rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace could have revealed the dream of Luffy and that way flashback could have gotten more depth and more importantly this could have become even more better for this chapter and added more flavor to the chapter and to the character of Luffy....
Eh I think this is another one of Oda’s things to build intrigue around Luffy. Although in this case we have zero ideas on what it could be. The road to Raftel, and maybe God Valley itself will shed some light on it

Well of course black blades aren’t aesthetic. Tenguyama says swords actually rise in rank when they get turned black

but that’s thing, he says “when they get turned black”... There is no given distinction for what happens “when close to turning black”

you are making two assumptions. That there is a distinction made for when a sword is close to tuning black (which there isn’t as of yet) and that Enma specifically is the closest to this.

remember Enma’s only “special” for the haki draining thing. And Enma could do that FROM THE START. as in right after Enma was made, it could already drain people. The “special” quality Enma has has nothing to do with whether it’s closer to turning black. It’s just how the sword was made.

Anyway, we’ve exhausted this. My point stands that you are making too many assumptions about how this stuff works and even ignoring how Oden uses Enma for whatever reason to show that Zoro relies more on Enma than Oden does. I’m assuming because Zoro is weaker than Oden to you and there’s no way he should be able to use Enma like Oden.

mid this is your reasoning then I can’t change your mind. We’ll wait and see whether Zoro has special Enma reliance
I'm saying that dealing with Enma's special quality get's you closer to being able to turn a blade black, and doing the training with Enma to get to that point is what furthers the process with it more than with another blade.

I mean it's not a controversial point to say that Enma was hyped as the sword that hurt Kaido, and a significat part of the narrative that Zoro will open Kaido's scar has to do with the fact that he is wielding Enma, and did a specific training that could only be done in that manner with Enma.

That's certainly not bringing Enma into this discussion and thinking there will be more to it than his other blades out of nowhere.

Eh I would hold back on saying Luffy is Yonko level. I don't think he's that strong yet, otherwise I mean how else can he grow from here on out? Right now I'd probably place him around Admiral level. He's a top tier, but not top of the top tier yet. I could see Luffy getting a good beat down while the other Supernovas battle Kaido, and then Luffy comes in for the killing blow at the flower capital. After this arc is over though, I could see Luffy and Kidd replacing Kaido and Big Mom as Yonko members by the world government.

Calling it now the next few chapters will follow the calamities and the other people in the Performance hall. Then we’ll get anothh he er double spread in a chapter titled “The Nine Shadows” with all nine people on the roof
Post automatically merged:

So only 4 left for the 9 that defeat Kaido

place your bets, mine are Sanji Jinbei Brook and Robin join the roof after their fights
Sanji Bepo Jinbe and Yamato

So is Red Rock stronger than Kong Gun? Kong Organ > Kong Gun overall, but I suspect KG has much more impact in 1 hit, since you're putting all your effort into 1 hit. We're yet to see a clean Kong Gun to Kaido's face.

I also wonder if he's using advanced CoA...

Eh I would hold back on saying Luffy is Yonko level. I don't think he's that strong yet, otherwise I mean how else can he grow from here on out? Right now I'd probably place him around Admiral level. He's a top tier, but not top of the top tier yet. I could see Luffy getting a good beat down while the other Supernovas battle Kaido, and then Luffy comes in for the killing blow at the flower capital. After this arc is over though, I could see Luffy and Kidd replacing Kaido and Big Mom as Yonko members by the world government.
What do you mean how can he grow? PK > Yonko. He said it himself. We're not saying he's PK level.

So I am 99.9 percent certain that Kaido and Big Mom, saw Roger in Luffy at the end of the chapter. If you think about it, a lot of the build up of this chapter was about how Luffy said the same thing Roger said. It's pretty subtle, but if you look at the last page, and specifically the last couple panels, you can see that, that is what is going on.

Big Mom starts to mock Kaido for allowing Luffy to hit him. But then once Luffy states his name and says "I will surpass you", we cut to a silhouette of a man in a Straw Hat with both Big Mom and Kaido having a shocked look on their faces.

And then we get the close up of Luffy's face. The silhouette is definitely meant to be a representation of Roger in that moment.

Honestly, the way Oda structured this chapter is amazing. I can't wait to get a better translation of it, as I am sure it's going to fit together even better.

I am not disappointed in this chapter in the slightest. It's not what people were expecting, but god damn did Oda take his time with this chapter to set everything up to one hell of an ending.

So I am 99.9 percent certain that Kaido and Big Mom, saw Roger in Luffy at the end of the chapter. If you think about it, a lot of the build up of this chapter was about how Luffy said the same thing Roger said. It's pretty subtle, but if you look at the last page, and specifically the last couple panels, you can see that, that is what is going on.

Big Mom starts to mock Kaido for allowing Luffy to hit him. But then once Luffy states his name and says "I will surpass you", we cut to a silhouette of a man in a Straw Hat with both Big Mom and Kaido having a shocked look on their faces.

And then we get the close up of Luffy's face. The silhouette is definitely meant to be a representation of Roger in that moment.

Honestly, the way Oda structured this chapter is amazing. I can't wait to get a better translation of it, as I am sure it's going to fit together even better.

I am not disappointed in this chapter in the slightest. It's not what people were expecting, but god damn did Oda take his time with this chapter to set everything up to one hell of an ending.
I think she was just shocked at Kaido being hurt. I don't know if BM or Kaido really know Roger all that well.

You’re overthinking it. That’s the same dark shading oda used before zoro sliced apoo. It’s just oda showing the two most powerful Wg members on the island in cool settings

I love how the people changed through Wano.

At the beginning. No way Zoro and Sanji can beat a YC ala King alone. It would be shit and stupid.

Now Zoro is top tier... King fodder and Sanji can beat him or Queen without people crying while Zoro will cut off Kaidou as predicted.

:stealthblack:
lmao for real. People were adamant Zoro and Sanji weren't YC level and that there's no way they were going to fight a YC without help. Now it's a foregone conclusion that they're already stronger without even fighting yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.