Status
Not open for further replies.
I just came in and from what I seen in recent chapters, more 'Zoro-Fans' on offensive while Sanji-Fans on defensive. I haven't seen anything about them going hard compare to that side. If they did that, then shouldn't have to begin with. We all know Zoro and Sanji can easily defeat fodders, but don't fight fire with fire otherwise it make you look bad by supporting 'Black Tooth' and now have eat your words.

I am neutral on this and like both sides, but don't believe in BS stuff being push here. Why can't we just be happy on liking both instead of constant war between both sides?
If you weren't there at the time then you wouldn't know what I am talking about. I was mocked for saying it's understandable for Zoro to be bruised by an army of elite fodders

Tbh though it goes both ways, a vicious cycle... Zoro fans say something to piss off Sanji Fans and vice versa.
Both just need to get along to be honest and not try to force who is better. Now see 'Zoro-Fans' saying he is even better than Luffy and attacking his fans. Now it becoming a more problematic on how far being take here.

If you weren't there at the time then you wouldn't know what I am talking about. I was mocked for saying it's understandable for Zoro to be bruised by an army of elite fodders
Sorry for that. I would have defend your side if knowing. I support performance on both characters. Not here on agenda on who is better. Also it's an Yonko army, no way they could solo everyone by themselves after all, but doesn't mean they are weak and unable to keep up though.

I always stood behind Zoro v King vecause of themes and patterns, which i value more than chapter by chapter circumstances, as well as my desire to see Oda properly map Zoro's path towards becoming the strongest Swordsman.

In terms of patterns, Zoro fights the strongest subordinate of the arc boss, which is a swordman, aka King.

In terms of themes, King is the badass archetype which fits for a Zoro opponent, as well as having Fire powers be defining for his character's strength/fame in an arc where Zoro just learned how to cut fire, after significant build up towards wishing to do so in Wano.

And then there's Zoro's road towards becoming the strongest Swordsman. We're nearing the final New Word arc and us reaching Raftel, and the only "Swordsman" of note Zoro has defeated in the New World is Pica.

We're standing in the country of Samurai, famed for their swordsmen. A country that gave Zoro Shisui, now Enma, and will likely give him a new Kitetsu sword. In this country of famed swordsmen, we're really not going to have Zoro defeat a single one in 1 vs 1 combat ??

That's just shitty. I'm personally not satisfied with this at all. You can have Zoro throw away his swords and 1 vs 1 punch Kaido to death, and it's still shitty to not have him get a 1 vs 1 fight against a Swordsman in Wano.

We're really going to reach Raftel and when looking back we will see the big statue guy as the only "Swordsman of note" Zoro managed to defeat. And i'm having such a hard time even qualifying Pica as a swordsman figh for Zoro.

Kaido has a strongest swordsman under him that fits in every single aspect to be Zoro's opponent. The only problem is getting them to face each other, because right now they are not at all on a straight track towards that.

And that's all on what Oda does next. But it's important to keep in mind that Oda does make abrupt changes to what appears to be a straightforward ride, and often doesn't require much direct build up for a particular fight to happen. He just shuffels things and creates events that alter what appears to be a straight course, and lead into less than expected outcomes.

Just now we're seeing him potentially force Marco into a 3 vs 1 situation that could remove him from the ongoing fights, and then what happens next ? Who would you think is a suitable opponent for King ?
With how long everything is going on and will be going on for the next year, I wouldn't doubt the possibility. I've always been in 2 mindsets:

- Brook either takes over the WsW fight from Jinbe, allowing Yamato (potentially), Jinbe, and Sanji into fight the Calamities. It seems that last chapter sort of disproves this but who knows what happens since Jinbe only is a floor above.

- Brook stays with Robin, leaving Jinbe with WsW, which only leaves Yamato and Sanji to fight Calamities. If, by some chance, the fight with Kaido shifts or postpones, there still is a chance Zoro and King encounter each other.

Regardless of peoples silly arguments like "Zoro vs King would be low diff now" or "NAH ONLY KAIDO" really only speak to their opinions on what they think is happening, just like us and those that still believe Zoro vs King "could" happen. Not that it HAS to, just that it CAN because we have no idea where the arc will be in 20 chapters anyway.

With people I interacted, you guys are pushing agenda especially thinking he couldn't beat fodder like 'Blacktooth' when that soon turn out to embarrassing when he soon got shown defeated later.

