rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
He doesn’t need them, was Luffy not stronger than the Amazon Lily chicks who could use Armament and Observation Haki when he had no haki himself? Having better haki doesn’t mean you’re stronger than someone else.
Having better haki doesn't mean you're stronger yes. But this is a very very wild take. Luffy had extreme mastery over his devil fruit back then when he faced those 2 at Amazon. But do you really think Kid (who has not shown any credible mastery over his fruit apart from tele kinesis and making huge metal arms) would defeat 2 Yonkos and luffy without any haki mastery or some hax powers like kaido's and big mom's invincibility? And heck his fruit isn't even some hax devil fruit like law's.

Kid = Luffy is giving Kid the benefit of the doubt. I won’t disagree but I will think of it as a hot take

Also paper, what did you think of Kids comment at the others when he got to the top
Kids comment, while it sounds cocky, is exactly the thing Luffy says as an underdog against his opponents. So far Kid is the only new generation pirate:

- To have a significant Supernova subordinate, like Luffy.

- Has only lost to Yonko crews. He has not experienced other losses outside of this. Most important, he has NOT subjugated to those crews, unlike Hawkins, Bege, Apoo and Drake (though Drake had an ulterior motive, so did Bege in a way). Whats vital is that Kidd NEVER let Yonko take control of him and never tried to use it as an advantage. This is 100% like Luffy

- He absolutely despised Apoo for betraying him. He clearly takes alliances very seriously

- Had a whole moment with Killer where he describes how he won't forgive anyone who laughs at him or Killer's dreams

- Has been heavily part of Luffy's opposite the entire arc. End of Act 1 ends with them meeting. Act 2 is partly composed of them doing stupid shit competitively. Act 3 has them race to Onigashima lol. The fact that there are Yonko to potentially defeat, provides evidence that is possible Kid surpasses a Yonko just as Luffy does.

All I'm saying is for people to be patient. He clearly chose these 5 to fight 2 Yonko, but in the end I think it will end up being Luffy and Kid, the 2 characters who were actually central to defeating Yonko this arc, truly. We can say all we want about Zoro, but I highly doubt he was ever poised to surpass a Yonko beyond hurting Kaido or even killing Kaido ONCE he's been defeated already by Luffy.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Am i the only one who feels that once momo joins the crew, both carrot and yamato would join as retainers? Iirc oden had inu, neko and izo travel along with him on rogers ship.
This would be the only way to satisfy damn near everyone in the fandom, and honestly would make a lot of sense when paralleled with Oden’s own journey :christindeed::christindeed::christindeed:

This is Kid’s spotlight, the other stuff didn’t matter. Isn’t it interesting then that Kid who had so little panel time is here staring down two yonko while the scabbards who hogged panel time the entire arc are now laid out? Clearly this is the equivalent of Blackbeard showing up in Marineford to kill Whitebeard, I’m calling it.

Kid will kill Kaido and he’s going to whoop Luffy’s ass after he’s done.
He doesn’t need them, was Luffy not stronger than the Amazon Lily chicks who could use Armament and Observation Haki when he had no haki himself? Having better haki doesn’t mean you’re stronger than someone else.
sccabards were always meant to lose

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Been 300 chapters since the dude expressed his desire to become Shogun
yeah but i dont think anyone would allow an 8 year old to rule tho let alone right after a tyrant is deposed. hiyori, who spent the last 20 years in wano and knows the struggle the people went through, is better poised to rule imo. momo could join the crew as a cabin boy then to travel the world and grow as a person before returning to rule wano.

Stop assuming you know how strong Kidd is. He has only fought against top tiers that everyone knows he would lose against post timeskip. His run in with the Sweet Commander was almost two years ago and he won that exchange if you ask me. He stole something and left which means the injury had to be significant enough to make the commander stop following him.

Law and Killer don’t have to be heavy hitters, they can play support for the heavy hitters like Luffy and Kidd.
You know I like Kid, but Imagine downplaying a man with a 5 billion dollar fruit who is your Cap’s only hope for any equality with Luffy at all

seeing as Kidd has done nothing on screen including this chapter where’s he’s just yapping

laws about to lebron James this joint start dishing and dunking

He might not even have to move from his perch on the rock to do it :steef:

he can do it all MVP

yeah but i dont think anyone would allow an 8 year old to rule tho let alone right after a tyrant is deposed. hiyori, who spent the last 20 years in wano and knows the struggle the people went through, is better poised to rule imo. momo could join the crew as a cabin boy then to travel the world and grow as a person before returning to rule wano.
Have you missed whole Wa No bowing their heads to him. They ain´t accepting a girl who has been known as a prositute.
Shogun is a ceremonial position, it´s obvious Denjiro is gonna be the day to day administrator.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Have you missed whole Wa No bowing their heads to him. They ain´t accepting a girl who has been known as a prositute.
Shogun is a ceremonial position, it´s obvious Denjiro is gonna be the day to day administrator.
Wasnt it just them realizing that the Kozuki bloodline lives and isn't dead yet? And even momo states in the panel that they're bowing down to the memory of his dad and not him. Also i think the only reason why hiyori didn't reveal herself and rally the forces around her was because of denjiro's suspicions of a traitor amongst the akazaya 9.

