeard as Luffy's final fight.

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
If you actually think BBp are fit to be last opponent I don't know what to tell you, I just think I leave it at that because goddamn...:risitavirus:
What faction is more fitting to be the final opponents?

A: A crew lead by Evil Luffy, with evil parallels to all the straw hats. The captain of the crew has an admiral as a subordinate for the time, and has an interest in the true history, and is tied to Rocks, one of the most relevant and mysterious characters. The captain has also been built up throughout the story

B: A faction that consists of 3 major characters, one of whom is a literal clown in every sense of the word. The other lost to pre time skip Luffy and was an ally in his last major appearance. The only one whos eos material as an opponent is Mihawk, who clearly has no ties to the bigger picture of the OP world and lore.

What faction is more fitting to be the final opponents?

A: A crew lead by Evil Luffy, with evil parallels to all the straw hats. The captain of the crew has an admiral as a subordinate for the time, and has an interest in the true history, and is tied to Rocks, one of the most relevant and mysterious characters. The captain has also been built up throughout the story

B: A faction that consists of 3 major characters, one of whom is a literal clown in every sense of the word. The other lost to pre time skip Luffy and was an ally in his last major appearance. The only one whos eos material as an opponent is Mihawk, who clearly has no ties to the bigger picture of the OP world and lore.
Bro shilliew got flat out humiliated by old garp, none of those guys are top tier, yes it might be shocking to you but power do hold a weight in your chance at being someone last opponent.

TheKnightOfTheSea

β€Ž
power do hold a weight in your chance at being someone last opponent.
you aren't wrong. that's why the WG is the final opponents since they have more top tiers than the BBPs and the Cross Guild and the Red Hair Pirates combined

but my point is the BBPs are far more likely to be the last opponents than Cross Guild

I would remind everyone to read the manga, especially about CGs fighting power
Just a reminder when Hardujin and the giant left, buggy said "the biggest heavy hitters" quit
:josad:
Even if you are extremely delusional and think Mihawk is above imu or something, mihawk is just still there to get knocked over by zori, as in 1 (one) strawhat will be used to handle him :willight:

you aren't wrong. that's why the WG is the final opponents since they have more top tiers than the BBPs and the Cross Guild and the Red Hair Pirates combined

but my point is the BBPs are far more likely to be the last opponents than Cross Guild
You just said they are not fit, you have to be consistent at some point.
Personally I think the wg will lose to the sheer pressure of being attacked by all sides and BB will get Uranus. The sh will have Poseidon and cross guild will have pluton for utopia. The thing is cg not only make sense power wise but narratively wise too. They are many parallels between Sanji and crocodile for example, there is a clear David vs Goliath set up between usopp and weevil who both love their dads despite their absence. Goofy and buggy are clowns, they grew in ranks together and buggy is lil bro'ing Luffy in bounty just like shanks with blackbeard. That's my take if you don't see it, well only time will tell us.
Post automatically merged:

But Kuzan the so called "Akainu's equal" didn't when he got blitzed helplessly twice by Garp??

If the so called Akainu's equal was made to look like that, what exactly is the issue with what happened to Shiryuu? Garp did the something to him earlier and after.
I got baited by the vip tag, you re actually not serious at all:endthis:

Are you denying Kuzan getting blitzed twice by Garp? Lol.

You're the one pretending like Shiryuu got low-diffd or sum. When he got back up just like Kuzan did after the 1st blitz by Garp.
Garp send kuzan through kilometers of concrete with acoc while on the other hand he slammed the impel down janitor on the ground and called it a day. Just on a pure visual standpoint, the comparison do not even make sense:saden:

Garp send kuzan through kilometers of concrete with acoc while on the other hand he slammed the impel down janitor on the ground and called it a day. Just on a pure visual standpoint, the comparison do not even make sense:saden:
- Garp was meters away
- Garp broke out of the Ice Ball
- Garp proceeded to blitz Kuzan

Kuzan who saw Garp break out of the Ice Ball, then run at him couldn't react to him...

Yes I'm sure Garp slamming Shiryuu when they're next to each other, while assuming he had gotten Garp good with the stab...is way more embarrassing than not being able to react to Garp running right at you after breaking your attack.

Point being Garp embarrassed the so called Akainu's equal... why is him embarrassing Shiryuu a negative? Lol

- Garp was meters away
- Garp broke out of the Ice Ball
- Garp proceeded to blitz Kuzan

Kuzan who saw Garp break out of the Ice Ball, then run at him couldn't react to him...

Yes I'm sure Garp slamming Shiryuu when they're next to each other is way more embarrassing than not being able to react to Garp running right at you after breaking your attack.
Not only are you ignoring context but you re also ignoring just about every point I made

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
β€Ž
they literally chose Akainu because he's the best cog that represents the Gorosei's purposes the best.
Actually, I think he has a point... @Warine I never thought about Marines coming after World Government...
Akainu doesn't like to be bossed around and treated the way Elders treat him.
He cant wait to disobey and go against them. The only question is what will push him to do that.

If Marines go against World Gov, they are definitely an obstacle after WG.
After all, the most important factions/figures have all been introduced in East Blue.
Shanks, Buggy, Mihawk, Dragon, Coby and Smoker. Dragon is the only one who isn't in the PK race.

Ok extremely terrible take that just goes against what manga already told us and it does not even has any narrative sense to begin with .

1. Straw hats are currently on their way to laugh tale, race for one piece already started. Key word here is RACE . Do you expect them to simply turn around, go back to red line, beat WG and then go cover same road once again to reach laugh tale.

