ONE PIECE CHAPTER 1008: HEAD OF THE ATAMAYAMA THIEVES, ASHURA DOUJI

rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
its still incredibly sad how Oda has Massacred Denjiro....... He doesn't have anywhere near the same vibe bruh.

I mean, the whole point is that he was putting up an act, and honestly that vengeful yakuza side of him is still there somewhat, we saw it when he tied up Sasaki earlier.

Since then all he's done is fight angrily against Kaido as he should and this chapter's moment when he cried, which is understandable considering it was who he thought was Oden standing right in front of him.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Wow, a chapter which actually focuses on Ashura. Mind you, it's not the focus I was hoping for, since it's all just a build up to what is most likely a fake out death. If it isn't, kudos on Oda, but I'm not holding my breath.

Orochi's return is no surprise. Though I question his future purpose. Torching down Onigashima won't do any good, Kaido can just rebuild it, and the island is already falling, burning it down is pointless because bigger things are at stake and everyone is already at risk of death due to fighting already. CP0 have no use for him for he can no longer supply them sea stone, and if Kaido is beaten, he has even less hope of being reinstated as Shogun. For now, he has one real purpose: tying up his loose ends with the Kozuki family, which feels unnecessary now that he's been rendered a non-factor. Oda doesn't do revenge for the sake of revenge. That's almost never rewarded. There's usually a double purpose for it. Take the current arc, the Scabbards want to avenge Oden, but it's doubled with liberating Wano and fulfilling his dying wishes. Orochi needs to become a threat that must be dealt with beyond simple vengeance.

I could be wrong on this, but there's only one route I can see Oda going for. He will re-enact the legend of Susanoo slaying the Orochi, with the fame blade that did it. Momo will finish Orochi off in defense of his sister. And perhaps he will with the aid of Kin'emon, his closest attendant, requesting Kin to help him in battle like his father before instead of coddling him all the time. Yamato has stated their desire to help Luffy against Kaido, and they have to eventually confront their father, so splitting up from Momo and Shinobu is inevitable. Kin might take their place.

Kanjuro's comeback is a bit more bothersome, since he has accomplished his role as traitor. I just can't get into what he's planning; more important matters are happening, and I'm not terribly interested in his revenge plot. He tried and failed the first time. There's little that can be done to engage me now. Character deaths or real consequence are needed now, because all this is just bloat to an arc that's reached 100 chapters and counting. We've seen enough of the Scabbards, Oda. We know their deal. Now it's time to focus on the Straw Hat crew and their battles.

Update on the roof, and Oda brings us back down to reality a bit. The Worst Generation are putting up a good fight, but it's clear the Emperors, especially together, are too much. Law suggest splitting them up, but the only way that makes sense is if their group split up, too. You can't just dump one of the Yonko and expect them not to cause trouble or come back immediately, (both can fly, after all). Kaido's hybrid is...meh. Just dragon scales on top of his base design, with a tail tacked on. Linlin, frankly, looks so much fiercer when seen side by side. Kid's harpoon-like weapon is pretty cool, much better than his giant mech. He looks like Ahab who's been trying to nab his whale over, and over. An appropriate comparison considering Kid's history with the Yonko.

Meh chapter. Art was pretty good for the Scabbards' portion, even if I was disengaged with what was happening. This chapter did feel slower. Bringing back a bunch of characters thought dead, while characters who were suppose to be out of commission now fine, you wonder what exactly has been accomplished during the last 30 chapters the raid has went on for.

Zoro: How do we win?

TCB speed scan: How do we win against these monsters?!

how about just leaving us feedback directly, so we can look at the line again and make changes if necessary?
Instead of posting gifs all funny coming off as condescending.

We literally have an open discord and open Twitter where you can ask us anything and we'll get to it, we even told you that.
At this point i don't know what your goal is with this tbh.

