General & Others Oden Flashback in Anime is canon. Approved by Oda and complements the Manga.

Oda's word is not up to interpretation but I don't like to easily buy things.

Intelligent people have far-reaching view. So it's best if we make sure first. I'm not knowledgeable with the guy and even if I was it's best to have firm evidence that Oda really said that.

First of all I do know how the OP anime is made, and you are WRONG!!!

Each episode is prepared about three months in advance, and they spend about a month and a half on the average episode.

Also, Toei also said they would seek approval on how extended scenes are as it is to COMPLIMENT/MERGE with the manga. You do not know the ins and out of their conversation. Given TOEI's statement and use of words, the animated flashback is canon and Oda is approving the content they put out so that it can COMPLIMENT/MERGE with the manga material.
You misunderstand me. Each episode is only given roughly a week to be completed, not that it is made a week prior to release. And they damn sure don't spend a month and a half on each episode. That would equate to producing less than 11 episodes a year. Maybe on Anime that only has a 12 episode run cycle, but absolutely not on a weekly anime like One Piece.

And yes, they seek approval to be able to extend the scenes, which Oda allows. He always has, and it's been that way for years. That doesn't make this episode, or Oden's flashback any more special than any other episodes that the Anime staff produce.

Oda simply does not have time to supervise, or review what the animators do. He's already addressed this in an interview from years ago that he allows them to take liberties, and leaves it in their hands.

Last edited:
The anime is it's own thing being an adaption of the manga ppl need to understand that.
Oda is a mangaka, he draws manga and that's it.
Oda doesn't care about what the anime does except if they would change something really important to the story to a huge degree that he completely dislikes but even then he probably wouldn't care about it too much.
The fact that there are movies which depict Shiki losing to a pre timeskip Luffy is proof that Oda doesn't care about what happens in the animated adaptions.
It's also the same with one piece game adapations too.

You have to think about it like this:
Oda is probably friends with most of the directors at Toei Animations so if they ask him whether they could do this or that chances are he'd just say "Yeah of course that's a good idea, as long as the fans will like it just do it"
He most definitely won't say "No that strays too much from my canon material"
Canon is not something Oda thinks about but if you would ask Oda whether One Piece Anime or Manga is the one to go he will think manga but say both out of humbleness.

> and merge it with the manga content as much as possible
:milaugh:

Oda: manga and anime are completely different so I do not care about anime much as long as they love One Piece
Anime Staff: we double checked with Oda and he said he did not care so we did w/e

how much value does the approval of someone have if that person himself said he does not care?
:milaugh:

also, wrong forum section

I've seen talks about the value of Oden's flashback in the anime. The flashback in the anime is indeed canon. Oda himself had approved of all scenes produced.

Thus the animated Flashback can be used a canon material when discussing the manga.

Source is EMUNPOLA, they also do spoilers. So stop saying it is fan comment.

With that out of the way, pre-journey Oden is an absolute monster, pre-enma Zoro > pre-journey Oden.:zosmug::zosmug::zosmug:

@Marimo_420 will you do the honors?
Post automatically merged:

@Sword God Ryuma
It is a fan comment unless you can provide the actual interview source not a tweet from EMUNOPLA.