Should MonsterZoro be banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Charlotte Horchata

I'm not a native or japanese speaker at all, but looking through google I found not a single implication that Hanagata can be used for plural. It's used for singular- to describe a star actor. Checked bunch of japanese sites, too. Asked a friend who knows japanese and it's for singular according to him, too.

If you can give source/link behind your claim it being plural, that's okay.
A webpage discussing a Japanese kabuki magazine:

"Also in the issue, among other features, are discussions with actors Nakamura Kazutarō, Onoe Ukon, Nakamura Yonekichi, and Nakamura Hashinosuke about their then upcoming March program at Kyoto’s Minami-za, focused on these rising 'young stars' (hanagata)".

Quote from a book on film and acting stars throughout the world:

"...the kimono and ornamental hairpins (kanzashi) that kabuki stars (hanagata) were wearing...".

A 1940 article titled "Kansai de chûmoku sareru hanagata kabuki", which was translated as "Young stars' Kabuki in the Kansai Area".

A 1883 woodprint with a whole cast of actors that is titled "Arigataki megumi no hanagata", which translates to "Kabuki stars at a blessing waterfall". I mean, if this isn't plural I don't know what else could be:

I could search more if you want. We could debate whether the word is grammatically plural itself or not, which is more of a linguistic debate (for example, "people" in English is plural but "gente" in Spanish is singular, yet both refer a collection of individuals). But it's clear that "hanagata" can be used to refer more than one person.

please share. i couldnt find anything when i searched for it. all i found was that it referred to star actor, but your translation seems more apt for the context its referring.
Here above I share some examples.

Last edited:

Marimo_420

The Honoured One
ZKK is now 500 percent confirmed with this chapter.

Zoro vs King is set in stone now. Guess who also beat someone close to "The king"

Who then later proceeded to behead a dragon over the capital, not long after the same fight.

Time is up for the anti ZKK non- believing heathens. Your days are numbered.

He is way weaker than Marco proving by the fact that he got knocked out.

Sanji was knocked out previously by King alone in his Zoan form. So we already saw how RS Sanji compares to King.

There's no underestimation here. In feats and Portrayal, Marco is far superior to Sanji...it isn't even an argument at this point
One has a DF that recovery has healing type, another is a Human that don't have super special DF that have healing powers, if not he was lost one arm already by King.

I did notice a drop of quality in the TS. Say what you want about FI arc but at least it focused on the Straw Hats and they all had their moments to shine without over relying or mentioning Luffy non stop. It was the closest we got to Pre TS One Piece.

Another notable example is Kinemon and Momo being given way too much screen time and ultimately don't contribute much to the main characters, the overall story, and fans don't like them. Oda keeps pushing them on us to the point they come across as obnoxious. They would have been less annoying if they left the plot on PH to come back in Wano.

I am hoping Oda is not turning Momo into an adult because he figured out fans can't stand annoying little boys.His transformation better be temporary or only affect the dragon. There are ways to make him more likable that he neglected.
Oda changed the narrative focus!Pre-skip it was about the straw hats,Post-TS it is about the world pirates and how Luffy will beat everyone to conquer his dream!

Man, I wish King can do more than just fly and slash. YC1s are usually portrayed as a cut above the rest, like Kata and Marco, so how bland King turns out to be is upsetting. :goatasure:

Marco hinted that King's race could bend flames and we have chapters dedicated to the qualities of Jack and Queen before. If King is an even more OP flame user than Sabo, giving him a flame sword technique that would engfulf Onigashima in flames whenever it is used would be rad if he ever got a chapter dedicated to him and would make him a believable challenge for Zoro instead of just "he can fly, so it is hard to hit him". Otherwise, King the Conflagration is just a cool epithet and nothing else. :luuh:

Zoro vs King is set in stone now. Guess who also beat someone close to "The king"

Who then later proceeded to behead a dragon over the capital, not long after the same fight.

Man wasn't even falsely called the King. This is officially the biggest reach I've seen for OP. What's funnier is that I still think that ZKK is a possibility. But this is bs, lol.

Why would it refer to both when Sanji has been in the game since chapter 1017 and Zoro returns this chapter...
From TalkOP:

Zoro comes back to life.
Marco: The "hanagata" is on the scene. (A star actor/player)
The implication from this spoiler is that Marco is talking about Zoro. Not a collective.
So I dunno why the first instinct is to group many others into the statement, lol.

:usoprice:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
The implication from this spoiler is that Marco is talking about Zoro. Not a collective.
So I dunno why the first instinct is to group many others into the statement, lol.
i think the statement will be made when zoro and sanji take on king and queen in that double spread.

hanagata means "rising stars" and them against the ookanban of the beast pirates or "the all stars" is the wordplay oda's going for imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.