Character Discussion Oda's failure with Kaido

As someone said before, kaido is boring, he isnt unique like shanks or whitebeard, just a brute with not much depth. Being a towering overmuscular man with tiny legs makes him look ridiculous as well. Its obvious that his design and character were created by oda very late in the story and he only existed as a plot convenience for luffy to learn adv. haki.
Imo all emperors should be unique characters, definitely not forgettable. Kaido just isnt that or maybe whitebeard and shanks had raised the bar really high. I think it would be better for him not to be introduced as an emperor but as a one man force-calamity roaming in the new world.

Orochi sharing the status of ruler of Wano and antagonist with Kaido, with him being presented as the mastermind of the Beast Pirates and doing or being the reason for most of the Beast Pirates' actions against the Straw Hats and their allies due to his justified paranoia against the Kozuki and Scabbards, while Kaido remains mostly apathetic about them and doing things mostly to keep Orochi content and only deciding that Orochi has outlived his usefulness and to betray him until the big battle also didn't help Kaido's characterization.

Long after One piece ends, people wills still talk about Doflamingo and other good villains of this manga.

People will just remember Kaido as the strong guy of the middle of the story, and thats the greatest issue for a character whose saga was build since Punk Hazard.

Kaido is wayy too simple to live up to the hype of the preparation of 3 arcs plus Wano.

I would exchange Kaido as the warlord subordinate of the Yonko Doflamingo in a heartbeat.

Long after One piece ends, people wills still talk about Doflamingo and other good villains of this manga.

People will just remember Kaido as the strong guy of the middle of the story, and thats the greatest issue for a character whose saga was build since Punk Hazard.

Kaido is wayy too simple to live up to the hype of the preparation of 3 arcs plus Wano.

I would exchange Kaido as the warlord subordinate of the Yonko Doflamingo in a heartbeat.
At least that would make Kaido look lame, While his arc was lame than Dressrosa but he is way stronger than Doffy, Kaido and Doffy power levels is like Ace and Akainu, both Doffy and Ace are YC2's at best but Kaido and Akainu are end tier Yonko's level, like the Yonko level characters IMO are: Fuji, Kizaru, Kong, Prime Rayleigh, Bullet, Shiki, Big Mom, Luffy, Blackbeard, Akainu, Mihawk, Kaido and Gorosei but Oden, Greenbull and Aokiji are end tier admiral's level tho.

At least that would make Kaido look lame, While his arc was lame than Dressrosa but he is way stronger than Doffy, Kaido and Doffy power levels is like Ace and Akainu, both Doffy and Ace are YC2's at best but Kaido and Akainu are end tier Yonko's level, like the Yonko level characters IMO are: Fuji, Kizaru, Kong, Prime Rayleigh, Bullet, Shiki, Big Mom, Luffy, Blackbeard, Akainu, Mihawk, Kaido and Gorosei but Oden, Greenbull and Aokiji are end tier admiral's level tho.
I am not measuring their power levels, just saying that I would change their Narrative purposes.

Kaido can just be a pre-Yonko main villain, a wall for Luffy to defeat, then he would go fight Yonko Doflamingo, who has this connection to the Celestia dragon's/secret treasure and so on

Kaido's backstory wasn't developped and explored enough, with his Oni heritage and past and part as a member of the Rocks Pirates and his relation with his former captain Xebec and crewmates such as Whitebeard or Shiki being largely obscure.
Same as his relations with his crew and especially with his Calamities and Tobbi Roppo, aside from his relation with King and even it could have been explored further, with a lack of numerous and meaningful enough interactions with them.