I dont think they would have any issues with her posing as a prostitute. They really didn't seem to care when they all wept for her after denjiro supposedly killed her.
Post automatically merged:

Kids comment, while it sounds cocky, is exactly the thing Luffy says as an underdog against his opponents. So far Kid is the only new generation pirate:

- To have a significant Supernova subordinate, like Luffy.

- Has only lost to Yonko crews. He has not experienced other losses outside of this. Most important, he has NOT subjugated to those crews, unlike Hawkins, Bege, Apoo and Drake (though Drake had an ulterior motive, so did Bege in a way). Whats vital is that Kidd NEVER let Yonko take control of him and never tried to use it as an advantage. This is 100% like Luffy

- He absolutely despised Apoo for betraying him. He clearly takes alliances very seriously

- Had a whole moment with Killer where he describes how he won't forgive anyone who laughs at him or Killer's dreams

- Has been heavily part of Luffy's opposite the entire arc. End of Act 1 ends with them meeting. Act 2 is partly composed of them doing stupid shit competitively. Act 3 has them race to Onigashima lol. The fact that there are Yonko to potentially defeat, provides evidence that is possible Kid surpasses a Yonko just as Luffy does.

All I'm saying is for people to be patient. He clearly chose these 5 to fight 2 Yonko, but in the end I think it will end up being Luffy and Kid, the 2 characters who were actually central to defeating Yonko this arc, truly. We can say all we want about Zoro, but I highly doubt he was ever poised to surpass a Yonko beyond hurting Kaido or even killing Kaido ONCE he's been defeated already by Luffy.
I agree. I also feel that too many people are jumping the gun on power scaling based on a single chapter or a single panel's worth of content. A better way would be to wait for the battle to end and then draw conclusions.

Last edited:
Wasnt it just them realizing that the Kozuki bloodline lives and isn't dead yet? And even momo states in the panel that they're bowing down to the memory of his dad and not him. Also i think the only reason why hiyori didn't reveal herself and rally the forces around her was because of denjiro's suspicions of a traitor amongst the akazaya 9.

I dont think they would have any issues with her posing as a prostitute. They really didn't seem to care when they all wept for her after denjiro supposedly killed her.
Momo is the symbol of Kozuki and the one who motivated them to stand up and fight.
In their eyes, he is the one inheriting Oden´s will.
Momo is expressing his own doubts because he does not see himself ready, but he is still pushing himself being worthy of that burden, as he states himself, do not cower before it.

Yes, they would have double the problem, first this is feudal Japan and she is a girl.
Whereas there are countless examples of young children taking up the Shogun position in history, with Ietsuna being one of the most famous ones.
You are saying that Oda is gonna forsake all this because of things you see as a problem but was never treated so in the story.

Momo is the symbol of Kozuki and the one who motivated them to stand up and fight.
Momo is expressing his own doubts because he does not see himself ready, but he is still pushing himself being worthy of that burden, as he states himself, do not cower before it.

Yes, they would have double the problem, first this is feudal Japan and she is a girl.
Whereas there are countless examples of young children taking up the Shogun position in history, with Ietsuna being one of the most famous ones.
You are saying that Oda is gonna forsake all this because of things you see as a problem but was never treated so in the story.
regents can rule in momos place as sails with the SH
Until he came of age, five regents were to rule in his place, but Shogun Ietsuna nevertheless assumed a role as formal head of the bakufu bureaucracy.

In this period, regents exercised power in the shogun's name.[1] These were Sakai Tadakatsu, Sakai Tadakiyo, Inaba Masanori, Matsudaira Nobutsuna (a distant member of the Tokugawa), and one other. In addition to this regency, Iemitsu handpicked his half-brother, Hoshina Masayuki.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince

Yeah the argument for momo taking over as shogun definitely holds weight. I still feel that regardless of that both carrot and yamato would join the crew. However I dont think Hiyori would be stopped just because she's a girl tho. Agreed wano is based on feudal japan but oda went out of his way to make a yakuza boss a woman. Let's see tho who knows oda might still surprise us with a twist or another.

Kid was never portrayed as a Whitebeard figure. He was portrayed as someone constantly losing. Law went under Luffys wing. Even this Chapter he was commanded by Luffy. Luffy will surpass these two Yonkos.
And Zoro all throughout Wano has received special treatment and has more ties to Wano than any other character barring Luffy.

Your headcanon is quite pathetic and I pity you for reading this great section of the story with such a narrow vision. :zosleepy:

But hey, :kayneshrug::myman: to each their own right? :cheers:

Zoro fans got the last laugh anyways
All I know is I’m so exited to see this fight. Turn up :cheers::cheers:

How so..??? Jack took out almost all of the Shulong Minks (the strongest force of Rebels) along with fodders and a single Number and still had enough to go against the Shulong Dukes. Even Kaido praised him, same Kaido who called Joker a weakling.
As for King and Queen, if its for being held back by Marco then you really missed out Marineford arc. He took on all three Admirals and directly clashed with Akainu's Magma and Tanked Kizaru's Laser beams. Post war he fought 2 DF Teach and still is alive. Lately, he even clashed with a Yonko Big Mom. And I'm sure none of the Kaido's top men come even close to those mentioned above. So, it's not disappointing to see Marco stall King and Queen for few minutes.:phoenixmarco:
Jack has been the best of the bunch, but as far king/queen they’ve done absolutely nothing substantial since the raid started. After this chapter I still don’t believe Marco is even that much stronger then them just that they’ve put up hardly any resistance to the alliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.