rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"well planned and thought out plot directions"
:cantseeme:

Imagine reading an Arc that is supposed to be a war arc, where 98% of the chapters have no action at all and then finaly reaching the final fight and not liking that we switch away from the action we waited almost 100 chapters for. Man...what kinda wanna be critic could say anything bad about that?!

What the fuck is wrong about wanting to see some action after reading nearly 100 chapters of build up? And then they say we care only about action because we want to see some fighting that isn't off screened and lasts atleast for 4 chapters?...
its really good and frankly you have a small pp

Why not both. Someone can like the new chapter or not, for that he can like the next chapter more.
Why hating against people own opinion about a manga? This Jason Klum dude and his simps lose their minds thinking they doing right things in name of Oda(im even sure Oda wouldn´t like his dumb comments) to defend every shit because people have own opinion?
why do you have such thin skin you get mad at people who like it lol. weak minded ppl have to make everything about them and cant stand disagreement. ppl go "i like the comic" and ppl go REEEEEEEEE NO IM BORED I WANT MY TENDIES NOWWWW

why do you have such thin skin you get mad at people who like it lol. weak minded ppl have to make everything about them and cant stand disagreement. ppl go "i like the comic" and ppl go REEEEEEEEE NO IM BORED I WANT MY TENDIES NOWWWW
Read my comment dude and stop writing such a bullshit. I didn't call out everyone who like the chapter. I rather said my opinion about the chapter. Many people did it too. The problem is more people who cannot accept any bad opinion about a chapter and call them out. If someone has a different opinion he should have it. Like or not, everyone has a pwn opinion. You misunderstand the whole post and point it like I having spmething against someone who like the chapter even though I never even said something about it. Either you try to defend your buddy or you simple not read and write such nonsense without thinking.

Daifugo's translation is the worst lmao
What does that even mean?

It goes from:
''Sorry about all that...I'm a changed man, so let's forget the past!'' - to this XD
water under the bridge is an english idiom meaning lets forget the past. cut me some slack is a similar phrase meaning excuse my behavior. hes trying to make it sound all casual and filled with slang.

ill be honest i dont like stephen pauls translations because he localizes too much and adds stuff when it doesnt exist in the original/removes shit that he shouldnt remove like the furigana on attack names and other names. like just write a fucking caption in small text under the main text. stop removing shit. oda chooses his words carefully and one piece is one series where translating literally would be ideal but even TCB does this stuff and editorializes. i swear to god im learning japanese just to read one piece for real finally
Post automatically merged:

the millet dumpling thing for kibi dango is so fucking stupid. like i know kibi dango are literally millet dumplings but its a specific local food with a name. its like translating sushi as "sour-tasting". why would you translate something thats just the actual name for food when theres no reason to ever do it that way lmao.

im surprised stephen paul didnt translate Oden and Momo that way and have Deputy Governor Peach go around crying about his dad Stew

Last edited:
Daifugo's translation is the worst lmao
What does that even mean?

It goes from:
''Sorry about all that...I'm a changed man, so let's forget the past!'' - to this XD
Those are common English expressions. Part of the issue is that Viz is harder to understand for non native speakers and the other issue is that Stephen isn't really the best at slang English imo.

Those are common English expressions. Part of the issue is that Viz is harder to understand for non native speakers and the other issue is that Stephen isn't really the best at slang English imo.
Whatever are you speaking of? As a fellow native English speaker I can confirm his colloquialisms are hip and up to date.

But honestly, his translations can feel stiff for a Shonen manga. Lol. He's kind of on the opposite end of the spectrum of Mangastream.

Status
Not open for further replies.