Character Discussion Oda Respects Rob Lucci A LOT

Now that Lucci is fighting Zoro he's comparable to Kizaru

It keeps getting better

:risiup:
Come on man, stop trolling. It has nothing tk do with Zoro and everything to do with the fact that the Kizaru vs Luffy fight ended, thus leaving metrics to compare since both Lucci and Kizaru had a go at Luffy.

Lucci is not comparable "because it benefits the Zoro agenda", Lucci is comparable because he literally traded blows with G5 Luffy and did take a CoC imbued hit, just like Kizaru.

Just because a bunch of Zoro agendaling clowns claim pre-TS Zoro is top tier, you are going to take down Lucci to cope? You're giving more power to the Zoro agendalings than they bring to themselves!

Now that Lucci is fighting Zoro he's comparable to Kizaru

It keeps getting better

:risiup:
dont blame zorofans its not us who made lucci outperform kizaru and had lucci put himself in the same sentence as kizaru. we arent going to disregard something so interesting. still kizaru is stronger and thing can change completely if he show awakening.

dont blame zorofans its not us who made lucci outperform kizaru and had lucci put himself in the same sentence as kizaru. we arent going to disregard something so interesting. still kizaru is stronger and thing can change completely if he show awakening.
Lucci outperformed Kizaru based on... what?

CoA G5 Luffy trolldiffed Lucci

He violated him in every direct clash they had and then got knocked out with a non ACoC attack

Explain how Lucci outperformed Kizaru
Post automatically merged:

Come on man, stop trolling. It has nothing tk do with Zoro and everything to do with the fact that the Kizaru vs Luffy fight ended, thus leaving metrics to compare since both Lucci and Kizaru had a go at Luffy.
There are no metrics to compare them

Kizaru performed better than Lucci in every way possible, forcing Luffy to use an ACoC named attack to put him down temporarily

Lucci is not comparable "because it benefits the Zoro agenda", Lucci is comparable because he literally traded blows with G5 Luffy and did take a CoC imbued hit, just like Kizaru.
When did he take a CoC imbued hit?

Just because a bunch of Zoro agendaling clowns claim pre-TS Zoro is top tier, you are going to take down Lucci to cope? You're giving more power to the Zoro agendalings than they bring to themselves!
I'm not taking down Lucci to cope, I'm bringing Lucci down because of what's shown to me in the manga

Lucci did not perform better than Kizaru at all

If you wanna explain how they're comparable then feel free but as of right now I'm not seeing it

He violated him in every direct clash they had and then got knocked out with a non ACoC attack

Kizaru performed better than Lucci in every way possible, forcing Luffy to use an ACoC named attack to put him down temporarily

I'm not taking down Lucci to cope, I'm bringing Lucci down because of what's shown to me in the manga

If you wanna explain how they're comparable then feel free but as of right now I'm not seeing it
Based on manga lucci ouperformed kizaru, you can call it bad writing as it shit on admirals portrayal but to straight deny it is copium. lucci outperformed kizaru against g5 luffy, one shotted sentomaru, and eliminated a traitor stussy.

Based on manga lucci ouperformed kizaru, you can call it bad writing as it shit on admirals portrayal but to straight deny it is copium. lucci outperformed kizaru against g5 luffy, one shotted sentomaru, and eliminated a traitor stussy.
You're not explaining how he outperformed him you're just saying he did

What did Lucci do in the fight that leads you (and other Lucci/Zoro fans) to believe that he's comparable to Kizaru

So you are aguing mole pistol was CoA, and by extension taking the "My conciousness is fading" comment as a kickback to Water Seven Luffy htting Lucci with Gigant Pistol.

So let me say this then, can you prove that view? Can you present evidence that Mole pistol was CoA and NOT CoC?

It never occurred to you "My conciousness is fading" was a possibly double reference, also pointing the use of CoC in the attack?

Saying this when literally just one arc ago (Wano) Luffy learned to do CoC coating, and CoC coating is uniquely noted for affecting the conciousness of the target? (I.e. Kaidou thunder bagua against G4 Luffy in the first encounter)

I think mole pistol was probably CoC, and I do not believe for even a microswcond that I myself am dumb, incompetent or stupid for thinking that.

As for Luffy "trolling Lucci", lets not even talk about the fist bump but focus on the snooze-dodging panel, since that one is better for your agenda than the fistbump.

