Is Pan D. A Man Moe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
I mean, you can not like it, but at the end of the day it really is that simple.

In spite of many attempts to argue against this, no addition to the crew has changed the dynamics of the M3 in a thousand chapters of One Piece, and as we are heading into the final stage of this story.
It's not that I don't like it. It's that I don't believe that e.g. Luffy has always been stronger than Zoro.

I'm not complaining about the "M3 power hierarchy" argument because I dislike it. I'm complaining about it, because I don't believe it and yet it keeps getting spammed at me.

Like this is not a level of discussion I want to engage in. It's just not how I power scale characters.

This is not going to suddenly be dropped because of how we might feel about "power levels" at one point in time. That's something Oda adjusts as he pleases and molds to match his intended narrative and long term portrayal, not the other way around.
You're not actually engaging with anything I said though.

Sanji doesn't even have any portrayal that places him above Yamato. You're arguing that if Yamato joins the crew Sanji will be portrayed above her.

If that does happen, I'll evaluate them accordingly.

However, I'm saying:
  1. I don't think that will actually happen.
  2. The reason you have for believing that will happen is not an argument I can find convincing.

You've done nothing but restate the argument in different ways. It's not that I don't understand the argument, it's not that I'm confused about the argument.

I fully understand the argument, I just don't power scale characters in a way that the argument is valid.

Like there's something of an axiomatic difference here.

Fandom perceptions of crew dynamics are not how I power scale characters. So arguing about fandom perceptions of crew dynamics is like engaging on the wrong level.

I'm not debating Sanji's status as a member of the M3. I fully accept that he's in the M3.

"Y is a member of the M3 therefore he's stronger than new character X because X might join the crew", is just not a sound argument to me.

Please stop spamming this argument. It's not an argument I don't understand. You're not really adding anything new. I fully understand the argument, but that's just not how I power scale characters.

Anyway, it's strange that almost nobody did give a f*ck about Kidd and Law vs Big Mom.
If they beat the old hag in a solid 2 vs 1 it would be a HUGE W for the two SN (not that Law really needs that, he already was the absolute g.o.a.t. of the rooftop, even more than Zoro).
I think the main reason no one's really hyped for Law and Kid is that, at this point, we would rather they show and stop telling. They're in front of Big Mom, great. But they need to give us something now, i'm exhausted from fake hyping them. I have no doubt, they will shine, but let's hope it's not what they have already shown.

And ofcourse Zoro was the MVP of the rooftop, no one can deny, if you ask manga readers what scenes from roof they want animated, they will say Zoro tornado fight with Kaido, Zoro blocking island busting double yonkou combo attack for several moments, they will say Ashura, Big Mom scared and asking to dodge Hiryu Kaen, etc, etc.

No one wants to see scenes of Kid wrestling or Law rocks or Luffy random punches that did not phase Kaido. They will want to see Luffy CoC though.

Is the fact that people can talk about shit like, a foreign concept to you lmfao?

Moe pops up in conversations every few weeks.
Talking shit is not the point,

If I talk shit about a zoro fanboy who got banned before even I joined this site then there is something wrong about this shit :vistalaugh:

You are basically saying moe's banned ghost is still irritating the new members on this site so they are talking shit about already banned moe without even talking with the guy :fujilaugh:

Or they are alts so they know about moe :willsmith:

And ofcourse Zoro was the MVP of the rooftop, no one can deny, if you ask manga readers what scenes from roof they want animated, they will say Zoro tornado fight with Kaido, Zoro blocking island busting double yonkou combo attack for several moments, they will say Ashura, Big Mom scared and asking to dodge Hiryu Kaen, etc, etc.
All that just to do nothing against a yonko, he was the mvp of the rooftop because he was the only one to go-all out, kidd is above him no need to fake hype

Not every pirate ship operates the same my guy, Oda has always shown the first mate and the captain of the three pirate below to be closer in strength.
Oda:
Roger > Ray > Scopper
Shanks > Benn > Roo
Luffy > Zoro > Sanji

Fam this is basically you:
Kaido >>>>>>>>>>>>King > Queen
Big Mom >>>>>>>>>Kat > Smoothie
Luffy >>>>>>>>>>>> Zoro > Sanji
“Not every pirate ship operates the same,” yet you were the one who brought up the comparisons between Roger, Shanks, and Luffy, not me.

That aside, the rest of that is blatantly false. A quarter or so of the way through the series, we had an actual, tangible indication that Luffy was vastly superior to everyone else in his crew, namely that the person he was fighting was actually stared to be twice as strong as the people the next two strongest of the crew were fighting, and ever since then, the gap between the enemies each has faced has only gotten wider.

It works the absolute same way with every crew, excepting Buggy, who’s a gag anyway. An old, sick and dying Whitebeard two shot a guy that Marco couldn’t even hit. Roger contended with that very same individual in his prime, while an old Rayleigh sardonically admitted that he was struggling with someone at the level of the person Old Whitebeard buried in Marineford. Oden watched in awe as Roger and Whitebeard split the sky while he ended up fighting against someone that was presumable around the level of Roger’s second.

At the beginning of Wano, Kaido one shot Luffy who had just walked away from beating the strongest officer in a rival Yonko crew, showing the difference in the gap between Yonko and someone who was even above what a YC1 trends at. Zoro hit Kaido with his strongest attack, left a superficial wound which Kaido shrugged off and then turned his attention to someone who he thought could really fight him, who ended up actually fighting him in base form and was more to Kaido than the afterthought Zoro turned out to be. Luffy was implied to have broken through Kaido’s full power haki (Kaido acknowledged that he fought Luffy at full strength, or near it, last chapter), which includes advanced CoC, given that the top of Kaido’s club is cracked.

That the captains of the crew are massively stronger than the subordinates in that same crew has been a long established theme in the manga. If Luffy had ill intentions for anyone in his crew, they would be little more than a blood stain on the ground in relatively short order.

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
Talking shit is not the point,

If I talk shit about a zoro fanboy who got banned before even I joined this site then there is something wrong about this shit :vistalaugh:

You are basically saying moe's banned ghost is still irritating the new members on this site so they are talking shit about already banned moe without even talking with the guy :fujilaugh:

Or they are alts so they know about moe :willsmith:
But moe is still here you just learned that:kaidowhat:

Status
Not open for further replies.