It's also real BS that he wasn't shown having or using awakening despite how powerful, skilled and experienced he is, but then again Luffy wouldn't have been able of beating him if he did. He also had the doom of being the one to be part of and face that stupid Nika's retcon and awakening.
Not just Kaido but Big Mom and Kizaru also didn't have awakening too, Oda destroyed plot armor for these guys just to make the protagonist Luffy reach the high levels and eventually be PK, that's why I hope Oda stops running the series, but I hope we see their awakening in the new games, I'd have Kaido's awakening that he can summon dragons to fight with him, Big Mom that she has the ability to control her soul or transfer her soul to someone else's body like Brook or something, and Kizaru that he can go invisible and like can clap his hands and sends shockwaves knocking down his opponents along with fireballs and shooting lasers from his body or lasers from the sky and can use explosion.
Post automatically merged:

I am not measuring their power levels, just saying that I would change their Narrative purposes.

Kaido can just be a pre-Yonko main villain, a wall for Luffy to defeat, then he would go fight Yonko Doflamingo, who has this connection to the Celestia dragon's/secret treasure and so on
Well yes I understand what you meant, if you were Oda, you'd make Kaido be the subordinate and be like the Shichibukai and Doffy be the yonko. (But BTW, props to Doffy for knowing that Kaid would've killed him, unlike Ace who oversitimates himself and got himself killed fighting Akainu)

I will also say that Big Mom had the potential to be the best villain of OP, she has depth in spades.

If Oda fused the best parts of BM and Kaido we would had the best villain of OP
She's perhaps the character and antagonist that Oda failed the most, given all the potential she had both in terms of characters and in terms of powers with her titanic physical abilities, haki and devil fruit that's one of the most powerful and versatile in the world; only to be shamelessly clowned and handicaped by Oda who didn't seem to have a clue on what to do with her.

For Kaido it's his personality and backstory that Oda could have clearly developped and expanded on, opportunities that he wasted too.

Yes, which is even worse. Kaku in two years awakening while Kaido hasn't figured it out in 38 years is beyond careless
I hope Kaido returns, him and BM and give both plot armor and make them help Luffy in his final fights with Akainu, BB, Gorosei and Imu-Sama, Shiki and Uta are canon characters, should they return or no? also Uta's powers are non-canon so it's unknown whether she has powers or if she's a normal human, also I feel like Shanks and Fujitora will be the only Yonko and Admiral Luffy won't fight due to their admiration and respect for Luffy.

I still don't think that the Scabbards, at least most of them, should have been able of cutting or piercing Kaido's skin in the first place. Really felt like a devaluation of Kaido's durability with him having been presented as nearly-indestructible before that.

As for Jack, it's another one of the big failures and disappointments of Wano arc to have him fail to have a big role and with his powers and skills being so underdevelopped.
I agree. Kaido's dura was so hyped only for trash scabbards to easily hurt him and negating his dura. Oda doubled down by the shallow damage thing but its still an L.

It was Kaido's endurance which was way more impressive than his dura.

Even Kaido's VA was disappointed and felt betrayed:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piratefolk/comments/18nqmy6

Kaido should have had more than 1 arc like big mom. There's far too much left unresolved and unknown about him.

Such underwhelming "deaths" for 2 of the most important, iconic and strongest characters in the series who ruled half the strongest ocean between them.
Hot damn. Kaido and BM not having awakening but law , kidd , lucci , doffy , Kaku , Kata having them was criminal and beyond fullish.

Commander level characters have awakened DF but not veteran level pirates who have ruled the seas for decades don't.

Kizaruber Eats

Tired of it all.
Exactly, right? that's why I hope Big Mom and Kaido be back, if they'd die, let it be an honorable deaths, not the way it happened to them, and yes even tho both are villians, they deserve honorable deaths like WB but WB is forever GOAT'ed and won't be replaced.
Amen man, I would be extremely happy if they returned. I used to be kinda fed up with them during their arcs but honestly? I really fucking miss them now, they were a lot of fun in their own ways and Kaido deserved far better than what he got from Oda. His crew is by far the funniest which I never expected and as much as I HATE the gifters, it does add some real Island of Dr Moreau style psychological horror and tragedy to his crew and Wano and shows how much of a truly extreme monster Kaido is or even.....*drums of liberation roll*...a @MonsterKaido !
Wororororo, Ill be here all night folks!

