Will ZKk Happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Momo joins the crew and can be a giant Dragon we might have a short second impel down arc. if Sabo and Hancock are there. the strawhats can fly to there and rescue them very fast. and destroy impel down.
Marco was there during the war of the best, still, WB couldn't rescue Ace. Namor was there, WB could have sunk the island and asked Namor to extract Ace, but it didn't happen. Those strategies however good will lack in drama, hence not gonna happen. SHs barge in straight like they did into the tower of justice.

What is misleading here? Even if you ignore the way Japanese pop authors interpret the phoenix in relation to Fenghuang/Houou (which has been reduced to "Eastern phoenix" by globalized syncretism), it's as easy as checking Marco's design to notice he isn't meant to represent an eagle at all.
Again it is still misleading called the Phoenix as stated in every source I have searched. Also

Does this

Look like this??

That you are asking yourself from your own comment. It's like mirror speculation
I'm not asking anything lol. That's why I said it's a rhetorical question. I'm just elaborating on my previous statement.
-------
Marco is highly likely to be the pheasant.
Fighting Kaido (alongside the Momotaro bunch) is the role he has to play here.

In the Chinese New Year colour spread Oda had Marco as the rooster. A rooster is just a male pheasant.

Rogersbase made a good point that it also just fits when looking at Luffy, Yamao and Marco. 3 individuals of similar strength representing sea, land and sky to challenge Kaido's legend.

J

Joy D. MADS

It seems a shitty chapter... But at least we have:

- Luffy at his 100% and ready to end Kaido.

Things at least I need to happen in this chapter:

- Nico Robin beating Black Maria.
- Brook beating the 3 minions from Black Maria.

I'm not asking anything lol. That's why I said it's a rhetorical question. I'm just elaborating on my previous statement.
-------
Marco is highly likely to be the pheasant.
Fighting Kaido (alongside the Momotaro bunch) is the role he has to play here.

In the Chinese New Year colour spread Oda had Marco as the rooster. A rooster is just a male pheasant.

It also just fits when looking at Luffy, Yamao and Marco. 3 individuals of similar strength representing sea, land and sky to challenge Kaido's legend.
Who represents the sea?

H

humanbeing

Marco was there during the war of the best, still, WB couldn't rescue Ace. Namor was there, WB could have sunk the island and asked Namor to extract Ace, but it didn't happen. Those strategies however good will lack in drama, hence not gonna happen. SHs barge in straight like they did into the tower of justice.
Marco cannot take the whole crew man , while a dragon can fly with every one on his back and is much faster imagine the strawhats , the samaurai and Law on his back they can infiltrate ID in now time and rescue their people.

Again it is still misleading called the Phoenix as stated in every source I have searched. Also

Does this

Look like this??

Yes, and I wonder what mythical creature has suffered the effects of globalized syncretism to the point of merging with its "Western cousin" and being currently addressed as its Eastern version... Maybe the phoenix...?

Marco is based on the Fenghuang/Houou (however you want to call it), a chimeric bird that among its traits contains, indeed, pheasant attributes; hence why Marco's head literally has a pheasant's wattle. And the moment you understand a little bit about mythology you also notice that Fenghuang is deeply related to the pheasant and the rooster, which is why, for example, Marco took the rooster's place in that Chinese horoscope color spread.

In other words, Marco is this creature that is referred as the Eastern phoenix and who has merged with the Western version in tons of pop culture works:

Status
Not open for further replies.