General & Others Oden Flashback in Anime is canon. Approved by Oda and complements the Manga.

I did read the thread, and you are taking the comment from Toei out of context. They made sure to ask permission to extend the fight in the anime. That doesn't mean that Oda helped them with it, nor approves of it to be canon.

Do you have any idea how Anime episodes like One Piece are made? Just like the manga, on a week to week basis. Do you think that with Toei on a time crunch to get the episode completed, and Oda on a time crunch to get the chapter completed, both working 6-7 days straight, that Oda had any time whatsoever to gloss over storyboards, and sit down to give his input on how the episode should be made? C'mon, bruh.....

They asked to extend the fight, and Oda said yes.... That's it. Your blowing it out of proportion.
First of all I do know how the OP anime is made, and you are WRONG!!!

Each episode is prepared about three months in advance, and they spend about a month and a half on the average episode.

Also, Toei also said they would seek approval on how extended scenes are as it is to COMPLIMENT/MERGE with the manga. You do not know the ins and out of their conversation. Given TOEI's statement and use of words, the animated flashback is canon and Oda is approving the content they put out so that it can COMPLIMENT/MERGE with the manga material.

I can't found. if I found, I post this situation but why don't we ask those who can know?

@EtenBoby @ScotchInformer what do you think this information(topic's main message)? I remember it became clear that the source of this information was fan commentary.
Yes indeed X .
Post automatically merged:

The source came from EMUNPOLA a middle person/spoiler provider.
Don't care where you got it, it is wrong. And I never saw a tweet from emunopla about this

I've seen talks about the value of Oden's flashback in the anime. The flashback in the anime is indeed canon. Oda himself had approved of all scenes produced.

Thus the animated Flashback can be used a canon material when discussing the manga.

Source is EMUNPOLA, they also do spoilers. So stop saying it is fan comment.

With that out of the way, pre-journey Oden is an absolute monster, pre-enma Zoro > pre-journey Oden.:zosmug::zosmug::zosmug:

@Marimo_420 will you do the honors?

@Sword God Ryuma
It is a fake news.
The anime is not canon and the flashback is not supervised by Oda.

Yes indeed X .

Don't care where you got it, it is wrong. And I never saw a tweet from emunopla about this
So the guy who correctly suggested which chapters would be covered in which episodes is wrong? They also reached these conclusions through interviews. Which are trusted sources.:sanmoji:

So Sanji defeating Drake is also canon then.
No! what part of flashback only did you not understand crying six member chrono?

Lol,there was no comment from Toei . There was a thread created already for this back when the fake tweet from soulstorm got out.

Besides we already know Oda's opinion on anime and manga.
Except when he is directly involved, such as Usopp vs Daddy:okay:

THE ANIME IS NOT CANON!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. But this flashback is.:zosleepy::zosleepy::zosleepy:

It is. Not in the thread . Only a post from a soulstorm guy. And again nothing was said by Toei,I already posted a link about it in the X above . Not going to comment on this again ..pointless even if there was such a quote since Oda believes manga and anime are different ....
I seen that Quote. I agree with Oda. But when Oda involves himself with the anime, I consider it temporarily overwritten.