:risiup::ihaha::saden::hapnoel:

Seriously though, I had the highest of hypes for Kaido since Thriller Bark at least. Playing through Okami gave immense heaven piercing levels of hype for him and Orochi along with with Kaido's AMAZING intro post Dressrosa and the INSANE implications of what he did.

I'll never forgive Oda for how dirty he did Kaido and Big Mom man, well Kidd and Killer too especially by far but those 2 Yonkos as well ofc! Big Mom gave us the most fantastical, epic arc in some ways with WCI and I respect her a lot for that, her crew, her territory, her scale and the whole godfather/mafia themes of her arc were AMAZING! The colours, the wonders, the political/social conflicts and family grievances and complexities. WCI is a lot better than I thought in hindsight. The one island in the One Piece world I want to explore more than any other by far, but with NO rampaging Big Mom ofc!

@Buusatan94 @Jaguark101

I've done a quick rewrite of Wano, Kaido, Big Mom, Scabbards, Orochi etc and added Franky's anti Kaido weapons here too, what do you think so far?:

Kaido: The Azure Dragon's Reckoning

The Burden of Immortality:
Beyond the raw strength granted by his Uo Uo no Mi Model: Seiryu, a mythical Zoan Devil Fruit transforming him into an Azure Dragon, Kaido grappled with a profound existential crisis. The inability to die, a consequence of his power, had robbed him of the thrill of battle and the meaning of life. He yearned for a worthy opponent, someone capable of ending his eternal suffering.

A Dragon's Wrath Unleashed:
Kaido's dragon form was a breathtaking display of raw power. He commanded fire, scorching the land with his fiery breath. Lightning crackled around his serpentine body, striking down foes with devastating force. Winds whipped into howling tornadoes at his command, tearing through the battlefield. He was a true force of nature, a living embodiment of destruction.

Franky's Technological Triumph:
Franky, the Straw Hats' ingenious shipwright, unveiled his secret weapon: an arsenal of high-tech contraptions designed specifically to counter Kaido's draconic abilities. Seastone-infused cannons fired specialized projectiles that pierced Kaido's scales, while a giant mech suit equipped with grappling hooks and energy blades challenged his aerial supremacy.

The Climactic Battle for Wano: A Three-Act Opera of Chaos

Act I: The Worst Generation's Gambit: The battle began with a daring assault by the Worst Generation. Zoro, wielding Enma, clashed with Kaido's kanabo in a duel of swordsmanship that shook the island. Law's Ope Ope no Mi warped the battlefield, creating openings for Kidd's metal manipulations and Killer's brutal scythe attacks. Kin'emon and Momonosuke, fueled by their burning desire for revenge and liberation, joined the fray, their attacks bolstered by Momonosuke's growing control over his dragon form. Franky, piloting the General Franky robot, unleashed his arsenal of Anti-Kaido weapons, further weakening the Emperor and giving the alliance a fighting chance.

Act II: The Scabbards' Vengeance Dance: Meanwhile, a fierce ballet of blades unfolded on the rooftops of Onigashima. The Scabbards, driven by their unwavering loyalty to Oden, engaged Orochi in a final, desperate dance of death. Orochi, cornered and consumed by fear, unleashed the full extent of his Yamata no Orochi fruit. Each of his eight serpentine heads channeled a different elemental power - fire, water, earth, lightning, wind, ice, poison, and darkness. He even awakened his Zoan abilities, transforming into a monstrous, multi-headed hydra that wreaked havoc on the battlefield.
But the Scabbards were prepared. Denjiro, wielding Oden's two swords, expertly countered each of Orochi's elemental attacks, his movements a blur of precision and fury. Kin'emon's Foxfire Style sliced through Orochi's defenses, while Kawamatsu's Kappa Style deflected his water attacks. The combined might of the Scabbards, fueled by their shared grief and determination, proved too much for Orochi. As each of his heads fell, his power waned, until finally, the once-mighty shogun was reduced to a whimpering, pathetic creature, defeated by the very samurai he had underestimated.