We welcome criticism and are actively searching for it on every twitter post, discord and forum possible, by filtering the chat with F3 shortcut and searching for words like "scan, translate, translation, viz, official" etc. That's how i always find you and your posts like last chapter on your own twitter, 4 weeks ago on B.D.A or this week on worstgen.

Normally it's always different people not being sure what the exact intent on a line is and then we discuss internally if the line is fine or needs a revisit. You are the only one I see that is criticizing us constantly for mostly minor stuff (which in itself is good!) on those various forums and discords, trying to make us look as bad and inexperienced as possible with ridiculing gifs, saying we took Ls and whatnot, while you could also leave a comment on our twitter or discord and actually help us and the community out. If we deem your criticism as valid, we will apply corrections and help more readers to read a better version/better translation. Which is something we literally did after you criticized something last chapter. We corrected it and posted those corrections publicly and transparently on our discord in #updates.

I just want to work together man, you seem to be proficient in japanese so just help us and the readers out.
Voicing your complaints directly to us would have just a lot more impact and benefits for everyone.

I can't force you to do that, but i hope you'll consider it.

Besides, either you were in a coma last year, or otherwise i couldn't explain how you could possibly call what we do "speed scans".
If you want we can stop doing chapters , and then you'll see what speed scans are.
We could certainly make sure to restore the fanscan environment that happened between Chapter 970-990, if that's what you'd love to see.

There is really no need to be so rude and downplay our efforts.

At this point we are really not much different from Jaiminisbox. There are certainly things we can improve on like Website and stuff, but the way we handle the chapters is on a very high standard if I say so myself.

And yes, i'll talk to the translators about luffy and zoro's line and if we think those could lead to wrong interpretations... yes. we will change it.

how about just leaving us feedback directly, so we can look at the line again and make changes if necessary?
Instead of posting gifs all funny coming off as condescending.

We literally have an open discord and open Twitter where you can ask us anything and we'll get to it, we even told you that.
At this point i don't know what your goal is with this tbh.

We welcome criticism and are actively searching for it on every twitter post, discord and forum possible, by filtering the chat with F3 shortcut and searching for words like "scan, translate, translation, viz, official" etc. That's how i always find you and your posts like last chapter on your own twitter, 4 weeks ago on B.D.A or this week on worstgen.

Normally it's always different people not being sure what the exact intent on a line is and then we discuss internally if the line is fine or needs a revisit. You are the only one I see that is criticizing us constantly for mostly minor stuff (which in itself is good!) on those various forums and discords, trying to make us look as bad and inexperienced as possible with ridiculing gifs, saying we took Ls and whatnot, while you could also leave a comment on our twitter or discord and actually help us and the community out. If we deem your criticism as valid, we will apply corrections and help more readers to read a better version/better translation. Which is something we literally did after you criticized something last chapter. We corrected it and posted those corrections publicly and transparently on our discord in #updates.

I just want to work together man, you seem to be proficient in japanese so just help us and the readers out.
Voicing your complaints directly to us would have just a lot more impact and benefits for everyone.

I can't force you to do that, but i hope you'll consider it.

Besides, either you were in a coma last year, or otherwise i couldn't explain how you could possibly call what we do "speed scans".
If you want we can stop doing chapters , and then you'll see what speed scans are.
We could certainly make sure to restore the fanscan environment that happened between Chapter 970-990, if that's what you'd love to see.

There is really no need to be so rude and downplay our efforts.

At this point we are really not much different from Jaiminisbox. There are certainly things we can improve on like Website and stuff, but the way we handle the chapters is on a very high standard if I say so myself.

And yes, i'll talk to the translators about luffy and zoro's line and if we think those could lead to wrong interpretations... yes. we will change it.
I hardly use Discord, but I don't mind tagging you or TCBscans on Twitter in the future.

It's true that I can nitpick but I get annoyed even by minor things because a lot of fans including very notable streamers will read the fan scan and so the discussions which happen between Friday and Sunday are based on that version of the TCB release and people can get the wrong impression based on either mistakes or things which are worded oddly.