Sanji facing YC is going to happen and he is strong on his own. Makes me wonder what was everyone thoughts when Enies Lobby happen in similar situation to this. Zoro is YC lvl still, he is not above that as team fights =/= solo fight at all.
We where only saying that because Sanjistans kept saying Zoro was having a hard time against gifters....Then Blacktooth appeared stomping Sanji's head in the ground, showing what having a hard time against gifters was REALY like.
:suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure:
Now Zoro is fighting a yonko, while Sanjistans kept saying since the start of the arc retarded shit like "Zoro will Fight Orochi, Denjiro, Who's who, Jack, Queen while Sanji would 1v1 King". Now them fucks are begging for Sanji to take on Queen with Marco while he probably will get nerfed Jack as a fight. And you expect us not to make fun of the sanjitards after all the garbage they said through the entirety of the last two arcs?
:steef:

It seems to me that Oda think that Zoro’s growth to become the WSS does not need him to fight every swordsman in his road. Which is why he did not have extrem-diff/hard diff against a swordsman since the return of the time skip.

It seems that Zoro’s growth is compose of 3 axes:

-Develloping his Haki which we can see with him mastering Enma
-Develloping his physical strength which is shown by him having bigger and bigger AoE
-Zoro being able to cut more and more thing which we saw with him mastering the Kinetsubi ryu technic

Sadly, King will not help Zoro in any of those departments:kayneshrug:
See how you need to go to the other extreme to argue against my point here. I'm discussing Oda doing the bare minimum of giving Zoro one significant swordsman fight in the New World before we reach Raftel and fight Blackbeard's crew, and giving him said fight in the Land of Swordsmen pretty much, and you're countering that by saying that he should not have to fight "every single swordsmen".

It's arrogant to say that a Yonko First mate is not a suitable opponent to spur growth in a Zoro who's still in the process of mastering Enma. I'm pretty sure you get that feeling as well as you write that post.

It's also kind of funny how it's constantly argued that Zoro should get fights because that's his role, and his path is one that requires him to defeat strong opponents to become the strongest swordsman, and now we're fine with him not getting a 1 vs 1 fight, not defeating a single swordsman of note in Wano.

I just can't see how we are happy with that as fans of Zoro who want to see his journey towards becoming the WSS.

See how you need to go to the other extreme to argue against my point here. I'm discussing Oda doing the bare minimum of giving Zoro one significant swordsman fight in the New World before we reach Raftel and fight Blackbeard's crew, and giving him said fight in the Land of Swordsmen pretty much, and you're countering that by saying that he should not have to fight "every single swordsmen".

It's arrogant to say that a Yonko First mate is not a suitable opponent to spur growth in a Zoro who's still in the process of mastering Enma. I'm pretty sure you get that feeling as well as you write that post.

It's also kind of funny how it's constantly argued that Zoro should get fights because that's his role, and his path is one that requires him to defeat strong opponents to become the strongest swordsman, and now we're fine with him not getting a 1 vs 1 fight, not defeating a single swordsman of note in Wano.

I just can't see how we are happy with that as fans of Zoro who want to see his journey towards becoming the WSS.
Careful, I've gone down this road with them before. Apparently we aren't "true" Zoro fans because we want logical swordsman growth for the character.

One thing I never understood was this apparent mindset that in the arc Luffy is supposed to surpass and defeat a Yonko, Zoro is going to overshadow him instead lol. Oh well, just have to be patient and see what happens.

Zoro is better than luffy on roof top making him a superior fighter, Its true. Not attacking anyone by saying it just stating a factual statement.

And here's exactly what I mean. Right on queue too.

Its simple: Zoro fighting the bigger fish in the food chain, Automatically puts him above everyone beneath that fish. Its like saying why hes fighting a shark he needs to go through all types of weaker fish before. No need though, Zoros feats on roof top will top everything that he could have done on the groundlevel, By doing massive damage against kaido and big mom the top of the food chain.

Thats how we are very satisficed .
:myman:

We where only saying that because Sanjistans kept saying Zoro was having a hard time against gifters....Then Blacktooth appeared stomping Sanji's head in the ground, showing what having a hard time against gifters was REALY like.
:suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure::suresure:
Now Zoro is fighting a yonko, while Sanjistans kept saying since the start of the arc retarded shit like "Zoro will Fight Orochi, Denjiro, Who's who, Jack, Queen while Sanji would 1v1 King". Now them fucks are begging for Sanji to take on Queen with Marco while he probably will get nerfed Jack as a fight. And you expect us not to make fun of the sanjitards after all the garbage they said through the entirety of the last two arcs?
:steef:
If so, I can understand and would have defend as well. Though making same attempt now makes you guys look bad especially what happen to the 'blacktooth' guy later while Zoro didn't beat 'Beetle Gifter'. Now court is back on Zoro on his 'unfinished' fight. Just saying don't do same as someone else unless your ready for flag back if it goes back on you.