Act III: Luffy's Triumph: Weakened by the combined efforts of the Worst Generation and Franky's ingenious weapons, Kaido faced his final challenge: Monkey D. Luffy. The two clashed in a titanic struggle, their Conqueror's Haki clashing like thunder, their attacks shaking the very foundations of Onigashima. Luffy, drawing upon the strength of his crew and the will of the people of Wano, unleashed a barrage of Gear Fourth attacks, each blow infused with the fiery spirit of liberation. Kaido, battered and bruised, refused to yield, his pride and stubbornness driving him to fight on. But even his immense strength had its limits. In a final, desperate gamble, Kaido unleashed a devastating Blast Breath, engulfing Luffy in a torrent of flames. But Luffy emerged from the inferno, his spirit unbroken, his determination unwavering. With a final, earth-shattering blow, Luffy sent Kaido crashing down into the depths below, ending his reign of terror and ushering in a new era of freedom for Wano.

Big Mom: The Empress's Soul Harvest

Clash of the Titans: Luffy vs. Big Mom:
While Kaido clashed with the Worst Generation, an equally epic confrontation unfolded between Luffy and Big Mom. The two captains, each a force of nature in their own right, engaged in a battle that shook Onigashima to its core. Their clash was a spectacle of raw power, speed, and Haki. Luffy, with his boundless energy and unwavering determination, pushed Big Mom to her limits, dodging her devastating attacks and countering with his own Gear Fourth assaults.

Marco's Fiery Rebirth:
Just when it seemed that Luffy might be overwhelmed, Marco the Phoenix, a former commander of the Whitebeard Pirates and a master of the Mythical Zoan Phoenix fruit, swooped in to join the fight. With Big Mom's attacks pushing him to the brink, Marco's Devil Fruit awakened, enveloping him in azure flames that burned hotter than the sun itself. The flames danced around him, a fiery aura of resilience and defiance. His regenerative powers amplified, he could now heal from the most grievous wounds in the blink of an eye, making him a near-unstoppable force.

A United Front:
Together, Luffy and Marco formed an unstoppable duo, their attacks complementing each other perfectly and pushing Big Mom to the brink of defeat. Marco's blue flames countered Big Mom's searing heat, while his aerial agility allowed him to evade her powerful strikes. Luffy, emboldened by Marco's support, unleashed a series of devastating Gear Fourth attacks, each one aimed at exploiting Big Mom's weaknesses.

Awakening of the Soul Queen:
As the battle raged, Big Mom's Soul-Soul Fruit awakened, granting her a terrifying new level of power. She could now manipulate souls on a grand scale, harvesting the life force of her opponents to bolster her own strength. Her Homies, infused with fragments of her soul, grew larger and more powerful, their loyalty to their mother unwavering. Prometheus, the sun homie, blazed with an intensity that could melt steel. Zeus, the cloud homie, crackled with lightning that could shatter mountains. Napoleon, her bicorne hat, transformed into a massive, bladed weapon that could cleave through the thickest armor.

The Fall of an Empress:
Despite the odds stacked against them, Luffy, Marco, and the Straw Hats refused to back down. They fought with every ounce of their strength, their determination fueled by their desire to protect their friends and liberate Wano. The battle raged for hours, a chaotic dance of swords, fists, flames, and lightning. In the end, it was the combined efforts of Luffy, Marco, and the Straw Hats, aided by the rebellion of some of Big Mom's own children, that brought her down. Weakened by their relentless attacks and the internal conflict within her own family, Big Mom finally fell, her reign of terror coming to an end. The people of Totto Land rejoiced, freed from the shackles of her oppressive rule, while the Charlotte Family was left to grapple with the aftermath of their mother's defeat.

