rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace's flashback was actually pretty great.
Not only did it reaffirm his faith in Luffy, but him unknowingly saying he was impressed by his father's words and would want a drink with me choked me up a bit.

Luffy was amazing in this chapter, calmly dodging Kaido's attack and lighting Kaido up, only to calmly reset his Strawhat afterwards.

People say this is underwhelming for 1000 but the chapter has HUGE implications for the EoS.

The fact that Ace is separating and reaffirming Luffy's dream NOT just being PK, but this other, seemingly bigger dream is super important. Its something Roger even wanted to do.

Its something that also truly supports the idea that Laugh Tale/Luffy becoming PK/Finding One Piece is NOT the end of the series. Its not Luffy's final goal. It's what he does with that goal to achieve his actual, true goal in the series.

Killer the unheralded winner of this chapter tbh, given how he’s been (unjustly) slaughtered so much.

I think you’ll find that’s the five strongest Worst Gen on the roof, bar Blackbeard
This line up might in part be for symbolism, to have the "not quite Yonko yet" Luffy and Kidd have their First Mates support them in this initial clash with the Yonko Big Mom and Kaido for the 1000th milestone One Piece chapter.

People say this is underwhelming for 1000 but the chapter has HUGE implications for the EoS.

The fact that Ace is separating and reaffirming Luffy's dream NOT just being PK, but this other, seemingly bigger dream is super important. Its something Roger even wanted to do.

Its something that also truly supports the idea that Laugh Tale/Luffy becoming PK/Finding One Piece is NOT the end of the series. Its not Luffy's final goal. It's what he does with that goal to achieve his actual, true goal in the series.
It's likely Toppling the World Government

Garp the Fist

Bwahahahaha
β€Ž

We knew all that though

It certainly is symbolism, but that’s still symbolism strong enough for me to put Killer above the others
I don't know if it's meant entirely as such when comparing him as a subordinate supporting a Captain on top, vs other Captains that don't get to be on top.

Anyway, i do think that Killer will make a much stronger impression than he did in the first Wano acts now that he's back on the right track in every way, and if i were to guess i would find it fairly likely that he's indeed in the upper half of the Supernova in terms of strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.