Zoro's position in the Strawhat crew

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
King sliced Marco's wing doing actual damage to him. Queen did 0 damage to Marco even was scared of his devil fruit

How did King get embarassed by Sanji, King drove him through the building and left.
King doing damage to Marco by slicing his wing is pure headcannon, there was no sign of Marco being hurt by that lol. Marco did far more damage to King than he did to Queen, King was nearly coughing his guts up after getting hit by a no haki knee drop by Marco.

King let Momo escape which was Sanji’s main goal in that situation. And he couldn’t damage Sanji even though he was in his full Zoan form. So yeah, Sanji embarrassed him lol

Some people have some "decent" ideas to what might be going on, but who knows at this point. There is a pretty interesting questions left to be had about some of these fights:

- Why is it that, so far, only Jinbe and Robin were given Vs. Chapter titles? Franky oddly did not receive one last chapter.

- Subsequently, why is it that Robin's Vs. chapter did not end with her "winning" like Jinbe's allegedly does?

- Why is it that Brook was not included in this one?

- Is Inu meant to fight Jack as a full fight or is someone else supposed to handle him?

- Why has Oda transitioned away from both Jinbe and Franky's fights before we truly know the outcome?

It has led me to think of a few things based on some other user's ideas, but I'm not entirely sure at point. What if:

- Franky vs Sasaki is not finished? What if there is a chapter actually titled "Franky vs. Sasaki" in the coming chapters? He is now outside of the armor.

- What if Jinbe ended up breaking the floor between the 3rd and 4th floor? What if he and WsW land where Brook/Robin/Black Maria are? What if WsW recovers enough to fight again?

- What if, subsequently, Jack defeats or injures Inu and breaks the 2nd floor roof to the 3rd floor?

- Could this then in fact lead to "Brook vs Who's Who" and "Jinbe vs Jack" chapters since Jinbe would seem to be the only powerful Strawhat available to hold him off, if not Inu or a non-strawhat (Kid/Law are busy with BM and Killer/Hawkins seem to be as well).

- Could P1 and Ulti get back up and give Usopp and Nami vs Chapters at proper moments then?

Just a long shot guess as to something that may happen, but I wouldn't count Brook out yet from getting something eventually. Same with Chopper, there is good precedent for potentially him fighting a Number, particularly one that has some level of competence to them (there 4 more unknown still after this chapter).

Just to put it out there, I've had my thought that Yamato may get forced down to fight Jack at some point eventually, so the above really isn't an idea of where I think its going, but I dont mind rolling with it atm since things are so unknown.
Brook vs Jack could also happen.
He's been hiding his strenght all along.

King doing damage to Marco by slicing his wing is pure headcannon, there was no sign of Marco being hurt by that lol. Marco did far more damage to King than he did to Queen, King was nearly coughing his guts up after getting hit by a no haki knee drop by Marco.

King let Momo escape which was Sanji’s main goal in that situation. And he couldn’t damage Sanji even though he was in his full Zoan form. So yeah, Sanji embarrassed him lol
It's funny how little durability you think King has because of a couple drops of blood.

Doesnt negate the fact Sanji got piledriven into a building with ease by King and then King just dipped.
Post automatically merged:

Base Sanji is destroying Queen, a YC2 lol. Jinbei barely beat a Veteran lol
YC2 > YC1? LOL

I don't really agree with your take that her DF being regarded as the "Guardian Deity of Wano" enforces the notion that she will leave. Yamato is still yet to do anything befitting of that title. Not to mention that she would have to be regarded as such by the Wano folk in the first place so if anything this DF reveal is a prelude to her taking up that role on Wano imo. Not to mention that this concept "Divine Protector of Wano" is something that has come up prior in the arc and was said in reference to Kaido. With Yamato, the people of Wano might actually get a proper "Guardian Deity" and fact that she is Oogami whatever lol will only make it more convincing to them

Also, by the time this whole Kaido saga is finished, chances are that there would only be a few scabbards left over. Not to mention, that Wano will open its borders after this arc, so it will be very vulnerable to attacks from the outside, so it's possible that Yamato decides to stay on Wano to protect for a bit even if it's only till they get back on their feet. Oden forsook his country for his dream and Wano fell into hell for 20 years as a a result so we might see Yamato making the opposite decision. (Personally I hate this whole Yamato/Oden *forced* parallel but if we we are gonna persist with it till the end then I reckon this is outcome is feasible).

Lastly, it is important to note that unlike Oden, she can leave Wano anytime she so chooses to after this arc. Oden only had one shot at it.
The thing is here, is that Yamato has been shackled to Wano for over 20 years without being able to leave because of her father. This isn't some instance where she has been free to come and go from Wano as she pleases. The Country has been her prison for over 20 years. Oden broke the rules of the Country and left of his own accord, where as Yamato was forced to stay in the Country, unable to leave because of her father. She's been desiring that freedom, and being able to sail the open seas for over 20 years, yet unable to.

One Piece is all about breaking oppression, and symbolizing freedom. Wano opening it's borders is a step in that direction for not only the citizens, but Kaido being defeated is a step in that direction for Yamato. It'd be a convoluted twist if for some reason she decided to embrace this new role of some kind of guardian because of eating a devil fruit that thematically shackles her to that fate, and goes against one of the core concepts of the story. Freedom. Even if she makes that decision to stay, it would feel like that fate was set in stone the moment she ate that devil fruit.

Brook vs Jack could also happen.
He's been hiding his strenght all along.
Lol as great as this would be, I do think it would be far more in character and strength for Jinbe to be the one character here to get a 2nd fight. The mans life force is beyond abnormal, and while I love Brook and know he is strong, I can understandably see him getting a weakened F6 fight (with some caveats being that WsW still actually poses a threat).

Idk, Jack is really the thing here that is throwing me off. Its very clear to me that Inu probably won't win, considering he used his sulong and lost to Kaido, while Jack has the massive advantage of an ancient zoan with a hidden hybrid (and potentially even awakening if Oda wanted to go there). I'm hoping that these next 2-3 chapters really answer what happens to:

- Jinbe/WsW
- Franky/Sasaki
- Zoro
- Marco/King
- UIti/P1

As they really define how the rest of this arc is going to go. Sanji vs Queen is pretty solid so I expect good things from that at least. And silver lining is Robin's fight isn't actually over this chapter.

Now that we have gotten the full summary for the chapter, i guess the theory that was floating around in the spoiler thread that Yamato's devil fruit means that she will stay in Wano as the country's guardian just because it fits the legend of the wolf story can be laid to rest now.

A theory like this still goes back to the fact that the only person who wants Yamato to stay in Wano is Kaido, who will no longer be relevant after the Wano Arc.

Yamato's responsibility to Wano will end once they defeat Kaido and drive him out of Wano, as said so by Yamato herself.

Page One could come back but Ulti isn't, the fight against her is over.
Eh, couldn't say. You don't even get a victory panel from Nami. Want to see the last face Nami makes with her encounter with Ulti in 1016?

You see nothing else from Nami after Zeus hits Ulti, not even for the rest of the chapter. 1017 has Nami here next:

Which then 1018 proceeds to have a 1.5 page even on Usopp and Nami's location:

I gotta say, nothing convinces me either Ulti or P1 are actually down. Its clear something here is probably going to stop the headliners from protecting Nami/Usopp/Tama. A lot of the way Ulti and P1 were taken down were a result of Oda trying to get Tama to make the control announcement. Now that its over, who knows what happens.

What I haven't seen are victory panels, literally against any of the 4 F6 members that allegedly "defeated" at this time. Every single past fight in the series, over 1000 chapters, has included these, yet these 4 in a row have yet to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.