General & Others Oden Flashback in Anime is canon. Approved by Oda and complements the Manga.

No It's not.

That quote is something that was ALWAYS TRUE, it DOES NOT only apply to the Flashback

Oda did not say "I gave them permissions for the Oden flashback"

Oden has ALWAYS given the anime staff permission to do FILLERS for fights and stuff.

And he has also added MANGA and ANIME are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS

It's not canon, even though Oda approves the fillers

Oda literally wrote Strong World and his words still don't count, as per fans.
Movies are not Canon.
I can understand where you're coming from but ''Strong World'' made the SHs go back to EB and Luffy destroying a top tier...
Wasn't it confirmed that chapter 0 is canon but not the movie ? (I will make some research) but pretty sure movies CANNOT be Canon unless explicitely stated.

Movies are not Canon.
I can understand where you're coming from but ''Strong World'' made the SHs go back to EB and Luffy destroying a top tier...
Wasn't it confirmed that chapter 0 is canon but not the movie ? (I will make some research) but pretty sure movies CANNOT be Canon unless explicitely stated.
This is only said by fans. Chapter 0 is literally part of strong world. The full title is One Piece Strong World: Chapter 0. Fans like to leave that part out. That, and it also ends in "To be continued in strong world."

This is only said by fans. Chapter 0 is literally part of strong world. The full title is One Piece Strong World: Chapter 0. Fans like to leave that part out. That, and it also ends in "To be continued in strong world."
Chapter0 was manga material wheras ''Strong World'' was Anime; these are two VERY different mediums that tell the same story but one cannot be considered canon on the other one for the simple reason that it would be a mess.

I did read the thread, and you are taking the comment from Toei out of context. They made sure to ask permission to extend the fight in the anime. That doesn't mean that Oda helped them with it, nor approves of it to be canon.

Do you have any idea how Anime episodes like One Piece are made? Just like the manga, on a week to week basis. Do you think that with Toei on a time crunch to get the episode completed, and Oda on a time crunch to get the chapter completed, both working 6-7 days straight, that Oda had any time whatsoever to gloss over storyboards, and sit down to give his input on how the episode should be made? C'mon, bruh.....

They asked to extend the fight, and Oda said yes.... That's it. Your blowing it out of proportion.
That's makes perfect sense,

Chapter0 was manga material wheras ''Strong World'' was Anime; these are two VERY different mediums that tell the same story but one cannot be considered canon on the other one for the simple reason that it would be a mess.
That doesn't make very much sense...many stories are cross platform.

And Chapter 0 is "One Piece Strong World: Chapter 0" delivered as part of the One Piece Strong World Blu Ray.

Whatever man :)
I gave you my take on the subject and it doesn't seem to convince you.
If you want to consider ''Strong world'' canon, go ahead but you will be alone.
Cheers
it legit doesn't matter to me. I thought you wanted to do your research? But you haven't provided anything. "Wasn't it confirmed" it was not.

Oda: "And as far as something that will hold true for both the manga and the anime, this will be Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year-old."

Manga fans will twist logic and reasoning to read:

"And as far as something that will hold true for both the manga (but not really because Luffy wasn't wearing an arm band and he can't ever change clothes) and the anime (and only the anime), this will be Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year-old. "

it legit doesn't matter to me. I thought you wanted to do your research? But you haven't provided anything. "Wasn't it confirmed" it was not.

Oda: "And as far as something that will hold true for both the manga and the anime, this will be Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year-old."

Manga fans will twist logic and reasoning to read:

"And as far as something that will hold true for both the manga (but not really because Luffy wasn't wearing an arm band and he can't ever change clothes) and the anime (and only the anime), this will be Luffy's last adventure as a 17 year-old. "
I tried to look for something ''official'' from Oda or something but I didn't spend the whole day on it.
I couldn t find anythimg but it doesn't surprise me as this is supposed to be ''obvious''.
What I'm sure about though is that the anime on many instances DIRECTLY opposes the Manga and if we start considering it canon then One Piece won't make any sense...

I tried to look for something ''official'' from Oda or something but I didn't spend the whole day on it.
I couldn t find anythimg but it doesn't surprise me as this is supposed to be ''obvious''.
What I'm sure about though is that the anime on many instances DIRECTLY opposes the Manga and if we start considering it canon then One Piece won't make any sense...
Isn't the rubric "written by Oda"? Strong World is written by Oda. It's also not "the anime", but a theatrical movie. I personally don't mind, but there's no framework for "Chapter 0 is canon while Strong World is not." Throw away both of them if you like, but the two are inextricably tied together.