@djiayebee @Jew D. Boy @Gladwing0 You guys might like the Franky stuff I did there? I'm really impressed with it, it sounds epic or even SUUUUUUPEEEEEEEEEEEER ofc!

I kinda fucked this up btw, it was meant to be Kidd, Killer, Law, Zoro and Franky defeating Kaido but alas! Luffy even stole the show here with both Kaido and Big Mom! Oda's will overwrote my own and ruined my own rewrite too! /s. You get the idea though ofc!

Ill make a new version where these guys defeat Kaido as they were meant to lololol.

But I also wouldn't kill off Kaido and Big Mom here, Kaido deserves more than 1 arc for a start! I have much grander ideas for them beyond this too! They're just meant to be defeated for now. After all, Oda loves to reuse characters especially villains and bring them back, so why not Kaido and Big Mom as they deserve too?

:lusalty::risiup::saden::shame:

Another proof that Wano ain't One Piece's worst arc for nothing. :milaugh:
Just like the arc itself felt like, the list never ends! Eternal suffering, just like how the Kurozumi are destined to deserve apparently too! Peak fiction! /s

Last edited:
Amen man, I would be extremely happy if they returned. I used to be kinda fed up with them during their arcs but honestly? I really fucking miss them now, they were a lot of fun in their own ways and Kaido deserved far better than what he got from Oda. His crew is by far the funniest which I never expected and as much as I HATE the gifters, it does add some real Island of Dr Moreau style psychological horror and tragedy to his crew and Wano and shows how much of a truly extreme monster Kaido is or even.....*drums of liberation roll*...a @MonsterKaido !

Seriously though, I had the highest of hypes for Kaido since Thriller Bark at least. Playing through Okami gave immense heaven piercing levels of hype for him and Orochi along with with Kaido's AMAZING intro post Dressrosa and the INSANE implications of what he did.

I'll never forgive Oda for how dirty he did Kaido and Big Mom man, well Kidd and Killer too especially by far but those 2 Yonkos as well ofc! Big Mom gave us the most fantastical, epic arc in some ways with WCI and I respect her a lot for that, her crew, her territory, her scale and the whole godfather/mafia themes of her arc were AMAZING! The colours, the wonders, the political/social conflicts and family grievances and complexities. WCI is a lot better than I thought in hindsight. The one island in the One Piece world I want to explore more than any other by far, but with NO rampaging Big Mom ofc!

@Buusatan94 @Jaguark101

I've done a quick rewrite of Wano, Kaido, Big Mom, Scabbards, Orochi etc and added Franky's anti Kaido weapons here too, what do you think so far?:

Beyond the raw strength granted by his Uo Uo no Mi Model: Seiryu, a mythical Zoan Devil Fruit transforming him into an Azure Dragon, Kaido grappled with a profound existential crisis. The inability to die, a consequence of his power, had robbed him of the thrill of battle and the meaning of life. He yearned for a worthy opponent, someone capable of ending his eternal suffering.

Kaido's dragon form was a breathtaking display of raw power. He commanded fire, scorching the land with his fiery breath. Lightning crackled around his serpentine body, striking down foes with devastating force. Winds whipped into howling tornadoes at his command, tearing through the battlefield. He was a true force of nature, a living embodiment of destruction.

Franky, the Straw Hats' ingenious shipwright, unveiled his secret weapon: an arsenal of high-tech contraptions designed specifically to counter Kaido's draconic abilities. Seastone-infused cannons fired specialized projectiles that pierced Kaido's scales, while a giant mech suit equipped with grappling hooks and energy blades challenged his aerial supremacy.

Act I: The Worst Generation's Gambit: The battle began with a daring assault by the Worst Generation. Zoro, wielding Enma, clashed with Kaido's kanabo in a duel of swordsmanship that shook the island. Law's Ope Ope no Mi warped the battlefield, creating openings for Kidd's metal manipulations and Killer's brutal scythe attacks. Kin'emon and Momonosuke, fueled by their burning desire for revenge and liberation, joined the fray, their attacks bolstered by Momonosuke's growing control over his dragon form. Franky, piloting the General Franky robot, unleashed his arsenal of Anti-Kaido weapons, further weakening the Emperor and giving the alliance a fighting chance.