What did Luffy say when Kaidou dodged his Red Roc?

"Why are you dodging, Kaidou? Must be because the attack hurts!"

So let me pose Luffy's own question to his fanboys.

Why is Luffy using future sight to dodge Lucci's shigan attacks?

Must be because they hurt.

Let me ask Admiral agenda fans now.

Why is Kizaru blocking or evading Luffy's attacks? Must be because they hurt.

Why was injured Sentoumaru able to mitigate some of Kizaru's attacks, but Lucci practically one shotted him, through his so called "best defense".

Oh, and one more thing for you Admiral agenda and Kizaru boys.

If Luffy's crew was as unoccupied as when Lucci attacked - Kizaru being unable to move for a while - he might well have ended up captured just like Lucci, since he was left vulnerable just like Luffy.

Last edited:
You're not explaining how he outperformed him you're just saying he did

What did Lucci do in the fight that leads you (and other Lucci/Zoro fans) to believe that he's comparable to Kizaru
if you cant see that lucci one shotted sentomaru while kizaru needed an extended fight to win, amd that lucci clashed evenly with gear 5 a feat kizaru doesnt have, tanked 3 named attack while kizaru was one shot then there is nothing that can be done to help you here.

if you cant see that lucci one shotted sentomaru while kizaru needed an extended fight to win, amd that lucci clashed evenly with gear 5 a feat kizaru doesnt have, tanked 3 named attack while kizaru was one shot then there is nothing that can be done to help you here.
Sentomaru has nothing to do with the fight, next

Lucci clashed evenly with CoA G5 Luffy, next

Lucci tanked 3 (using the term tanked loosely here, he was knocked out) non ACoC attacks with one of the 3 not even coming directly from Luffy but from the ground, next

Lucci did 0 damage, didn’t tire him out (while G5 was active), and failed to pressure him a single time during the fight

Point still has not been proven, no reason to continue unless you come with something new

So you are aguing mole pistol was CoA, and by extension taking the "My conciousness is fading" comment as a kickback to Water Seven Luffy htting Lucci with Gigant Pistol.

So let me say this then, can you prove that view? Can you present evidence that Mole pistol was CoA and NOT CoC?

It never occurred to you "My conciousness is fading" was a possibly double reference, also pointing the use of CoC in the attack?

Saying this when literally just one arc ago (Wano) Luffy learned to do CoC coating, and CoC coating is uniquely noted for affecting the conciousness of the target? (I.e. Kaidou thunder bagua against G4 Luffy in the first encounter)

I think mole pistol was probably CoC, and I do not believe for even a microswcond that I myself am dumb, incompetent or stupid for thinking that.

As for Luffy "trolling Lucci", lets not even talk about the fist bump but focus on the snooze-dodging panel, since that one is better for your agenda than the fistbump.

What did Luffy say when Kaidou dodged his Red Roc?

"Why are you dodging, Kaidou? Must be because the attack hurts!"

So let me pose Luffy's own question to his fanboys.

Why is Luffy using future sight to dodge Lucci's shigan attacks?

Must be because they hurt.

Let me ask Admiral agenda fans now.

Why is Kizaru blocking or evading Luffy's attacks? Must be because they hurt.

Why was injured Sentoumaru able to mitigate some of Kizaru's attacks, but Lucci practically one shotted him, through his so called "best defense".

Oh, and one more thing for you Admiral agenda and Kizaru boys.

If Luffy's crew was as unoccupied as when Lucci attacked - Kizaru being unable to move for a while - he might well have ended up captured just like Lucci, since he was left vulnerable just like Luffy.
You’re coming with fairly interesting points that I think warrant a full discussion but I’m occupied right now

I’ll respond in a bit if you’re willing to continue

C

CensoredbyWG

That is because Lucci genuinely did have a better showing than them.

Fujitora was commenting praising Dress Rosa Zoro's slash power - current Zoro is significantly stronger than back then.

He battled dropped meteors that were pretty easily handled by Dress Rosa Law.

He blocked Dress Rosa Luffy's g2 and g3 attacks which is scarcely a fear.- if that makes Fujitora impressive, then Katakuri is far above admiral level.

By what metric can you pin Fujitora as a top tier character?

