What will happen till end of Wano?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Shanal weren't you arguing here with someone that said that DJ doesn't increase the speed of Sanji's attacks?
No, I was straight up telling them that Sanji increased the speed of Sanji's attack by showing them a scan of Sanji literally saying just that. They were trying to tell me that DJ Sanji only boosted attack and thus shouldn't have been >> Jyabura if Base Sanji wasn't.

I've explained the difference in adv CoC clearly, if you can't understand I'm not going to explain again, you are a lost cause.

Lucci isn't a brawler he is a martial artist. Sanji is a martial artist too. Luffy is a brawler, Shanks and Roger are brawlers who also use weapons.

Shanks is portrayed as stronger than Mihawk, while Mihawk has the title of WSS, that is all you need to know to undestand Shanks is not a pure swordsman.
The primary portrayal of Shanks is actually his CoC haki, not his swordsmanship, from the seaking initially in the very first chapter, to breaking WB's ship passively, to using adv CoC to split the sky against WB, to using CoC to passively knock out Coby while defending against Akainu.

Zoro hasn't used a kick or anything aside from his swords except out of desperation/ gag. He doesn't have a named kick attack and it isn't part of his fighting STYLE.
You've explained fuck all outside of your head-canon. We don't know how Adv.CoC works. It could be a big AP boost for all we know.

Hell, even Adv.CoA acts like a barrier between your attacks but having it doesn't make you weaker as a swordsman.

Haki is part of your swordsmanship and can boost your AP. Haki is just like speed, attack or strength, CoC included. Quit deluding yourself- there's a reason why Kaido said only the strongest use it, not "only the strongest brawlers." There's a reason why Whitebeard used it with a sharp top 12 blade. There's a reason why Roger used it on a blade. There's a reason why Shanks has it despite using a blade. It boosts attack of blades.

Shanks doesn't have a portrayal over Mihawk when canonical resource straight up says "Mihawk is waiting for someone stronger than Shanks to beat him." But that's a debate for another time. Point remains, that punching or kicking doesn't disqualify you from a swordsman and neither does having haki- even implying that is absolutely ridiculous.

So no actual response to what the dialogue actually says? thanks, you can sit down now.
I see that you ignored my other post where I've already explained it. That further proves you have nothing to counter in my post.

People don't seem to understand what King and Zoro were saying when they talk about swordsmanship so I'm going to explain it.

1 - Being a swordsman doesn't mean you're limited to just swordsmanship. In other words, there's no such thing as pure swordsman. A lot of us have tried to explain that several times. A swordsman can punch, kick, used hak, another weapon or anything else they want to use.

2 - In a real fight anything goes. There's no such thing as a fair fight. We saw that when Zoro used Killer's own scythe.

Zoro responded to King by saying if he has to he will rip out King's throat with his teeth to win. That just made Mihawk's title even more impressive.

Mihawk would cut Big Mom in half. There is a reason Zoro is fighting King right now and will use this battle to grow stronger to kill Kaido. That is before he challenges Mihawk.

I can't believe Oda just stuck up his MIDDLE FINGER to everyone that said pure swordsman exist in One Piece. Oda is done playing around with the haters.

:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:

Don't forget this statement that goes along with that scene:

Zoro: "If it's necessary I may need to win this battle biting your neck and tearing your windpipe...

Because I can't lose no matter what!!!"

That is proof there is no such thing as a pure swordsman and swordsman aren't limited to just using swords in battle. In a real battle a fighter will use anything they can to win.

This is what some are failing to understand. Swordsman are not limited to just swordsmanship. They are free to use any of the power, ability, skill, or weapon in a battle.

Wrong. This chapter explains to us that swordsman aren't limited to just using swords. This explains to us why Mihawk used a knife when he first fought Zoro. Why Zoro used a scythe against Killer or Roger use a gun.

When Zoro fought Mr. 1 he left Zorro know he's a blade man not a swordsman. When Zoro fought Kaku he left Zoro know he was a 4 sword style user. King doesn't correct or confirms or those statement. His comment is about his fighting his style and that he doesn't limited himself to a certain style in battle.

This destroys the headcannon pure swordsman fans have been claiming before years. Even Oda is willing to get involved to destroy headcannon.
Understand, King was only talking about style and form. He doesn't say anything about title.

It matters because above 60 people tend to leave their prime age and performance and Kaido should be in his 50s.
BB, Bege are in their prime years, 40s, that's usually when prime years start, SHs are an exception.
Oden reached his prime with 39.
Not my point ; Bege is clearly much much older than luffy/zoro/kidd etc but still is from worstgen era ; Kaido is 15 years older than shanks so he easily can be of his era and mostly is because ACE novel states that

No, I was straight up telling them that Sanji increased the speed of Sanji's attack by showing them a scan of Sanji literally saying just that. They were trying to tell me that DJ Sanji only boosted attack and thus shouldn't have been >> Jyabura if Base Sanji wasn't.
I was saying that because while reading again the chapter 415, I saw Sanji's statement so I was just wondering if you alr used that to debunk that guy. Good if you alr did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.