News Officially NEW ONE PIECE FILM:RED

Will be interesting possibly will be related to Luffy following in Shanks' path and will hopefully show how Shanks rose to be an Emperor
I wouldn't be surprised of it was about the potential Yonko that Shanks booted from the throne 6 years prior.

None of these films involve actual main characters as villains/antagonists anyhow. Funny enough, Gold and Stampede both featured Lucci and Sabo, who still are featured in the main story, regardless of how those films play out.

So however it involves Shanks, it has zero bearing as to how Oda plans to use him in the future plot.

I can't wait for Oda to show Luffy's mother. It's very clear that she has some ties with Shanks (Who knows... maybe shanks could also be the real father of Luffy, too. I know it's crazy, but it could be plausible. Why would Shanks be watching over Luffy since he was a child otherwise?

It's most probably about a Villain who was defeated by Shanks in the past & made a comeback
We already had a Former Rocks Pirate (Shiki), a Former Marine (Zephyr), an Impel Down Escapee (Bullet) & Mary Geoise Escapee (Tesoro)
The pattern is that they are Villains who abandoned their Former Group/Holding Place & decided to make a Plan themselves

So if it's someone who holds a Grudge against Shanks, then his Former Group or Job was ruined by Shanks himself
It's possibly a Former Cipher-Pol Agent, just like Who's Who
Maybe after Red-Hair Pirates took Gomu Gomu No Mi, WsW was imprisoned but WG sent CP-0 to retrieve it
And they sent their Strongest Agent (Someone who was Legendary among CP-0 similar to how Lucci was among CP-9)

After Shanks defeated this Agent & ruined his Reputation & then WG abandoned him (Similar to how Spandam abandoned CP-9)
He vowed to come back one day, and this explains why he would also fight Luffy after seeing that he has Gomu Gomu No Mi

Eh, I think the Red Hair Pirates will be the main antagonist/rival in this movie.

No. The film is going to cover canon information of Shanks that Oda is scrapping from the manga.

Oda initially refused a Shanks movie (despite it being proposed to him several times) because he wanted to include it in the manga:

And yet he finally relented and decided to go with the movie. So it sounds to me like he scrapped some of Shanks' manga plot from the manga and decided to show that off in a movie.

To be very honest, this makes me update against Shanks playing an antagonistic or villainous role in the manga itself (why cover it in a movie if you're going to show it off in the manga).

If Shanks is an antagonist/rival or villain in this movie, he would almost certainly not be one in the manga.
much more likely that the straw hats interact with a friend of shanks and are aiming to save them, but all shanks scenes are flashbacks associated with the behavior of luffy or his crew.

Eh, I think the Red Hair Pirates will be the main antagonist/rival in this movie.

No. The film is going to cover canon information of Shanks that Oda is scrapping from the manga.

Oda initially refused a Shanks movie (despite it being proposed to him several times) because he wanted to include it in the manga:

And yet he finally relented and decided to go with the movie. So it sounds to me like he scrapped some of Shanks' manga plot from the manga and decided to show that off in a movie.

To be very honest, this makes me update against Shanks playing an antagonistic or villainous role in the manga itself (why cover it in a movie if you're going to show it off in the manga).

If Shanks is an antagonist/rival or villain in this movie, he would almost certainly not be one in the manga.
yeah, i imagine many previous movies suggested as having shanks in a prominent role being rejected in favor of shanks one day having an especially big standout prominent role, but maybe 2022 will finally be that time

It's most probably about a Villain who was defeated by Shanks in the past & made a comeback
We already had a Former Rocks Pirate (Shiki), a Former Marine (Zephyr), an Impel Down Escapee (Bullet) & Mary Geoise Escapee (Tesoro)
The pattern is that they are Villains who abandoned their Former Group/Holding Place & decided to make a Plan themselves

So if it's someone who holds a Grudge against Shanks, then his Former Group or Job was ruined by Shanks himself
Maybe after Red-Hair Pirates took Gomu Gomu No Mi, WsW was imprisoned but WG sent CP-0 to retrieve it
And they sent their Strongest Agent (Someone who was Legendary among CP-0 similar to how Lucci was among CP-9)

After Shanks defeated this Agent & ruined his Reputation & then WG abandoned him (Similar to how Spandam abandoned CP-9)
He vowed to come back one day, and this explains why he would also fight Luffy after seeing that he has Gomu Gomu No Mi
Best description

And all enemies have similar powers as the main antagonist in the actual or last arc

Tesoro=Doflamingo
Bullet=Katakuri
Red enemy=Kaido

My best guess is he was a Yonkou until Shanks usurped him.