Zoro's position in the Strawhat crew

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Different translations say different thing, one said “Pirate king? What a joke! I’m so weak!!”

He then went forward to beat himself up and nearly kill himself in grief. If that’s not losing your will, I don’t know what is.
He said weak, nothing about pirate king in the raw of that chapter, from what I see.

Viz decided to not translate the Japanese word for word.
Which is how translations work. If not then Kaido would be called “100 beasts kaido” if his name is translated word for word and peoole wpuld be womdering where the 100 beast chimera DF he was supposes have went

Instead Kaido is “King of beasts kaido” because thats what the term “100 beasts kaido” means

Which is how translations work. If not then Kaido would be called “100 beasts kaido” if his name is translated word for word and peoole wpuld be womdering where the 100 beast chimera DF he was supposes have went

Instead Kaido is “King of beasts kaido” because thats what the term “100 beasts kaido” means
Not quite, the wing translation is correct to begin with, hence why it's a topic of discussion among the Japanese readers. For whatever reason the translator decided to translate the meaning of the metaphor itself rather than translate the sentence.

Zoro has never been called wing in manga, you pulled that shit out
Sanji is wings of Pirate King and WSS, he has transportation duty
Zoro is the strongest fighter in straw hat and Luffys partner and basically second captain of straw hats
The troll level is always high but what do you expect from zorotards. To get emotional over one statement. Can't be me

why it's a topic of discussion among the Japanese readers
What is there to discuss? And how many of these japanese readers discussing it are also english experts that they somehow Know that this shoukd be a direct translation into english as opposed to what Stephen translated

Like what exactly is different from what Stephen translated meaning wise? What changes? Do people literally think Zoro and Sanji literally have wings involved in something?

Status
Not open for further replies.