Zoro's position in the Strawhat crew

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many times have you told people to wait? Be it as it may that the fights were inconclusive or not, if people have gripes with the handling of Onigashima raid, they are ready to wrap things up and move on..
I mean:

- When people denied Sanji vs Queen, I told them to wait

- When the Supernova were on the roof and people repeatedly told me Zoro vs King was now impossible, I told them to wait

- When Jack was defeated, I told them to wait

- When Big Mom shot Ulti, I told them to wait

- When Zoro was in bandages and I was told it would be impossible for him to fight in the coming battles quick enough, I told people to wait.

Same deal, let's wait until we see the outcomes of the F6 matches. Let's wait until we see where Zoro goes. Let's wait and see who fights Kaido in the next 5 chapters. Let's. Just. Wait.

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
Why are Zorobois so insecure? So much so that they try to negate whatever hype Sanji gets. They act like Sanji is going to steal Zoro's place which is never going to happen. Zoro is always the second and Sanji is always the third.

They act like their world is destroyed if Sanji shines.
well sanji is the zoro horse it is a good feat. He will help to go up:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I literally stated it, just dont go. Zoro summed up the whole situation perfectly. Ill respond with a rhetorical quesiton even after listening what's to stop them from killing them anyways?

what you are saying is Because Sanji is weak willed let his family control the rest of his life.
Honor among pirates. Also big mom would have a reputation if she killed them anyways. Since she doesn’t have that reputation it’s safe to assume that she wouldn’t.

What you’re saying is you think Sanji should’ve just done nothing when his friends and families lives are threatened? That’s just weak willed.

Honor among pirates. Also big mom would have a reputation if she killed them anyways. Since she doesn’t have that reputation it’s safe to assume that she wouldn’t.

What you’re saying is you think Sanji should’ve just done nothing when his friends and families lives are threatened? That’s just weak willed.
Yet BM was already planning on betraying Vinsmokes LOL, plus they were never pirates lol.

sandman translation

Urouge: "Thay guy (Zoro) has a high bounty despite his 2nd in command position. Zoro doesn't look like a person who obeys others"
Sandman and VIZ both say Urogue is calling him the second-in-command/first mate:
The exact line is this one:

「2番手にして「1億2千万」、人に従う様な男には見えないが・・・船長の度量が伺えるな」

So, first of all, it's a fact that nowhere can be read the specific word used for first mates in this story; and second, both a quick translation of it plus other versions I've checked understand it as a reference to Zoro being "second person" or "number two person" (2番手) and that's it while speaking in the context of his bounty being so high yet less than his captain's. This nibante sometimes refers a second position in a rank, as far as I recall, which isn't the same as "second in command" and certainly not "first mate" which, again, is a specific word Oda uses and is nowhere to be seen not even in Zoro's Vivre Card.

Yeah, well i'm not ready either, i hope there's still at least 40 more chapters..

I mean:

- When people denied Sanji vs Queen, I told them to wait

- When the Supernova were on the roof and people repeatedly told me Zoro vs King was now impossible, I told them to wait

- When Jack was defeated, I told them to wait

- When Big Mom shot Ulti, I told them to wait

- When Zoro was in bandages and I was told it would be impossible for him to fight in the coming battles quick enough, I told people to wait.

Same deal, let's wait until we see the outcomes of the F6 matches. Let's wait until we see where Zoro goes. Let's wait and see who fights Kaido in the next 5 chapters. Let's. Just. Wait.
You also told people to wait when there are early spoilers too IIRC..

So, first of all, it's a fact that nowhere can be read the specific word used for first mates in this story; and second, both a quick translation of it plus other versions I've checked understand it as a reference to Zoro being "second person" or "number two person" (2番手) and that's it while speaking in the context of his bounty being so high yet less than his captain's. This nibante sometimes refers a second position in a rank, as far as I recall, which isn't the same as "second in command" and certainly not "first mate" which, again, is a specific word Oda uses and is nowhere to be seen not even in Zoro's Vivre Card.
If you go by a literal translation it doesn't say 'First Mate', 2nd in command is basically the First Mate which is why Viz translated it like that. In the Vivrecard, it says Zoro 'is like the Vice Captain'

Sandman and VIZ > worstgen user Charlotte Horchata

"It's okay for the Vinesmokes to commit genocide in North Blue, but Jinbei should commit suicide for Arlong's actions"
You really don’t get what seppuku is do you… it’s an act of regaining honor in death for a mistake that caused you to lose honor. You know like freeing a criminal who tortured and killed for fun and failing to take the responsibility you swore to take.

Your comparing apples and oranges.
Post automatically merged:

Yet BM was already planning on betraying Vinsmokes LOL, plus they were never pirates lol.
It’s the BM pirates who were going to kill Zeff or a straw hat if Sanji didn’t come to the tea party Germa didn’t threaten until after seeing Sanjis power when they needed a way to keep him in check

Status
Not open for further replies.