Current Events Oda's handling of the F6 and Jack is exceedingly weird

Or maybe you don't want accept that apoo stronger than them scabbards stronger than them even Jack says it lol Kanjuro stronger plus kiku held back and didn't want kill him and he had energy to run around then stab kiku and for orochi you know you gotta cut him more than 9 times Right?
Lol, what the fuck is there to accept? I've vouched for Apoo's strength since his introduction back on Sabaody, when he had the balls to attack an Admiral head on, despite being vastly inferior.

Maybe I'm just crazy for trying to look at things logically from a narrative point of view. Such a weird concept!

Lol, what the fuck is there to accept? I've vouched for Apoo's strength since his introduction back on Sabaody, when he had the balls to attack an Admiral head on, despite being vastly inferior.

Maybe I'm just crazy for trying to look at things logically from a narrative point of view. Such a weird concept!
But you know very well just cus these characters got it dont means they gotta have too lol they just like saying apoo drake hawkins gotta have awakening too since kid and law the first two supernovas to unlock it

Idk man, this whole situation has been weirdly done, and strays far off the beaten path in terms of how arcs are typically written. The raid in and of itself has gone WAY too smoothly. Like all the stars have aligned in favor of the protagonists, and that typically never happens. We STILL haven't even gotten the major threat/ticking timebomb panic of the arc yet, as the people of the Flower Capital don't even know Onigashima is looming on the horizon. I have no clue where Oda is going with all this, but I am trying to remain optimistic that the curveball is still to come.
The time bomb is onigashma falling on the flower capital oda's even been counting the minutes till it happens

I wish Page One didn't fall that vastly fast and was granted the opportunity to take on Nami / Usopp, he was the most poorly handled imo. It could of been a delightful occasions to have the SHs shine.

-Black Maria vs Robin was a good fight, in the classic OP way.

-Ulti and P1 i didnt care too much, i'm ok with theirs defeat, but i think they will get a cover story after Wano. They are very charismatic side characters.

-Jack one for me was ok also, he got development in Zou already, them the fight in the rooftop, and finally a final fight against a Mink, his defeat feel very natural too me, and the Peros defeat together give the feel that the high ups of the Emperors side are finally falling

WsW and Sasakj were the ones i find Very strange, the fights could have more panel time before, like when the gifters started to attack Jinbei and Franky and in the next page Tama already solve the problem. Oda could give a chapter of Franky and Jinbei struggling against WsW, Sasaki and the gifters and just in the next chapter save them, with one chapter he could had give more to those fights. And there's also some plot points in the two F6 that are missing.

Sasaki seems like a fishman, he wear a similar cap to Kokoro and have green hair, he could very well be Kokoto son and Chimney father, and that would give more development for the fight against Franky.

WsW have this CP9 plotline, the Gomu Gomu one and the Nika one, but seems kind of from nowhere. Pehaps the missing CP0 guy will go kill him and we will get little more info on those subjects if they interact.

D

Deleted member 10278

Still fully expect every single on of them to get back up. Durability and recovery is supposed to be Zoan's specialty. It'd be pretty suspect if that doesn't come into play AT ALL, during an arc filled with Zoans.
What purpose does it serve for the narrative at this point for them to get back up? They’re staying down until Kaido’s defeated and the alliance has things in control.
Jinbei was wasted on WhW in my opinion, he should have at least battled Jack
Can you really say that after how bad Jack has looked in Wano? That man’s hybrid looked like a smile fruit lmao. Who’s Who was weaker but it was better handing him to Jinbe considering how much of an afterthought Jack became.

the cast in this battle is way bigger and he needed to wrap up their fights so he could attend to the overarching storyline he's trying to tell

The f6 were obviously just plot fodder, they were introduced last minute in the arc

I'm convinced Who's-Who and Jack were originally for Chopper and Jimbei (Oda has changed match-up ideas before, look at CP9). Who's-Who has the eye symbol (albeit it's a bit different from the Torino Kingdom) and Jack is the number four and a fish-man.

Nami and Usopp versus Ulti and Page One is really one fight (like the Mr. 4 and Ms. Merry Christmas one). It's just that Big Mom did most of the work because they're the weakest (this could lead to a plot point about Usopp getting a "Raidsuit").

the cast in this battle is way bigger and he needed to wrap up their fights so he could attend to the overarching storyline he's trying to tell

The f6 were obviously just plot fodder, they were introduced last minute in the arc
Tbh, I dont agree with this. The F6 were a concept introduced in the 930's when Page 1 and Drake were revealed. It is Oda's fault for not showing them earlier though.

It's a weird thing. I personally didn't mind their screentime. Half of CP-9 wasn't shown until Enies Lobby and yet they still only had a few chapters of fighting before they were defeated. Only difference is that Oda actually spent several full chapters on those fights to fully characterize Jabra, Fukuro, etc.

Dressrosa had the advantage of actually using the Doflamingo family in many of the plot events throughout the arc, so even when some of them lost in a chapter, it felt earned.

https://worstgen.alwaysdata.net/for...scaling-debates-in-one-piece.1879/post-141754

I get what you mean. Franky for example is mostly unscathed after fighting Sasaki but in DR, he had to perform repairs on himself after fighting Senor Pink, his arsenal almost fully depleted.

Just gotta hope something big happens like an Oars type of deal when Moriah's executives were beaten.
franky used shogun franky to take the damage against sasaki. against senior pink he fought him without the mech

About F6. If that I didn't liked I can say only Ulti and P1 had respectables defeats since they were defeated by BM.
Franky fight seemed too easy, is his laser one-shot material? BM tried to avoid it but I didn't take much serious. If so this could explain Kizaru wish to fight 2 Yonkos at Wano.
Who's Who turned to be a joke. Jinbei is a beast, too much for him. Okay. But WTF was that fight? That talk about Fishmen and Jinbei getting angry makes no sense. WsW wasn't disrespectful at any point.
Robin ultimate felt a little like bullshit. She was having a good matched fight and out of nowhere she had this transformation(no drawbacks since this is only for Luffy and Zoro) that no diffed Black Maria in seconds.
Jack should have handled better Inu Sulong Form, Inu was almost dead when he turned in.

Also, WTF is Perospero? King of the off screen? Inuarashi base form should have been already too much for him. I wanted so bad Pedro to show up and fought him in his Sulong Form. Would be much better than what happened.
Post automatically merged:

All of this could have been avoided if Oda stopped creating filler characters who don't matter
Imagine the raid being only Scabbards + Strawhats + Law and Kid's crew. Luffy and Kid running and using their CoC to drop how much fodders they could.