Zoro's position in the Strawhat crew

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The exact line is this one:

「2番手にして「1億2千万」、人に従う様な男には見えないが・・・船長の度量が伺えるな」

So, first of all, it's a fact that nowhere can be read the specific word used for first mates in this story; and second, both a quick translation of it plus other versions I've checked understand it as a reference to Zoro being "second person" or "number two person" (2番手) and that's it while speaking in the context of his bounty being so high yet less than his captain's. This nibante sometimes refers a second position in a rank, as far as I recall, which isn't the same as "second in command" and certainly not "first mate" which, again, is a specific word Oda uses and is nowhere to be seen not even in Zoro's Vivre Card.
Are you attempting to win an argument against a line posted by the great Sandman?

If you go by a literal translation it doesn't say 'First Mate', 2nd in command is basically the First Mate which is why Viz translated it like that. In the Vivrecard, it says Zoro 'is like the Vice Captain'
But I'm telling you that "second in command" isn't the same as "2番手" either and, in this particular context, Urouge directly refers a rank based on bounties since he's impressed at Zoro having such bounty yet being under Luffy. And "like the first mate" isn't the same as "first mate".

Sandman and VIZ > worstgen user Charlotte Horchata
This isn't just me discussing that translation, in case you didn't know.

You really don’t get what seppuku is do you… it’s an act of regaining honor in death for a mistake that caused you to lose honor. You know like freeing a criminal who tortured and killed for fun and failing to take the responsibility you swore to take.

Your comparing apples and oranges.
Post automatically merged:

It’s the BM pirates who were going to kill Zeff or a straw hat if Sanji didn’t come to the tea party Germa didn’t threaten until after seeing Sanjis power when they needed a way to keep him in check
yet they were planning on killing Germa anyways, there was never going to be an honored agreement from the getgo. You're grasping at straws here.

Im going to circle around to my earliest point of why this arc concluded for me, and i stand by it, Sanji will never get CoC

yet they were planning on killing Germa anyways, there was never going to be an honored agreement from the getgo. You're grasping at straws here.

Im going to circle around to my earliest point of why this arc concluded for me, and i stand by it, Sanji will never get CoC
And I hope you’re ready to take your L for that

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
When Zoro got sent downstairs after Asura I saw a bunch of Zoro fans call Oda a hack. The second something goes wrong you guys start throwing Oda under the bus.
this is true as a zoro fan even i admit to this, as soon as oda does something the zoro bois don't like, they start insulting oda.
Although the candybois aren't any better, i saw them insulting oda's wife a million times by now saying sanji's VA slept with her while the black maria thing was going on.

Zoro, and most acknowledge that he can only push Zoro to high diff. However, a majority of Zoro fans here refuse to acknowledge Luffy > Zoro, and most also refuse to acknowledge that Sanji can give Zoro some trouble
Shut the fuck up with your lies
Most Sanjitards say shit like Zoro = Sanji
Zoro and Sanji are rivals
Luffy mid diffs Zoro

You are dishonest as fuck, just like you were dishonest about falsely claiming Zoro fans said Injured Zoro > Fresh Zoro

I have told you Zoro fans DON"T have mob mentality like Yankers and Sanjitards, each Zoro fans has ability to have individual thought and they place Zoro based on their individual interpretation of Zoro's feats.

Zoro currently has feats to mid diff Luffy at best and neg diff Sanji and that's how its gonna be
If you ever want me to take you seriously then stop branding every Zoro fan in a singular group as Zoro has the most individually thinking fans out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.