2. Those who find One Piece will learn about true history of the world , that will include deeds WG did . Do you really expect Straw hats to beat WG first and only then learn their history and all bad things they did ???

3. Vegapunk words :

" The fate of the world now rests in the hands of the one who finds it. The person who lay claim to the one piece ".

Unless your IQ is lower than room temperature its clear final events will happen after one piece is found. Will one who finds one piece use that power / weapon / knowledge for good or for bad , thats why fate of world depends on that.

4. Not sure if you memory is so short but for me WHitebeard words were pretty clear :

" Sengoku . You and the government know what’s coming. A war that will embroil the seas far and wide. That’s why you’re so afraid. Though nothing you do will stop it. I’ve no interest in it my self, but someday that treasure will turn this world upside down. You know what I’m talking about… And I’m sure someone will find it. Whether you like it or not that day will come soon… THE ONE PIECE!!! THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!!!!

- Treasure that will turn the world upside down .

- Thats why you are so afraid .

If WG is already defeated and their reign is over why would they fear if someone would find one piece anymore , If you beat WG you already turned entire world and 800 years of it history upside down you no longer need One piece for that.

Terrible braindead take to be honest.

Next to the fact that the whole story leads more and more to an obvious final war arc against the WG (Imu, God knights, Seraphims, Uranus usage, Flood plot, Lore drops, Joyboy call outs, the treasure being a useable thing, Luffy's true dream...), it's easy to explain why the Strawhats are not invested into the world saving-plot yet:
Their reality is still heavily centered around the PK race, even though the story started to break away from that. They are not yet actively involved in the anti- WG/World-saving plot. It's really just that.

That will change a lot, when the water levels will start to rise more and more and they will notice themselves and when they get into possible exchanges with factions, who are heavily mentally involved in that plot and/or have knowledge of the greater lore: Shanks, Sabo, Vivi, Kuzan, Sword members, Elbaf giants, Saul...
The Strawhats' interest and involvement will then start to grow and it will peak on Raftel, when they get to know the true history and get their hands on the treasure, that's likely even needed for the grand finale.

Need to keep in mind that Joyboy vs Imu, World's freedom vs oppression, back to one continent vs further flooding, Red Line vs no Red line etc. all heavily bolstered by future, major lore drops is thematically outshining every opposing ideals and themes you can come up with for a Luffy vs Blackbeard fight.

Add that the Anti-WG plot within the Marines still has not even started yet officially. Akainu even seemed to know what VP was talking about. And the Sword agenda plot still has to evolve much further. Right now they have not infiltrated or betrayed anything or anyone.
Thus the WG still seems safe from internal conflict and therefore also won't get seriously threatened anytime soon.

Imo most of their manpower will still remain after the PK race. They have Imu, 5 Gorosei, 7 Seraphims, 9(+) God knights, Uranus and still the support of the Marines. Not one of the other major factions alone can do shit to them, so it first and foremost has to come to a point, where a massive union gets formed, that actively wants their asses.
That's not happening, when BB is in to take the spotlight next and the One Piece wasn't even found yet.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
β€Ž
Ok extremely terrible take that just goes against what manga already told us and it does not even has any narrative sense to begin with .

1. Straw hats are currently on their way to laugh tale, race for one piece already started. Key word here is RACE . Do you expect them to simply turn around, go back to red line, beat WG and then go cover same road once again to reach laugh tale.

2. Those who find One Piece will learn about true history of the world , that will include deeds WG did . Do you really expect Straw hats to beat WG first and only then learn their history and all bad things they did ???

3. Vegapunk words :

" The fate of the world now rests in the hands of the one who finds it. The person who lay claim to the one piece ".

Unless your IQ is lower than room temperature its clear final events will happen after one piece is found. Will one who finds one piece use that power / weapon / knowledge for good or for bad , thats why fate of world depends on that.

4. Not sure if you memory is so short but for me WHitebeard words were pretty clear :

" Sengoku . You and the government know what’s coming. A war that will embroil the seas far and wide. That’s why you’re so afraid. Though nothing you do will stop it. I’ve no interest in it my self, but someday that treasure will turn this world upside down. You know what I’m talking about… And I’m sure someone will find it. Whether you like it or not that day will come soon… THE ONE PIECE!!! THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!!!!

- Treasure that will turn the world upside down .

- Thats why you are so afraid .

If WG is already defeated and their reign is over why would they fear if someone would find one piece anymore , If you beat WG you already turned entire world and 800 years of it history upside down you no longer need One piece for that.

Terrible braindead take to be honest.
Oda: The story has always been about overcoming the 4 Emperors.
Where exactly in here is any mention of World Government?

1. Isnt that exactly what Roger did too? Circled it again to find OP. SHs can do the same, don't worry it will be offpaneled.
2. All that is required for WG to come first is for them to capture Luffy's friend and he will storm there instantly, we saw this with Vivi.
3. This doesn't have to be about WG/Imu but about a secret hidden final villain who will appear. Never crossed your mind?
4. You forget who WG's primary antagonist is... It is not Luffy, it is Dragon, the most dangerous criminal. And he will move against WG without One Piece, he isn't even looking for it.

After Elbaf we will know if my take is braindead or my FS is just that good...
thematically outshining every opposing ideals and themes you can come up with for a Luffy vs Blackbeard fight.
I don't think Blackbeard is finale either but does come after WG.