Enel
Blueno
Lucci
Moria
Doffy
Katakuri

Stop reading 6 piece

And thats only couting luffy fights
I think you are lacking in a bit of what the argument is .
first you have to understand and process what is being said
before you formulate a response .

the reaction to gags are simply a trigger to a more general problem with the arc
lack of tension in the war. its not simply , oh there's a gag that bad. this was my original comment .
yeah tension is zero here
but there's still some hope .
making gag faces after an attack by one of them isnt a good sign regardless.
but go off tho

*pull ups mic*

THE FIGHTS HAD GAGS IN THE PAST BUT THEY HAD STAKES AND TENSIONS RISING THROUGH THE ARC, THUS THE GAGS WERE FINE.

WHEN YOU HAVE AN ENTIRE ARC IN WHICH IT SEEMS LIKE THE SHS WENT THROUGH A VACATION AND ADD TO IT GAGS LIKE THIS THAT'S WHEN IT BECOMES JARRING.
HAHAHAHAHA wtf, Thats he way you seeing It, not what actually is happening. Your opinion os not a fact,and gags always made part of the fights.

You can cry about It ALL you want, you Just wrong.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness
Queen was also the one who made Sanji use the RS for the first time by sending his men after him, and took notice of his bounty poster among the SH's, recognizing his family name and talking about Judge as someone he potentially knew on a personal level.
Another thing is that the plague bullets shouldn't do too much to Sanji anyways for he has fire. It should stop or slow down any poison build up. Sanji's big battles usually goes like:
-They fight evenly
-Sanji starts winning
-Opponent uses BS to gain the advantage
-Sanji uses his wit to overcome said BS and wins

Question is what kind of foul play Queen would attempt. Mr2 turned into Nami. Jabra lied about being Robin's sister. Sanji had to protect Nami from Absalom(though he was much weaker than Sanji)

I think you are lacking in a bit of what the argument is .
first you have to understand and process what is being said
before you formulate a response .

the reaction to gags are simply a trigger to a more general problem with the arc
lack of tension in the war. its not simply , oh there's a gag that bad. this was my original comment .

but go off tho
Thats the way YOU seeing It, i see the tension the same way as alabasta, skypea, thriler bark, with gags ALL over It and in the final battle with yet tension and serious part in It. Marine Ford has lots of gags with Buggy ALL the time, ALL over It too, even with serious characters as Mihawk and akainu.

I dont agree with you.

HAHAHAHAHA wtf, Thats he way you seeing It, not what actually is happening. Your opinion os not a fact,and gags always made part of the fights.

Can you exemplify a regular pattern of gags during fights that aren't idiosyncratic and equally reach characters of significantly different personalities and attitudes towards clowning in combat?
Post automatically merged:

People out there really thinking traveling the Grandline is a Seinen slider and EoS Luffy will rip Blackbeard in half and bathe in his blood or something, nothing in Wano will ever be worse or less tense than 3 admirals failing to kill a rookie that threw a log at them.
But those three admirals were ultimately aware of Luffy's trick and as soon as he moved over them Kizaru kicked him far from the platform. That was indeed tense.

Uncle Van

Taxes Are a Sickness

He was clearly talking about the gags on top of everything else that's happened so far. Marineford had plenty of gags and still had lots of tension. In Wano it's almost non existent for the SHs to be worried or doubt. The SHs heard that their captain got beaten and captured by Kaido and said whatever. If they casually think all is fine even when their captain gets knocked out, why should we worry or feel pressure?

WHo dismissed Kin'emon cutting fire? if anything him being there to stop Kaido's fire breath was the reason they could injure Kaido to at least some small degree..... Zoro being able to do it confirms he has the adv haki necessary to hurt Kaido, and that he is essential to take him down.
Trust me, there are people who downplay what kinemon did but freak out over zoro doing the exact same thing.

Thats the way YOU seeing It, i see the tension the same way as alabasta, skypea, thriler bark, with gags ALL over It and in the final battle with yet tension and serious part in It. Marine Ford has lots of gags with Buggy ALL the time, ALL over It too, even with serious characters as Mihawk and akainu.

I dont agree with you.
mf had lots of gags but the threat always still existed far more than what I see in this war.
I dont want you to agree with me mate
I dont care....
but if am quoted I will respond. its that simple.

thriller bark was more intense than wano so far tbh.

Can you exemplify a regular pattern of gags during fights that aren't idiosyncratic and equally reach characters of significantly different personalities and attitudes towards clowning in combat?
Post automatically merged:

But those three admirals were ultimately aware of Luffy's trick and as soon as he moved over them Kizaru kicked him far from the platform. That was indeed tense.
Theres nothing to say about what is happening this chapter, happens since ever.

Almost every Arc is Full of gags ALL over It, and the final fight always have gags too, and Well condesed with tension and serious parts. Was always like that.

it absolutely does
the whole point of facing tougher people is stakes get higher/more cost involved . that point was rammed in the moment they got into the new world. you cant expect the things to go the usual way it always has but if arlong is a viable comparison
this argument is null.

clearly stakes at the start of the story are relative to those near end game.

if you had read my original comment closely I did leave the door open for the arc to do better in that regard :shrugs:
but as of right now, it feels like a cake walk.
You can create tension and stakes in your very first battle. The hell are you talking about? Naruto and Sasuke had to face a high class Ninja in Zabuza at the start of the series and almost died. Lol Why do you think people have different arcs are people favorites. People think Arlong is the most emotional arc and great written.

People out there really thinking traveling the Grandline is a Seinen slider and EoS Luffy will rip Blackbeard in half and bathe in his blood or something, nothing in Wano will ever be worse or less tense than 3 admirals failing to kill a rookie that threw a log at them.
I suppose luffy's brother didnt die in his place
or he didnt end up with his only scar in the series
or he didnt require a doctor with a special df to keep him alive
or what luffy went through in that war didnt make him go on a 2 yr timeskip

:shrugs:

No one downplays kinemon cutting fire . You zoro haters are seriously getting ridiculous. Making up shit so that you can complain
How am I a zoro hater?
I can tell you wholeheartedly that zoro & sanji are both one of my least favorite strawhats so I have no bias or agenda to push when I talk about either character.

& if you honestly paid attention to anything I said regarding this chapter then you would know my only issue ( so far, until we actually get the chapter ) is Zoro randomly being able to cut fire.

Yes I know he wanted to learn it but I would've liked to see it, even if its just a panel of kinemon briefly explaining the concept or anything of the like to zoro

Theres nothing to say about what is happening this chapter, happens since ever.

Almost every Arc is Full of gags ALL over It, and the final fight always have gags too, and Well condesed with tension and serious parts. Was always like that.
"Was always like that" is an empty statement, hence why I asked you for a list of examples supporting that Oda indeed tends to generalize the same clownings to very different characters in terms of personality (some of them not even funny, like Law and Kid) in contexts of direct risk from the main villain of the arc.

mf had lots of gags but the threat always still existed far more than what I see in this war.
I dont want you to agree with me mate
I dont care....
but if am quoted I will respond. its that simple.

thriller bark was more intense than wano so far tbh.
Like i Said. Thats the way YOU seeing It.

I see tension, i see a vilain that killed the most important person in wano, that already One shoted luffy, that already defeated the 9 scabards ama Hope of people in wano, that killed cole blood the other vilains of the Arc Orochi, that imprision his own son.

I see tension with this Guy as enemy, you see whathever you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.