Should MonsterZoro be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I am way late, but I agree that One Piece was better when the editors told Oda no. Are they afraid to critize him because of how much money he brought to Shonen Jump?

I recently rewatched Alabasta and Luffy wasn't in every episode. The other SHs were able to have their fights and moments without constantly mentioning Luffy. Now in the NW, even if Luffy isn't in the chapter he still had to be shoehorned in some way or form. Look at Reverie where every princess had to constantly talk about how great he was.
The princesses needed a way for them to connect and Luffy was the easiest way.

How was Luffy shoehorned in?

Blocking hakai for couple of seconds, whether you go by official source translation or not, is irrefutably different from stalling 2 YC commanders at the same time.
you can't expect zoro to stall King and Queen for the same time period as Marco who had ability and quirk leverage (just coz of his DF he had an arm intact and 1 less hole in his body) , just because zoro stalled hakai.. it entails different requirements than solely just brute strength which isn't a zoro only thing.
They are feats in which you compare. I said Tanking not Blocking. and now I can add momentarily blocking along with Tanking which makes it that much better.

A feat from a Yonko > Feat from 2 YC that much is very obvious. That is the comparison. Which feat is better A or B, not well they have to be the same to compare them

What is a greater feat, taking on Hakai blocking it momentarily and tanking the attack or taking on 2 commanders for a short period of time

I was surprised Oda didn't go into at WCI.

Judge essentially pulls off the same thing as Sanji but electricity on his leg when Sanji used DJ. Even hints at it all being genetics.
Judge doesn't seem mutated but all tech.

Sanji on the other hand get from spinning into creating fire at will.

Still it doesn't fit the whole Stealth Theme of the Germa Story. There is no invisible fire.
And as we have seen from the siblings the raid suits are boosting their DNA powers

King being a flyer is one of the reasons I think Oda is gonna write a 2 v 2 rather than separate 1 v 1s. If it’s a 1 v 1 Zoro is likely to struggle a bit coz of the matchup disadvantage so I don’t think Oda will be going that route as I can’t really see him not writing these two dominating their fights. If it’s a 2 v 2, Sanji will be able to make the fight a lot easier for Zoro. For instance if Zoro needs air time Sanji can give him etc. Plus if these two ever fight properly in a 2 v 2 I can’t see how Oda doesn’t write them wreck their opponents lol so I’m leaning towards this possibility a lot more :p
Absolutely not a fan of this personally making fight easier for Zoro is last thing we want

B

Ballel

Judge doesn't seem mutated but all tech.

Sanji on the other hand get from spinning into creating fire at will.

Still it doesn't fit the whole Stealth Theme of the Germa Story. There is no invisible fire.
And as we have seen from the siblings the raid suits are boosting their DNA powers
Are you Kishido from OJ?
I swear I've never seen you here:luuh:

Oda has a weird obsession with Luffy. Like I said before, not even Toriyama stroked off to Goku as much as Oda does with Luffy. Luffy is insufferable. Whenever I see panels of him now I just skip it. The things that annoys me the most is that Oda sacrifices other characters in order to make Luffy look good.
The reason I got into One Piece was because of Luffy. His personality drew me in to the story. Now post time skip I sometimes get Luffy fatigue. That's mainly because his actions don't have consequences. The only time it did was Ace's death. I am not saying he has to be constantly sad about Ace's death because life does move on.

In Punk Hazard Zoro tells him to get serious. Furthermore, he's been my least favorite during the roof top battle because Oda wants to emphasize how he stands out from his allies. Instead it just comes off as selfish that Zoro needa to carry him while Luffy looks at the Yonkos as some sort of fun toys.

We all know Luffy will defeat Kaido. He will probably get the most credit, even though it was a team effort. I am not looking forward to that because I thought Zoro, Kidd, Law, and Killer were way more fascinating to watch on the roof than Luffy, but they won't get the same credit in universe as Luffy will because Oda has to constantly praise him to the heavens.

Put aside Z and S, I have my NW One Piece issues of Oda casting a wide net at the cost of SHs outside of Luffy losing a lot of focus
Can't agree more, the worst part is that the non straw hats that have a lot of panel time are not even that interesting
And honestly, everytime we had a straw hat fight, we had a good chapter, but because of side characters we can't have much chapters dedicated to straw hats fights with struggle and strength growth

Status
Not open for further replies.