Act II: The Scabbards' Vengeance Dance: Meanwhile, a fierce ballet of blades unfolded on the rooftops of Onigashima. The Scabbards, driven by their unwavering loyalty to Oden, engaged Orochi in a final, desperate dance of death. Orochi, cornered and consumed by fear, unleashed the full extent of his Yamata no Orochi fruit. Each of his eight serpentine heads channeled a different elemental power - fire, water, earth, lightning, wind, ice, poison, and darkness. He even awakened his Zoan abilities, transforming into a monstrous, multi-headed hydra that wreaked havoc on the battlefield.
But the Scabbards were prepared. Denjiro, wielding Oden's two swords, expertly countered each of Orochi's elemental attacks, his movements a blur of precision and fury. Kin'emon's Foxfire Style sliced through Orochi's defenses, while Kawamatsu's Kappa Style deflected his water attacks. The combined might of the Scabbards, fueled by their shared grief and determination, proved too much for Orochi. As each of his heads fell, his power waned, until finally, the once-mighty shogun was reduced to a whimpering, pathetic creature, defeated by the very samurai he had underestimated.

Act III: Luffy's Triumph: Weakened by the combined efforts of the Worst Generation and Franky's ingenious weapons, Kaido faced his final challenge: Monkey D. Luffy. The two clashed in a titanic struggle, their Conqueror's Haki clashing like thunder, their attacks shaking the very foundations of Onigashima. Luffy, drawing upon the strength of his crew and the will of the people of Wano, unleashed a barrage of Gear Fourth attacks, each blow infused with the fiery spirit of liberation. Kaido, battered and bruised, refused to yield, his pride and stubbornness driving him to fight on. But even his immense strength had its limits. In a final, desperate gamble, Kaido unleashed a devastating Blast Breath, engulfing Luffy in a torrent of flames. But Luffy emerged from the inferno, his spirit unbroken, his determination unwavering. With a final, earth-shattering blow, Luffy sent Kaido crashing down into the depths below, ending his reign of terror and ushering in a new era of freedom for Wano.

While Kaido clashed with the Worst Generation, an equally epic confrontation unfolded between Luffy and Big Mom. The two captains, each a force of nature in their own right, engaged in a battle that shook Onigashima to its core. Their clash was a spectacle of raw power, speed, and Haki. Luffy, with his boundless energy and unwavering determination, pushed Big Mom to her limits, dodging her devastating attacks and countering with his own Gear Fourth assaults.

Marco's Fiery Rebirth:
Just when it seemed that Luffy might be overwhelmed, Marco the Phoenix, a former commander of the Whitebeard Pirates and a master of the Mythical Zoan Phoenix fruit, swooped in to join the fight. With Big Mom's attacks pushing him to the brink, Marco's Devil Fruit awakened, enveloping him in azure flames that burned hotter than the sun itself. The flames danced around him, a fiery aura of resilience and defiance. His regenerative powers amplified, he could now heal from the most grievous wounds in the blink of an eye, making him a near-unstoppable force.

A United Front:
Together, Luffy and Marco formed an unstoppable duo, their attacks complementing each other perfectly and pushing Big Mom to the brink of defeat. Marco's blue flames countered Big Mom's searing heat, while his aerial agility allowed him to evade her powerful strikes. Luffy, emboldened by Marco's support, unleashed a series of devastating Gear Fourth attacks, each one aimed at exploiting Big Mom's weaknesses.

As the battle raged, Big Mom's Soul-Soul Fruit awakened, granting her a terrifying new level of power. She could now manipulate souls on a grand scale, harvesting the life force of her opponents to bolster her own strength. Her Homies, infused with fragments of her soul, grew larger and more powerful, their loyalty to their mother unwavering. Prometheus, the sun homie, blazed with an intensity that could melt steel. Zeus, the cloud homie, crackled with lightning that could shatter mountains. Napoleon, her bicorne hat, transformed into a massive, bladed weapon that could cleave through the thickest armor.

