ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1008: HEAD OF THE ATAMAYAMA THIEVES, ASHURA DOUJI

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy is huffing directly after getting slammed into a wall, Zoro is huffing while talking.
Luffy is brimming with confidence to the point of exciting Kaido.

Luffy is the only man on the island with future sight and internal destruction (fundamental abilities that the other top tiers on the island don't have). Luffy is top tier in G4, while he can maintain it actually being stronger than these two, causing BM to be powerless to protect Kaido from being pummelled as a sandbag. Luffy as a pseudo top tier is in a better place than any of the other SNs, as it should be considering he will be the pirate king.
No one cares, he's still huffing and gasping.

This chapter outs thing into perspective regarding the SN's and the Yonko's... its also did a great job in dealing with the Oden plot by making Kanjuro the perpetrator and the mastermind in a very satisfactory manner, hence proving my theory correct and the arguments i made regarding the theory. This chapter now has introduced a new plots which is kanjuro's plot and Inu's fights with Jack which is honestly very decent.

Momo is shown to use the voice of all things yet again to assess luffy's condition that was a nice addition, and Orochi is revived no surprise there he holds a grudge against everyone and vows to slaughter everyone in the castle, so yes Orochi is the 3rd party in grand scheme of things.

Moving back to the roof, now that we are given the portrayal and perspective of power difference in the Yonko's and SN's..
i believe the SN's will have to surpass their boundaries to win this one, its an arduously extreme diff fight, and from SN's dialog its seems like any attack they execute is in vain.

All in all a satisfactory chapter, i wished that Sanji's plot to progress but nah it eez what it eez, 4 stars
I really like kinemon's denial face lmao.
shades of agni

Luffy is getting stomped in a 1v1 against Kaido, saying otherwise is utter delusion.
Luffy's isn't even in grear 4 atm wait till he uses ACoA with it....

Luffy stood nit a cup of tea against katakuri.. he had to find a way to counter his ACoO... but he landed his first hit on Katakuri.. and thaty was a game changer.. and now luffy has landed a Red Roc on kaidoand now can can use his AcoA to deflect it potentially .... and the tides of this battle have yet to turn... but luffy defo needs support with this one..

Luffy would be dead in a pure 1 v 1
No he wouldn't. Show me anything that overcomes a internal destruction infused Georex Bazooka like attack from Kaido's current attacks.

This is the endgame of the arc, where Luffy isn't plot nerfed (as he was in round 1 of Crocodile, Lucci and Kaido).

He has shown the ability to switch in and out of G4, if he uses that tactically he can beat current Kaido in a prolonged conflict rather than blowing his load for the spectacle to avoid BM interfering. I say "current" Kaido because he probably has awakening as a trump card, which Luffy will need a trump card of his own to overcome, probably in the form of his own awakening.

Luffy can't deal with BM pot shot sneak attacks in base the same way that Kaido can deal with completely ineffective non damaging sneak attacks from the SNs.

Luffy's isn't even in grear 4 atm wait till he uses ACoA with it....

Luffy stood nit a cup of tea against katakuri.. he had to find a way to counter his ACoO... but he landed his first hit on Katakuri.. and thaty was a game changer.. and now luffy has landed a Red Roc on kaidoand now can can use his AcoA to deflect it potentially .... and the tides of this battle have yet to turn... but luffy defo needs support with this one..
You need to stop pretending to be a Zoro fan if you think Zoro is going to be "support" in this fight. Luffy is getting spanked if Zoro doesn't fight alongside him.

No he wouldn't. Show me anything that overcomes a internal destruction infused Georex Bazooka like attack from Kaido's current attacks.

This is the endgame of the arc, where Luffy isn't plot nerfed (as he was in round 1 of Crocodile, Lucci and Kaido).

He has shown the ability to switch in and out of G4, if he uses that tactically he can beat current Kaido in a prolonged conflict rather than blowing his load for the spectacle to avoid BM interfering. I say "current" Kaido because he probably has awakening as a trump card, which Luffy will need a trump card of his own to overcome, probably in the form of his own awakening.

Luffy can't deal with BM pot shot sneak attacks in base the same way that Kaido can deal with completely ineffective non damaging sneak attacks from the SNs.
This is not end game arc, we still have Shanks, BB and World Government

Luffy gotten eatenband saved by Zoro. Luffy is getting help by 4 other people and haven't done much.

This is not end game arc, we still have Shanks, BB and World Government
endgame of the arc, not endgame of the story as a whole.
Post automatically merged:

Luffy gotten eatenband saved by Zoro. Luffy is getting help by 4 other people and haven't done much.
He got eaten because he relied on Zoro rather than running away by himself.