Isn't the rubric "written by Oda"? Strong World is written by Oda. It's also not "the anime", but a theatrical movie. I personally don't mind, but there's no framework for "Chapter 0 is canon while Strong World is not." Throw away both of them if you like, but the two are inextricably tied together.
The difference between Chapter 0 and the Strong World movie, is Chapter 0 is background information on characters. The whole thing takes place over 20 years ago in verse time.

The Strong World movie, however, takes place in the current time period, but does not canonically fit within the story as it takes place directly after Thriller Bark but before Sabaody, yet Zoro is perfectly fine. If it breaks the continuity of the story, it can not be canon. Zoro can't go from gravely injured on Thriller Bark, to perfectly fine in Strong World, to still heavily injured on Sabaody because of what happened on Thriller Bark.

The difference between Chapter 0 and the Strong World movie, is Chapter 0 is background information on characters. The whole thing takes place over 20 years ago in verse time.

The Strong World movie, however, takes place in the current time period, but does not canonically fit within the story as it takes place directly after Thriller Bark but before Sabaody, yet Zoro is perfectly fine. If it breaks the continuity of the story, it can not be canon. Zoro can't go from gravely injured on Thriller Bark, to perfectly fine in Strong World, to still heavily injured on Sabaody because of what happened on Thriller Bark.
Go read the chapter where Sanji reunited with Luffy and has flashbacks to times with the crew. Then tell me when those times could have happened.

You guys clearly don't read many comics because American comics readers have swallowed much worse from series written by the same writer.

And the title of Chapter 0 is strong world. You can't just pick and choose what you want to be canon. Discard Chapter 0 and use all the manga stuff instead. Heck if you woke up and bought one piece from vol 1-98 you'd never see Chapter 0. It is tied to Strong World from start to end.

Plus, if you asked Oda what do you think he'll say? Strong World is non-canon? Or Zoro's injured got worse because of Strong World? Or "I wrote String world after Sabaody and tradeoffs were made for a good story".

Go read the chapter where Sanji reunited with Luffy and has flashbacks to times with the crew. Then tell me when those times could have happened.

You guys clearly don't read many comics because American comics readers have swallowed much worse from series written by the same writer.

And the title of Chapter 0 is strong world. You can't just pick and choose what you want to be canon. Discard Chapter 0 and use all the manga stuff instead. Heck if you woke up and bought one piece from vol 1-98 you'd never see Chapter 0. It is tied to Strong World from start to end.

Plus, if you asked Oda what do you think he'll say? Strong World is non-canon? Or Zoro's injured got worse because of Strong World? Or "I wrote String world after Sabaody and tradeoffs were made for a good story".
Strong World can't take place after Sabaody because the Straw Hats got split up for two years on Sabaody.

How come there is not a single mention in all of manga about Luffy's amazing achievement of defeating the legendary Shiki the Golden Lion? That would be a big deal in the One Piece World. Instead, all we get is a little snippet from Sengoku about how Shiki was the only person to ever escape Impel Down, and then he disappeared and that's it. The continuity issue, and the fact that not a single person even acknowledges the fact that a Legendary Pirate who once fought against Roger and Whitebeard was taken down by a bunch of Rookie Pirates, is plenty for Strong World to not be considered canon.

SmokedOut

Life Is Good ✌️
"Complimenting the manga rather than being plain filler", imo means the anime will fill in the gaps with greater detail than what was done in the past. It doesn't necessarily mean it should be considered canon though, its purpose is to expand what was presented in the manga through animation. Oden is obviously very important to Oda, so he most likely wants to make sure his portrayal in the anime is up to his personal standards.

Strong World can't take place after Sabaody because the Straw Hats got split up for two years on Sabaody.

How come there is not a single mention in all of manga about Luffy's amazing achievement of defeating the legendary Shiki the Golden Lion? That would be a big deal in the One Piece World. Instead, all we get is a little snippet from Sengoku about how Shiki was the only person to ever escape Impel Down, and then he disappeared and that's it. The continuity issue, and the fact that not a single person even acknowledges the fact that a Legendary Pirate who once fought against Roger and Whitebeard was taken down by a bunch of Rookie Pirates, is plenty for Strong World to not be considered canon.
Forget about it