One Piece Chapter 1009 - Hell

Rate The Chapter!!

• ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This the first time in the entire series in which I might have to entertain the idea that Zoro > Luffy

:bignews: (Lol JK JK)

That block was all time great tho. Like bruh 2 Yonko's?! Wild

Great Chapter. Liked Hybrid Kaido's attack Sequence. He looked WAY doper in this chapter then his reveal last chap

Liked Supernova team work to get BM outta there. Especially Kidd taking that shot from BM to use repel. Hope she's not out for good. still need the Alliance to lose lol

Zoro took of the bandana thoooo might be sidelined for a little bit but he'll be back!

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐒𝐫𝐒𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐑𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
β€Ž
its a feat worthy of a top Commander innt?
All top Commanders get instantly deleted by this attack.

Oden couldn't block a much weaker attack, and he's above all of them:

Oden didn't block the attack.It landed clean.It's by no means comparable.
He was more impressed than hurt.If anything, Oden wasn't actually hurt by the Pirate King's named attack landing clean on his torso.
I have no idea what you're talking about, Oden has his sword up and in the trajectory of the slash. It looks like a block to me:

edit: for him to use a technique of such caliber to cut Prometheus... he must be extremely fatigued
No, he just didn't want Prometheus to reform, so he cut him into 12 pieces.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you're talking about, Oden has his sword up and in the trajectory of the slash. It looks like a block to me:
Lmao are you serious? That slash goes right below the sword and hits him in the gut.If anything was blocked here it's the very upper part of the slash.The rest of it is clearly shown going below Oden's sword.
Also, Oden's body is by no means in a blocking form here.He was clearly speed blitzed by the slash.

The whole plan executed perfectly.
I believe they planned it when luffy was attacking like crazy in the previous chapter.
All four seemed synchronized to take out big mom while luffy continued to go crazy haha.
I already said that zoro was a beast stopping that attack and telling them to get away meaning that it was for couple of seconds definitely.
Law keeping his cool and saving zoro even in this kind of situation shows how he never loose his mind whatever the case.
He is a tactician and a beast.
Now!! Kid is a monster taking hits from big mom and smiling that even a Yc2 couldn't handle means a lot.
Him killer and the rest of the crew will be the second strongest pirate crew at the end of one piece.
I believe everyone hides their trump card for the reason that they couldn't beat the 2 yonko but if big mom is really out i am sure we will see fantastic things from the amazing 5 in the upcoming chapters.
Great chapter.
Sorry for my English.

Lmao are you serious? That slash goes right below the sword and hits him in the gut.If anything was blocked here it's the very upper part of the slash.The rest of it is clearly shown going below Oden's sword.
Also, Oden's body is by no means in a blocking form here.He was clearly speed blitzed by the slash.
He either was trying to block or in the motions of starting to block, either way he got mulched. Based on the fact he even tried to react proves further that he aint shit and hakai probably would've killed him

That's an L. He was either speed blitzed by a casual slice or he wasn't strong enough to block it.

I don't see it. We see Kidd prepare the cage and then tell Law "it's ready":

The idea that one person came up with the plan is further supported by Killer and Zoro's scene. Killer asks Zoro if he's able to perform his role:

It really seems that one person (Law) came up with the plan to split Mama and assigned everyone the roles they would need to fulfill that plan and how best to utilise their abilities.

There is no indication that Kidd was involved in coming up with the stratagem at all:
  • Zoro was questioning how they could possibly win:
  • They began thinking of a plan to bring victory into the realm of possibility:
  • Law is the one that suggests that they should split them up:
  • Zoro and Kidd consent:
  • Kidd's sole tactical contribution was the suggestion that Law should just use his powers to transport one of them away:
  • Killer is also the strategist of his crew, so coming up with the plan in the first place does not fit Kidd's character.

I don't think your interpretation is the slightest bit possible.

I did not deny that Kidd assisted Law. However, Law was the one that:
  • Identified the need to separate them
  • (To the best of our knowledge) came up with the plan to best leverage their abilities and separate them

And even then, all that Kidd did was to assist Law (he setup Mama for Law to throw her off the Rooftop). He had the second most import role of the four, but it was not equal to Law's
You brought good points, especially remarking how Killer is supposed to be the 'brain' of the Beast Pirates, which makes Kidd unluckily to be the one who came up with the plan.

The reason for which I'm considering this possibility, tho, is: who knows Kidd's power better than Kidd? I think is legit to suspect that Kidd came up with: "Trafalgar, you can't move Linlin right? But can you move her cloud? I have my way to keep it trapped"
Just like it's likely for Law to come up with "Eustass, I can't move her but I can move her cloud, can you build a box so that we can trap it inside?"
The fact that Kidd said "I did it" doesn't exclude one of these 2 scenarios or imply that Law was the one coming up with the plan, so there are all the reason to believe that Kidd was the one coming up with the idea of using a Faraday cage, seen his matchup advantage there.
Nothing excludes that Killer could've had the idea too: "Kidd, what if you use a metal box to keep it trapped and Trafalgar moves it inside? Could work"
I'm excluding Luffy cause he's the least possible and Zoro cause he was on the floor shaking in that moment.

Be it Kidd, be it Law, or be it Killer... in the execution they (Kidd and Law) had equal merits, completing each other in every tactic they used. That's why I talk about 50/50 between Law and Kidd.

Btw I agree with you that in a neutral scenario Law is by far the most likely to escogitate an effective plan. Hands down.
Hope you're getting my point.

@Pantheos this was my line of reasoning

I'm not and won't be active poster in threads anymore
So a deletion of my account will work in my favour.
Couldn't you have done this sooner?
Post automatically merged:

but good sir he wasn't even blocking the attack.. he was caught off guard by Roger.. if it was an attack he couldn't block and deflect with his physical strenght then he would have been decimated
Oden: *Talks about sensing a wild beast*
Also oden: "i WaSn'T ReAdY"

So after reading thr chapter.. it seems like like zoro stopped the attack for a solid 3-5 seconds prolly more...
now i got what point you were trying to make with that impact wave when zoro blocked it @Cinera... zoro definitely was putting everything into blocking it

Luffy is waste of a presence on rooftop. Good that he got KOed early.
thats IF HE got K'oed

can't wait for KOL to use John The Giant meme on this one

Status
Not open for further replies.