Who is this "Oden"?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, they for sure have a replacement for one piece. Those big money guys at the top are not stupid, the have backups on backups ready to deploy. You can't even imagine how many young talented writers in a country with population of 126 million exist. All those writers keep sending their stories to publishers in an hope that they will accept it. The big money guys take those stories and keep'em in the backup rooms, in case things go wrong. One piece is already losing its popularity, slowly but surely one piece will fail to deliver considering Oda's stupid writing in past 10+ years. The quality of Oda's writing has gone down significantly since timskip (that's why Oda has been pushing fanservice so hard, cuz it sales). Naked Robin and Nami, shirtless Zoro and Sanji with musicals etc. Same thing can be said about confusing power scaling that is purely made to keep the audience busy arguing against each other so that they wouldn't pay attention to the poor writing quality. New characters like, Carrot, Yamato, Ulti, Black Maria etc. Are another way to keep this sinking ship floating little bit more, to squeeze more money, as long as they can.
And when the ship finally sinks they'll open the back up room and unveil new great story that will sale the fuck out of readers.
i agree completely, it seems that the series has lost it's identity since the timeskip happened, no adventures, no new discoveries, the interactions between the crew members is all over the place. i mean it's not even a battle oriented series and you can find that most of what people talk about is the powerscaling which oda intentionally left vague and confusing just to keep the series relevant.

Queen : There is no reason to hear ethics from a tanuki!
Queen : Who do you think I am ?

Bp 1 : Be careful Tanuki-san!

Queen : "Pleasures" ?
Bp 2 : Gyaahh
Bp 3 : It hurts!

Queen : What are you doing ? move away from there you fodders!

Bp 1 : Shut up Queen!
Bp 1 : My brothers are being killed because of you! They got saved by this Tanuki-san!
Bp 2 : Instead of getting killed by a crazy Chief, we ...

Bp 1 : prefer to ally and die for our saviour! isn't it guys ?

BP 2 : Me too!
Bp 3 : Thanks tanuki!

Bp ? : Fuck off Queen!

Queen : You ....!

Marco : Well done Tanuki!
Queen : Guah!

Marco : Give up!

Chopper : Thanks Marco! But I have another thing to say ...!!
Chopper : Rumble!

Chopper : ... I'm not a fucking Tanuki (racoon dog)!
Queen : Buahh!

Everyone : SORRY for everything!!!
I hope this makes it clear to people that Queen is apart of Chopper's plotline, along with Drake. Its downright disrespectful for Sanji to interfere now. Not that he had any interest in him anyways. This plotline against Queen is for all the prisoners in Udon and all the pleasures and waiters that got fuked up due to the Oni gas. Drake, Chopper, and potentially Apoo and Hawkins will lead this fight.

With a suprise guest of O-Lin who will do the most damage to Queen.

i agree completely, it seems that the series has lost it's identity since the timeskip happened, no adventures, no new discoveries, the interactions between the crew members is all over the place. i mean it's not even a battle oriented series and you can find that most of what people talk about is the powerscaling which oda intentionally left vague and confusing just to keep the series relevant.
One Piece Should be about the adventure

The Focus on Fights made it worse because Oda sucks at fights

Naa
One piece's popularity has been the same since the 90s. And I don't think it will lose it. If the Japanese love something they love it forever like Dragon ball and Godzilla.
I just hope for Oda to stop wasting panels so we can quickly finish Wano and get to the final arc.
That's correct, fanservice is a great tool to boost the sales, it works 10 out 10 no matter what people say. But there's a limit, one piece will never lose its popularity to a point when you can see it with a naked eye, but the company will keep losing money since the 'buying audience' will go to pirate sites instead of spending his money. When the reader gets desipointed in a story he doesn't quite it but rather stops spending money on it. Let me ask you this; how many people in this forum buy the chapters weak by weak? Now you see the problem.

Translation: “Hi I’m Oda, Are you enjoying Jump Festa? I’m watching OP Super Stage with you. Its fun, indeed. Actually, I visit Jump Festa every year to have dinner with Strawhat’s VA after Jump Festa.

By the way, One Piece will finally enter Wano Arc next year!! (cheers!!) Some well-informed audience might think, “You said the same thing last year, right?” Yes, I did say that because I thought OP would be able to enter Wano in 2017. This time, I’d like to add new information.

I’ll introduce one of the legends that lurks in the One Piece world. The greatest enemy ever for the Strawhats will hinder them on their journey. Perhaps it will be something related to Whitebeard. Oops, it seems I’m being too talkative. Can you believe Marineford Summit War will look “cute” compared to that?

Anyway, there are tons of stuff that I wanna draw next year as well. I’ll keep moving forward with my full force! I’m sure you’re gonna love it!

-Eiichiro Oda”

from yonkou on tumblr. he said he was adding new information because he said the same thing about Wano last year, then said he's going to introduce a character who might be related to whitebeard who will be the straw hats greatest enemy, making marineford look cute. its after he said something about wano but it isnt actually about wano.
This could very much relate to the fact that the Blackbeard Pirates are on the move right now and may relate to a Rox flashback

It's easy to forget that Chopper is still capable of fighting and having cool moments.
Sad to think there's probably no one he can fight one on one this arc.
Unless maybe he awakens or something and defeats uh,
Page One :pagemoji:
I’d say Drake would be cool if he somehow loses his mind other than that I can only consider Queen and Apoo vs Drake and Chopper...

Honestly Sanji vs King will be the only good fight this arc, if it ends up being a full solo fight. All the high lvl fights are all team battles...so I just hope Oda gives it like 5 chaps + or something to Sanji vs King...since this is a YC1 here.

for those who belive it s katerina devon because of the pose
it s clear that s the real oden
Or at least someone who knows him. This is why I can entirely be Kanjuro.

I was thinking a temporarily time displaced Oden would be possible too but....:

- Anything after his boiling makes zero sense for Toki to send him to the future. He was confirmed dead by multiple villains there. Yamato even confirmed his death and her whole character is essentially his living will. Toki was all the way in Kuri and was crying from his final letter.

- If it's before his fight with Kaido that he was "sent" to the future, he would have Enma and Ame, regardless of the fact that they already exist in the future, because he fought Kaido with them

- The fact that this person opened the door, leads me to believe that not a "past" projection of Oden from Toki at all, should he even be able to interact with physical objects then?

I feel like it being truly Oden (alive or a projection from some other point in time) makes it WAY to confusing to explain to people what's going on. This I feel Kanjuro is the most likely bet, followed by maybe Toki or Hiyori, but they could just play roles later. Onimaru to me makes no sense because he doesn't know Oden really. He was loyal to Ushimaru and knew Kawamatsu only. Its not like he knew how Oden acted around his retainers.

Tldr: My best bet is Kanjuro trying to "fit in" with the scabbards because he has nowhere left to go. We will get a gag and someone will beat his ass for doing said gag, then he will apologize saying he wants to live for real now. Toki could be there too, maybe she convinced Kanjuro to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.