I think it's good that you own up to mistakes and correct them post-Sunday but I'm not how many realise you do this outside of the Discord followers, if it was done on Twitter there would be a larger reach.

Also 'speed scans' is commonly used term amongst the manga fandom or was back in the day. Reason why they're called that is due to the quick turnaround of preparing it. You get the RAW around Thursday and are able to release it the next day which is a far quicker timeline than with official releases, where the whole process is a couple of days to a week. So even Jaiminibox or Mangastream would be considered speed scans imo.

Also I'm still learning Japanese, so as practice I like to look at the RAW version, translate, compare translations etc, hence why I focus on the particulars which most people wouldn't care about.

I hardly use Discord, but I don't mind tagging you or TCBscans on Twitter in the future.

It's true that I can nitpick but I get annoyed even by minor things because a lot of fans including very notable streamers will read the fan scan and so the discussions which happen between Friday and Sunday are based on that version of the TCB release and people can get the wrong impression based on either mistakes or things which are worded oddly.

I think it's good that you own up to mistakes and correct them post-Sunday but I'm not how many realise you do this outside of the Discord followers, if it was done on Twitter there would be a larger reach.

Also 'speed scans' is commonly used term amongst the manga fandom or was back in the day. Reason why they're called that is due to the quick turnaround of preparing it. You get the RAW around Thursday and are able to release it the next day which is a far quicker timeline than with official releases, where the whole process is a couple of days to a week. So even Jaiminibox or Mangastream would be considered speed scans imo.

Also I'm still learning Japanese, so as practice I like to look at the RAW version, translate, compare translations etc, hence why I focus on the particulars which most people wouldn't care about.
1. Great then we got that sorted out. Tag us on twitter please as soon as you have something from now on that we should check over. And if we both agree that manners and respect should be something natural in a conversation, please adress your criticism/questions in such a way. Respectful and professional.

2. the term "speed scans" implies that something like "speed scans" and a different version of "scans" exist. As in, some specific boxes of traits has to be ticked for a scan to have the word "speed" added to it.
(I.e. If something is called speed scan, what is considered a "normal" scan)
Then the question remains, what in comparison is a "normal" scan? something that doesn't contain the word "speed".
keep in mind we are talking about fanscans and not official scans, since no one calls the official scans "official scans".
They are just commonly referred to as "official" or "viz", whereas "scans" is a word associated with what we do.

if i learned one thing, then that "speed scans" are commonly and widely regarded as speed scans because they get translate via google translator as quickly as possible without any care for proofreading, cleaning or just general quality. The only thing they care about, is to be pushed out as soon as possible as long as they are (barely) "readable". Which happens for things like JJK, Kaguya Sama, Attack on titan on a weekly basis. ...and last year it happened to one piece, where chapters got translated within 2 hours from french.
That is speed.
In comparison, our Chapters go through a lot more steps than just cleaning bubbles and using google translate to insert the right words. Some of us work weekly 18 hours without sleep everytime a chapter drops. regularly. That is effort put in.

But at the end of the day, i guess our opinions just differ here. For you every unofficial Manga Chapter that has a weekly official release is a speed scan. While I have different criteria.
My issue is mainnly the connotation that goes along with it, because it's associated with a lack of care which is definetly not the case for us.

3. We like to keep our posts on twitter clean and concise. if you want to go in-depth about corrections and their reasoning the 280 character limit of twitter is not a good way of handling it.
A dedicated Discord channel in where we post those notes and corrections for everyone that does care, exists. It's publicly available.
And in addition to that, we highly advertise our discord on twitter. It's pinned in our profile since we opened our twitter account. it's added in every of our Chapter-progression tweets, it's on our website, on patreon... we made posts how in emergencies people should join our discord.

We don't hide it we want people to join.
And i'm sorry but you have like 7 different Discord accounts, so cmon man.

T.D.A#2249
T.D.A#3629
T.D.A#8870
T.D.A#9009
TDA#0965

T.D.A#6878
T.D.A#7566

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.