I mean Sanji vs YC is definite at this point and trying to downplay or think it won't happen is going to hurt you again just like I now seeing arguments about Zoro over Luffy and he will 'solo Kaido' when that is headcannon for miles than being a fact. You got call out your own then being hypocritical aiming just one side. You remove ground on your stance if you don't :kayneshrug:.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
In terms of patterns, Zoro fights the strongest subordinate of the arc boss, which is a swordman, aka King.
That is already debunked since he is fighting Kaido alongside Luffy and other Supernovas. It may still be a thing later on but you can put this idea into the bin.
In terms of themes, King is the badass archetype which fits for a Zoro opponent, as well as having Fire powers be defining for his character's strength/fame in an arc where Zoro just learned how to cut fire, after significant build up towards wishing to do so in Wano.
Whatever Zoro cut Kaido's Boro Breath. With fire cutting, King's fire techniques are pointless.
And then there's Zoro's road towards becoming the strongest Swordsman. We're nearing the final New Word arc and us reaching Raftel, and the only "Swordsman" of note Zoro has defeated in the New World is Pica.
He will dunk on Shiryu and Kizaru before Mihawk. Enough to satisfy everyone. Of course, Oda should focus more on Zoro fighting proper swordsmen but as I said. He has Shiryu and Kizaru on his path. It will be enough.
We're standing in the country of Samurai, famed for their swordsmen. A country that gave Zoro Shisui, now Enma, and will likely give him a new Kitetsu sword. In this country of famed swordsmen, we're really not going to have Zoro defeat a single one in 1 vs 1 combat ??
Shit happens. There is no good enough swordsman to pose a challenge to Zoro on Wano currently.
That's just shitty. I'm personally not satisfied with this at all. You can have Zoro throw away his swords and 1 vs 1 punch Kaido to death, and it's still shitty to not have him get a 1 vs 1 fight against a Swordsman in Wano.

We're really going to reach Raftel and when looking back we will see the big statue guy as the only "Swordsman of note" Zoro managed to defeat. And i'm having such a hard time even qualifying Pica as a swordsman figh for Zoro.
^^^ A bit above reply about Shiryu and Kizaru.
Kaido has a strongest swordsman under him that fits in every single aspect to be Zoro's opponent. The only problem is getting them to face each other, because right now they are not at all on a straight track towards that.
Whatever. It's just a missed chance. Zoro vs King should've happened before Zoro reached the roof. This idea is over.
And that's all on what Oda does next. But it's important to keep in mind that Oda does make abrupt changes to what appears to be a straightforward ride, and often doesn't require much direct build up for a particular fight to happen. He just shuffels things and creates events that alter what appears to be a straight course, and lead into less than expected outcomes.
It doesn't matter now. Oda won't push Zoro back from the roof just to satisfy some Sanji boys malice about Zoro not fighting Kaido when Luffy, Kidd, and Law do. Zoro is one of the main canon offensive-wise on the roof when it comes to damaging a Yonko. he can't just pull him off and made him dunk on King. It's pointless and retarded writing. This idea was good before he made the roof.
Just now we're seeing him potentially force Marco into a 3 vs 1 situation that could remove him from the ongoing fights, and then what happens next ? Who would you think is a suitable opponent for King ?
This is a fault on Oda's part because realistically. No one in the alliance can solo King or Queen or Jack. Sanji has trash ap and he can't solo a commander yet.

The fights with Calamities will be:
King vs Marco.
Queen vs Sanji and Drake ( + Apoo if he switches sides again. There is a motive since Queen trashed him and basically sent him to death ).
Yamato and Scabbards vs Jack.

Careful, I've gone down this road with them before. Apparently we aren't "true" Zoro fans because we want logical swordsman growth for the character.

One thing I never understood was this apparent mindset that in the arc Luffy is supposed to surpass and defeat a Yonko, Zoro is going to overshadow him instead lol. Oh well, just have to be patient and see what happens.

And here's exactly what I mean. Right on queue too.
It's not even about overshadowing Luffy.

I'm not even discussing this from power level perspective, or wanting to keep Zoro in check.

I think Zoro should both fight King, and open Kaido's scar and giving Luffy the biggest helping hand with that in defeating Kaido.

I want to get the swordsman fight, and the feat that puts Zoro on the path of surpassing Oden.

Zoro is better than luffy on roof top making him a superior fighter, Its true. Not attacking anyone by saying it just stating a factual statement.
Bruh, no. Stop get the help if you actually believe Zoro over Luffy. Luffy vs Kaido is set thing as much legends behind Luffy compare to a guy there due to Enma with having it's own mind judging how Kaido look at them differently by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.