And now, lets talk about Green Bull. Despite the delusional fantasy of some with their imagination that he fought a healthy King and Queen 2v1 and low diffed them - the actual reality is that he fought an injured King who literally had a wing cut off by Zoro, and a Queen who had been bludgeoned and knocked into the stratosphere.

You really think those two were in good shape, and that this comes off as a feat? Of course not.

But then Green Bull openly admitted Kaidou scared him, and fled from Shank's crew.

Not even Luffy allowed Kaidou to intimidate him into hiding in some cozy HQ, only to be dispatched to pick off such low hanging fruit as rookies and post-battle wounded men.

In the battle with the Revos, Dragon's men accomplished their goals in Mariejois unhindered by the 2 admirals. They were barely an inconvenience - Kuma was successfully retrieved. That is not all, they literally exceeded their goal since Sabo got intel on Imu as a bonus.

Compare this to Lucci who was trading blows with a version of Luffy that Kaidou himself recognized as a worthy enemy. Admiral level, whatever the hell that is, is not just determined by Akainu, Kizaru and Aokiji. Fujitora and Green Bull are admirals too. Unfortunately for the admiral agenda, their ship has a purple and green anchor holding it down.

Akainu and Kizaru have impressive showings to be sure, but Fujitora and Green Bull not so much. Moreover, looking at Kizaru vs Luffy, Kizaru does not really seem superior to Lucci at all.
Fujitora was literally not trying at all lol.

Weevil negged the whole alliance + two commanders + one shichibukai.

Lucci got destroyed by gear 5, his only good showing is forcing zoro to use KoH which isnt that impressive since everyone knows zoro is overrated to the moon and NOT a top tier.

Kizaru was clearly pulling his punches and avoiding to kill sentomaru while lucci went straight for the kill, lucci was done after fighting CoA gear 5, kizaru lost to ACoC new gear 5 skill, they are not comparable at all.

Na, thread will age well if there is something I learned with oda its that one should be carefull with former antagonist , as for kizaru its clear that his performance was pathetic overwise no one will be comparing him to lucci in the first place. He can still be redeemed if he had awakening but since aokiji didnt show it in hashinosu the chance of it is very low. .
Only time will tell. :hope:

Not a surprisd loda had a high esteem for pre TS villains specially grand line and buggy problem with lucci imo is unlike the other villains he doesn’t have any goal his only purpose is being wg dog and kill this makes his character trash

Gorosei vs Atlas

Ineffective attack that can't stop a kid

Get caught by crippled kid

More blah blah blah blah

Result:

Wait... I can't see any brain.. Is his head always empty?

Lucci vs Atlas

Kid's gone in seconds.

Can't deny this, Lucci dealt with Atlas far more effectively than the Gorosei.
@Sentinel @JoNdule @Kizaruber Eats @SakazOuki @Buusatan94
100% man, Lucci is pure primal instinct but cunning too. He's no nonsense, brutal, straight to the point. The most competent agent of the WG except maybe Akainu.

An Awakened Form Rokugan would have probably wiped out Atlas there and then surely too.

Lmao at the head always empty part, that would explain a LOT and why they let the Nika fruit get away for 800 years lmfao.

Idk how they didn't capture a single fruit in 800 years nor that fruit be able to be awakened properly in that time too. Makes my mind feel like its gonna blow up like Atlas' lmao sigh.

Sabo and Wapol escaped these guys too. In their full forms and Imu in theirs too presumably. What a clown fiesta and then some.

Just another thing, Lucci barely says anything but has the most impactful, raw panels too. Such an incredibly written and visually depicted character.
Reminds me a lot of Tai Lung in Kung Fu Panda but more stoic and bloodthirsty, less emotionally driven.

Tfw when Kung Fu Panda and even Shrek have better fucking villains than One Piece generally. Death in Puss In Boots 2 was amazing too and Humpty was better than these "eggheads" at Egghead too.

Hancock was such a compelling character until she became a massive Luffy simp too and started acting around half her age at best.

Last edited:
I absolutely hate how Oda buffed Lucci, but not gonna lie his performance is insane.
Why though? In real life it’s common that rival athletes in say Tennis meet at age 18 in a youth final and then they meet again as full professionals at age 27, both usually much stronger at 27.

I really enjoyed Golden Frieza in DBS, why wouldnt he be able to progress like the protagonists?