Luffy had to blow his load because he was alone VS TWO YONKO after FOUR OF THEM got knocked prone temporarily by BM all AT ONCE.
If he didn't gattling Kaido taking up precious time for them to recover then they would all have been killed by BM and Kaido.

You need to stop pretending to be a Zoro fan if you think Zoro is going to be "support" in this fight. Luffy is getting spanked if Zoro doesn't fight alongside him.
So being a zoro fan mean that he's Vice cap no more? and can't be assist? should go solo and don't give a shit about luffy, your bias towards zoro just nullifies his roles and responsibilities and his pride... i mean he has been helping luffy initially, and didn't i say that luffy would need assist... so that indirectly means zoro needs luffy as an assit since they will be taking kaido on..

Being a Zoro fan according to you is : a narcissistic, selfish, and irresponsible zoro that defies his character in the canon story itself..

Why don't u go bark at oda for keeping his "fav character" as assist to a cook in thriller bark...

Don't bring uo these naive claims and biases read between thr line and don't make shallow irrelevant conclusions..

btw i have my Zoor vs Kuma thread uo if u want to go ahead and disagree there.

So being a zoro fan mean that he's Vice cap no more? and can't be assist? should go solo and don't give a shit about luffy, your bias towards zoro just nullifies his roles and responsibilities and his pride... i mean he has been helping luffy initially, and didn't i say that luffy would need assist... so that indirectly means zoro needs luffy as an assit since they will be taking kaido on..

Being a Zoro fan according to you is : a narcissistic, selfish, and irresponsible zoro that defies his character in the canon story itself..
No your entire post history shows you're a Sanji fan pretending to be a Zoro fan.

Zoro said he's there to cut down Kaido, not "support" Luffy.

Luffy isn't doing shit to Kaido in a 1v1 even with "support".

Why don't u go bark at oda for keeping his "fav character" as assist to a cook in thriller bark...
Wtf are you talking about :kaidowhat:

No your entire post history shows you're a Sanji fan pretending to be a Zoro fan.

Zoro said he's there to cut down Kaido, not "support" Luffy.

Luffy isn't doing shit to Kaido in a 1v1 even with "support".
So i cannot be a zoro fan... for defending sanji...

So Its like i hate cookies coz i like the taste of waffles too

Tf is that logic son, don't be so shallow and conclusive and radical with your definition as a Zoro fan, i don't give twice as much shits as people give to your analogies of whats a fan of not.. I am a self proclaimed fan... and i stand by it... if you're ignorant enough to overlook some of the posts i have places in defense of zoro.. then...الله يرحمك

don't interact at all then son

and yea zoro and sanji assisting each other in thriller bark doest belittle zoro.. so zoro supporting captain by cutting kaido shouldn't as well

Few notes about the chapter:

- Kanjuro is more competent than all 3 calamities

- Glad Orochi is back, SURELY he will involve CP0 and World Government with the plot in some way.

- Hybrid Kaido looks nice, it was not overexaggerated or changed drastically, which is GOOD because Kaido's original human form is already looking beastly enough... sometimes changing so much can result in bad design, so Oda gave him basic changes

- I liked Inuarash line when he backfired at Jack about the poison gas in response to Solung. Top Tier trash talk

- Oda is hinting at "Gigantic Dragon Momonosuke"... Is Oda gonna do it by Momo's will alone? or by Shnobu's mature fruit!?

- Momo's ability to know Luffy's state surely relates to how he was able to see Jack during Zou arc... Whatever that ability is...Some say Voice of all things... I don't care about the specifics... but Momo looks like he's getting the build up for something huge... Oda is setting it up bit by bit

- LASTLY, for anyone who is saying "Asura Douji is NOT DEAD", and he claims Pedro is dead... I wanna call them out on being hypocrite as both basically got the same type of explosion... SAME SHIT.... point blank..... and we did not get to see both of their bodies....

So, if you're one of those who say Pedro should not survive that, yet somehow say "Asura is easily surviving that".... you are a big hypocrite....

and yea zoro and sanji assisting each other in thriller bark doest belittle zoro.. so zoro supporting captain by cutting kaido shouldn't as well
Zoro wasn't assisting Sanji at all in Thriller Bark and he won't be "supporting" Luffy in this fight. Support is what Law did for Zoro.

Saying Zoro's role this arc is to support Luffy against Kaido makes it clear that you're not a Zoro fan. This is just as much Zoro's fight as it is Luffy's.

Status
Not open for further replies.