The Fall of an Empress:
Despite the odds stacked against them, Luffy, Marco, and the Straw Hats refused to back down. They fought with every ounce of their strength, their determination fueled by their desire to protect their friends and liberate Wano. The battle raged for hours, a chaotic dance of swords, fists, flames, and lightning. In the end, it was the combined efforts of Luffy, Marco, and the Straw Hats, aided by the rebellion of some of Big Mom's own children, that brought her down. Weakened by their relentless attacks and the internal conflict within her own family, Big Mom finally fell, her reign of terror coming to an end. The people of Totto Land rejoiced, freed from the shackles of her oppressive rule, while the Charlotte Family was left to grapple with the aftermath of their mother's defeat.

@djiayebee @Jew D. Boy @Gladwing0 You guys might like the Franky stuff I did there? I'm really impressed with it, it sounds epic or even SUUUUUUPEEEEEEEEEEEER ofc!

I kinda fucked this up btw, it was meant to be Kidd, Killer, Law, Zoro and Franky defeating Kaido but alas! Luffy even stole the show here with both Kaido and Big Mom! Oda's will overwrote my own and ruined my own rewrite too! /s. You get the idea though ofc!

Ill make a new version where these guys defeat Kaido as they were meant to lololol.

But I also wouldn't kill off Kaido and Big Mom here, Kaido deserves more than 1 arc for a start! I have much grander ideas for them beyond this too! They're just meant to be defeated for now. After all, Oda loves to reuse characters especially villains and bring them back, so why not Kaido and Big Mom as they deserve too?

Just like the arc itself felt like, the list never ends! Eternal suffering, just like how the Kurozumi are destined to deserve apparently too! Peak fiction! /s
Man, I remember back in 2011 when it was back in the my early years of me starting to watch OP, WB's appearance was HYPE AF at episode 151, which is one of the most iconic episodes in all of any anime as it had the debut of many characters that they'd have important roles in the future whether they're good or evil, and since Buggy was talking about him at episode 145 which the giant shadows of Skypia appeared which was 6 episodes before that episode, his design was Raw and badass and cause the old animation honestly made the characters design look Raw and badass af

Then also Big Mom's introduction which I watched it in late 2012, which they made her head look bigger than her body and her former VA (R.I.P) was very amazing

And finally, Kaido's appearance in that chapter and the reactions of the YT Anime community back then, it was all the hype in the world and was very funny and 2015 was the best year ever for OP, it had Gear 4 Luffy debut and Kaido debut, Aaaah the good ol' times

And then as the series went by, we learned many things about them, like they were members of Rocks pirates along with Shiki.

@Buusatan94 @Jaguark101

Marco's Fiery Rebirth:

A United Front:

The Fall of an Empress:

Let's also remember one of his most epic moments when he was telling Luffy how Haki transcends all

Last edited:
Yes, which is even worse. Kaku in two years awakening while Kaido hasn't figured it out in 38 years is beyond careless
Kaku loves giraffes, is obsessed with giraffes, and is probably the most likely person out there to awaken the giraffe fruit. Kaido is intentionally doing the opposite of the stuff his devil fruit symbolizes, so he'll never align his mind with his df and awaken.

@Buusatan94 @Jaguark101

Marco's Fiery Rebirth:

A United Front:

The Fall of an Empress:

stop spamming this stupid AI generated crap

Kaku loves giraffes, is obsessed with giraffes, and is probably the most likely person out there to awaken the giraffe fruit. Kaido is intentionally doing the opposite of the stuff his devil fruit symbolizes, so he'll never align his mind with his df and awaken.
I think kaido was waffling
That doesn't make even sense, Katakuri awakened the mocchi fruit yet he loves donuts above all