rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 1000 as a late Christmas present? That just made my holiday. The second half of the Jump cover and double spread both looking stellar. Asta swooning over Shirahoshi is funny. Smoker is just Andy with a cigar. Gege's Arlong looking way too cool. Yabuki picking Sugar is...a waste of his talents. The Lapin and Eustass K are neat. I love Benn Beckman, but not like this. On the double spread, Brook with a gold afro and Jinbe enjoying the bling are a treasure.

Marco with the double phoenix choke hold makes King and Queen say it...burd is the word. :phoenixmarco:Queen revealing he's a Zoan cyborg all over the place by doubling his already long neck with a mechanical extension. A cyborg body, biochemical plagues, a user of many weapons, and whatever he mastered of his Zoan at his bounty level. Queen is looking like the most interesting Ancient Zoan fighter by far. I love the unique Calamity trio with Jack as a Fishman, King as an unknown flying race always on fire, and Queen the more machine than man at this point. Unfortunately, Marco is a god and both King and Queen are momentarily stalled as Marco completes his mission and sends Zoro to the roof. While this is a typical skirmish making one side look good for a moment, I do think Marco is in trouble if somebody doesn't show up to get Queen off his back. Can't forget that Jack didn't get the Blueno treatment, the Minks probably wouldn't have cleared Level 5 if he was there. What happened to this big guy?

Ace leaves Wano with Tama's strawhat on one hand, a vivre card made by Yamato on the other. That's how you know Ace could never be a one-woman man. Ace and Yamato both reference the secret dream Luffy and Roger share. This was set up as far back as Sabaody when Rayleigh told Luffy about Shanks:
According to Shanks, Luffy most likely repeated something word-for-word that only Captain Roger would ever say. That must be real reason he passed down Roger's Strawhat given Luffy inherited his will. The reaction this dream gets doesn't make me think it's something serious like Luffy's view on justice or morality, but probably some kind of joke that ties into Laugh Tale. Maybe those hungry for power or fortune will be dissapointed by what Joyboy left behind, while Roger and Luffy find exactly what they were looking for.

If it's 5 versus 2, never bet on Kaido. The theme on the back of everyone's minds has finally come to the forefront: the new generation surpassing the old. The real reason Marco is avoiding Kaido and always gushing about eras. Wano is the ideal arc to see the new era rise as Shanks became Yonko only 6 years ago and Blackbeard is himself Worst Generation. Oden wasn't specifically predicting the arrival of the next Joyboy, but rather a whole new crop of powerful rookies. He's no prophet as he technically missed the Worst Generation by two years. If Oden's Samurai weren't up to the task, that brings up an old question of who will be the 9 shadows that prevail over Kaido? Maybe 9 members of the New Generation as Luffy/Kid/Killer/Law/Zoro already makes 5. Is Yamato considered new generation? The Scabbards all get spared and sent to clean up duty below with the Minks. Time to rest and recuperate in the same tub as Jack.

How it started:

How it's going:

There's your Pirate King, chief. For Luffy to ignore two Yonko for Kin'emon then bring Kaido down with a flaming G3 to the damn face is devastating. Imagine the next level G4 then whatever new power up Luffy is hiding this time. I saw this as the last chance to info dump until the end of Act 3 or Kaido's flashback. Whether its on the rooftop or the Tobiroppo below, we're looking at a lot of fights ready to unfold and then whatever Yamato is up to. Remembering when Kaido dropped in on Kid/Killer/Hawkins/Apoo and their full crews, they honestly had a better chance of victory than I give the 5 standing before not one but two Yonko right now. I don't know what kind of insanity Oda is planning to not just have two Yonko wipe out the Supernovas and close Act 3. I'm just thrilled to see Law, Kid and Killer in action, along with the new and improved Luffy and Zoro.

Last edited:

The moment when both Kaido and Big mom slighty understand the potential and danger threat of Luffy, this going be a insane fight.
Big mom is surprise that Kaido actually get hurt by the punch, with show how insane a jump Luffy make though all the weeks who pass since Wci. The current Luffy and the Luffy who arrive at Wci, a big large gap!!

FS and Advanced CoA + New G4 form will do great damage on the Yonkous, but will it work to defeat them?
We will see.

And as expected we get another Ace and Yamato flashback about that inherited will and Luffy and Roger parrallel, how predictable and unsurprising.

Marco blocks King and Queen and sent Zoro to the roof, the Calamities are really not treated well and it's kinda frustrating. It also looks like Marco hasn't fought them before hence their surprise about his supposed "invincibility".

And we finally get to see Luffy injure Kaido with advanced Coa and to get again the repetitive and annoying "I am going to be the Pirate King" speech, that's one I didn't miss to be honnest, but things are certainely not going to look good for Luffy and the Supernovas for too long until Kaido and BM get really serious and turn the tides on them though we may get to see (again) the same thing that with the Scabbards injuring Kaido and looking good for several chapters despite being obviously out of their league.

Not a particulary surprising or interesting 1000th chapter, it was really predictable.

Status
Not open for further replies.