• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can luffy use ryou in g4
My guess is its a 4th G4 form.

Boundman is the all rounder
Tankman is defense
Snakeman is speed

The 4th form is attack and will depend on this new Haki, just like how he developed a new attack with it in G3. Id love to see a G2 form of it too or just base

Edit: it could also just be Gear 5. Who knows at this point. I assume Oda is saving Awakening though for the future

Luffy may not have used advanced haki. It's the beginning of the fight, with Oda trying to parallel Luffy's attacks to Kid and Law's in order to show them off, with them gradually weakening Kaido before Luffy's 1 on 1 against Kaido which will be brutal
So Red Roc was a normal G3 attack ?

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
Or it’s a PU, like the manga has presented twice now.... Seems Zoro fans want to create classifications that separate his earned PU, from sanji “unearned” PU. Other fan bases don’t care, we simply call it a PU an move on

:kayneshrug:
I don't care about "earned power up" vs "unearned power up", I think that's a stupid discussion.

I agree that Zoro would be stronger after mastering Enma, but he's not yet mastered Enma, so he isn't yet stronger. Read the below for a more detailed explanation.

If you get a DF is that a PU? Everybody will say yes. But it's not like you are able to controll it perfectly, you need time to learn and master it. Just because you have to get used to something, doesn't mean it's not a PU. So shusui was not a PU because Zoro had to get used to it? But it instantly made him stronger. The extra weight made his attacks more heavy and it literaly combined Zoro's attack and made it stronger. And that was the only time Zoro ever mentioned anything about needing to get used to it. After this, he had no problem with the sword. And this was literaly a few minutes after he got the blade.

With Enma, Zoro had over 1 weak of training time.

I guess G2/G3, DJ etc. are not PU's aswell, because they had to come up with these abilities and learn to use them. It's not like they just pulled them out of nowhere and could controll them.
Would a random normal sword boost Zoro as Enma did? Never.
See above. I'm not arguing about whether Enma is a power up or not.
  • Would Enma make Zoro stronger after mastering it?
    • Yes.
  • Has Zoro mastered Enma?
    • No.
  • Is current Zoro significantly stronger than before he traded Enma?
    • It doesn't yet appear to the case since he still hasn't mastered Enma.
    • Alternatively, we don't know to what extent Zoro's combat ability has changed. He may be weaker than his Shusui self, comparable in combat ability, or slightly stronger. What we do know is that he hasn't yet maximised the potential of Enma.
    • As Zoro uses Enma more in the battle, I expect him to acclimatise better and as he does so his combat ability will rise. Once he has fully acclimatised, he'll be significantly stronger.

Would a random normal sword boost Zoro as Enma did? Never.
Shusui is a better sword than Enma because it's a black blade in addition to being of the same grade. Mastering Enma is what makes Zoro stronger. It's otherwise an inferior sword to Shusui.

Enma is a high quality sword with magical abilities - you can't compare that to any sword.
All of Zoro's sword have their own quirks:
  • Sandai Kitetsu was exceedingly sharp to the extent that it cut more than Zoro intended to cut.
  • Shusui
    • Was exceptionally heavy
    • It produced much stronger air slashes.
      • The airslash of Shusui swallowed up the slashes of Zoro's other swords
    • Is exceptionally durable
      • It wouldn't bend even if a dinosaur stepped on it.
  • Enma
    • Forces the user to release excessive amounts of ryuo creating larger slashes
Once Zoro mastered those swords, he was able to tame their quirks.

If you get a DF is that a PU? Everybody will say yes. But it's not like you are able to controll it perfectly, you need time to learn and master it. Just because you have to get used to something, doesn't mean it's not a PU. So shusui was not a PU because Zoro had to get used to it? But it instantly made him stronger. The extra weight made his attacks more heavy and it literaly combined Zoro's attack and made it stronger. And that was the only time Zoro ever mentioned anything about needing to get used to it. After this, he had no problem with the sword. And this was literaly a few minutes after he got the blade.
The proper analogy wouldn't be acquiring a new devil fruit, but trading a powerful devil fruit for another powerful fruit. Yes you can become stronger after you've mastered the new powerful fruit, but until you master it you would be weaker than you were before.

With Enma, Zoro had over 1 weak of training time.
That 1 week of training time was clearly not enough to fully acclimatise to it in combat as we learn in this chapter.

At any rate, I don't think the power up vs no power up discussion is a sensible discussion. I don't think that's a sensible way to look at things. Zoro becomes stronger after mastering Enma. However, he has not yet done so, so he's not yet significantly stronger (I think it happens in this fight). Upon mastering Enma, if Zoro traded Enma for Shusui, he wouldn't become any weaker (in fact, he'll become stronger because Enma is a black blade). That's my position on it. Whether you call Enma a power up or not is not really my concern.

@Kuro Ashi the above is an elaboration of my views regarding whether Enma is a power up or not.

J

Jo_Ndule

"Luffy reads the future and dodges the attack but Kaidou is so fast that Luffy is partially hit again."

Kaido just demonstrated the counter to Future Sight hax, it can be overcome by sheer speed.

CC all Katakuri stans.
:milaugh:base luffy*

And luffy isn't like katakuri who can shapeshift

Dont compare luffy to katakuri

Actually Kaido was already fast by blitzing boundman. So yes his attack speed > Booundman

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Yeah remember when he train it well Hyo call him even out. Probably he use Kong Gun again but this time Kaido was prepared and take it with defense power. Or G3 Roc is above Kong gun lol.
Even after getting a hit from a Kong Gun? That's impressive. But why did Luffy's Red Roc damage Kaido much more than his G4th? Did he even use ryuo when he hit Kaido with a Kong Gun?
My guess is its a 4th G4 form.

Boundman is the all rounder
Tankman is defense
Snakeman is speed

The 4th form is attack and will depend on this new Haki, just like how he developed a new attack with it in G3. Id love to see a G2 form of it too or just base
I was just talking to @Mr. Anderson who bought up the same point

Maybe just like zoro still has more to show with enma luffy cant use ryou in g4 yet.

Because his kg did nothing

Yep
Rocks D. Dragon... hiding his real name
Admring Roger and taking Garp's name after marrying his daughter

Which also causes trouble for sabo and co
Dragon was naive in his plans
But his name is Monkey D. Dragon tho. I mean its possible like how we thought he was aces father(coz ace and luffy were bros) but later it was revealed that it was roger. Both their organisation/crew were called terrorists too

Status
Not open for further replies.