rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Please help me understand something, the explanation I got on Reddit wasn't very satisfactory. I almost never criticize One Piece, but this arc despite how much I appreciate it, had some bad things, but let's focus on chapter 1026.
We see Toki trying to fight Kaido, but she gets swiflty beaten and Kaido takes Momonosuke to kill, but ultimately decided to spare him at the last second.
Now, she knew she couldn't win, she knew she could escape by going forward in time, why would she endanger her children like that?
On Reddit some said that she didn't want to live without Oden, that makes sense, but if you have kids you're supposed to ensure their safety...
Because she couldn't send both kids in time in case momo failed hiyori had to stay behind and continue the bloodline because she is a woman and she gave her to kawamatsu so was alone and wanted to die cause oden was dead

On Reddit some said that she didn't want to live without Oden, that makes sense, but if you have kids you're supposed to ensure their safety...
I don't Think they were Expecting Kaido to Arrive that fast to Oden Castle, which is in Kuri, from the Flower Capital. She was caught in surprise by Kaido's sudden Arrival and then tried to protect them in a last Ditch attempt. I may be Wrong though, it's been a while since I read Oden's Flashback.

Nah one of them gonna die. Got a gut feeling
I mean believe whatever you want to believe, i just don't get what has come before. The protagonists always win

Raizo, Killer, and Drake will win
Kin, Kiku, Kanjuro and Asura are alive
Zoro and Sanji will win
Momo/Hiyori will beat Orochi most likely
Kid, Law and Luffy will win

Everyone's gonna win lol, it's the nature of this series to do so and not kill virtually anyone in the process.

Kidd will probably be taken down by Black beard I doubt he would play second fiddle in the final War Arc,The Final war will be only about the strawhats imo,Otherwise the plot would be way too Convenient again,For the marines There are 4 main Fighters,Fleet admiral and the three admirals.
The thing with Gorosei might be resolved differently
Now with the warlords gone you throw Kidd,Law,Killer and The plot becomes slightly easier again.

Oda would only Invite Trouble if he wants to involve Kidd,So much shit portrayal already in respect to some fights getting Offscreened.

It will be Luffy and the strawhat Pirates + their Alliance with Barto and Company Vs The Entire world Government.

The only doubt i have is that interview in which he says the final war will be something which has never been seen before so he might include the remaining supernovas as an Alliance. however it would be too troublesome regarding their fights which will be offscreened mostly.
Nahhhh man, it's gonna be way bigger than this lol. Supernova's, Strawhat fleet, Revolutionaries, Whitebeard Remnants, and a myriad of other allies and kingdoms will probably be fighting.

It's not going to be that small and personal, not with a 100+ characters who still need to have their plots addressed in this series. It's going to a heavy mix of structured fights (likely blackbeards crew with Luffy's, maybe Shanks' group the same way) and chaos (aka the Revo's fighting CP-0, multiple allies (such as Law, Kid, Zoro, etc) help Luffy fight the Gorosei if they are strong. Akainu and the Marines can go either way. But with so many characters and faction (CP-0, SSG, Kong/Gorosei, 2 Yonko, Akainu and the Marines etc), there is no way Luffy's side handles it all.

Multiple fights? For sure. All the important fights? Probably not. This series would never finish if he gave strawhats all 1v1's for 5 different factions in the final war.

Again, just my opinion, but I don't see being smaller than this, not when there are so many unresolved character plots in this series.
Post automatically merged:

Highly Doubt it. It'll be bad even for One Piece standards if these 4 survive.
Lol. All I'm gonna say is you are very, VERY likely gonna be disappointed.

Momo gradually getting to that carrying Onigashima hour of legend type badassness is much appreciated
Luffy being the Leader he's destined to be directing Momo
Zoro and Sanji b2b greatness
Luffy the SKY SPLITTER!!! IDGAF if its too early all yall that's bitchin stfu our boy did it! And he did it so that the Dukes could take out Jack and Perospero.
And that Captains jacket flapping in the wind just before cmon now!!

We don´t speaking here about a random side character, Jack meaning for this story was more then anything else expect the other calamity/Kaido. If Jack didn´t would be in zou, the bound as we see between the strawhats and Minks would never happen.
And you basically saying it right, this arc is so filled with many characters that Oda don´t know what to do with it.
Why he bring Perospero into this arc? Let say BM not get defeated and get a another arc, why he didn´t let him defeat in Elbaf when we would have a smaller roaster? You saying King and Queen manytimes, but Oda himself let said via Kaido and Queen how much Jack worth for them. It isn´t my word, but Kaido and Queen. Jack should be a major villian to in this arc, he meaning was such important as Kyros vs Diamante. And Diamante had many fight scenes.

Oda literally kill off the tension with his offscreen shit, neither we see the Sulong Mink army vs Jack or the Dukes vs Jack. And what he do, he repeat it when he could end it at the rooftop. Fucking one chapter, we didn´t want more, just one good fight chapter, was that too much when we clearly see Oda stalling pages for chapter 1000, showing fodders and irrelevant characters again and again?

Just reread the whole zou arc and take in mind that Oda offscreen the most important scene for the Dukes, no tension, not fight behind the all tragedy what happen in the past. God we see how Oda could do a great fight like he did with Kyros, the fight has anything, tension,drama, tragedy and revenge, two opponents fighting with their skill and attacks. But for Jack Oda offscreen it, I don´t know why you trying to hard to explain disappointed user here that is not a big deal that Jack get take out in offscreen, I understand if Jack isn´t really worth for you to have a fight scene, King is King and Queen is Queen, Jack is Jack and he should have his own special threatment.

I see so many disappointed users, not hater, really fans who liked Jack and just want a good portrayal for him. I understand and see it with you view, but as Fan I cannot agree to this. What we get from this fight? Nothing, we don´t get anything to Jack. Not a single attack and do you know how much fights Jack had since that?

And now say me, so many matchups, so many ways to at least show a simple fight for him, did we get anything?
Oda offscreen almost anything from Jack battle, at this point it is just sad. To threat a character like this is the worst, a Mangaka should think twice to handle like Oda did with Wano. We already had a huge cast in DR, did Oda learn from that?
No he make it in wano worse, offscreen many important things, Im not saying anything what he do is wrong, Wano has multiple great moments, but sadly it also has very big mistakes and we cannot ignore everything from them.

You are right, we need to move. But as reader we will always remember about this chapter, not because Luffy get his first sky split feat, it was outshined by the worst threatment of Oda to Jack and Perospero. And that is just sad since the chapter for Luffy and Momo was a big thing, one of the greatest moment for Luffy. This chapter shouldn´t have a moment who kinda kill the tension since it has a great moment with Luffy and Momo.

Jack meaning for me as reader was important, he was the first one who had 1B bounty, back then when the biggest bounty was just 550mio, he was the first commander who had a big story around the strawhats. As reader many users had high hopes for Jack, just read the chapter spoiler thread from Arlong park/Narutoforums. And we aren´t the problem, it is Oda who hype him almost for the 224time and throw him away like a toy for the 3535time. One chapter, just one chapter, we didn´t want more, the worst part is that I will always remember that a fodder like Holdem even had his own fight onscreen.

It is, he do it in the past manytimes, characters which less important get fights, as I said Tamago as example.
Oda clearly fucked this up in the moment when he take Perospero to wano, when he bring Jack back after the beat up after the rooftop. As example Oda spend to stall so many pages for running scene until we reach chapter 1000, so many pages for fodders. He literally could fill this pages with Jack getting his fight already at the rooftop and been defeated. We reader aren´t the problem, it is Oda who hype Jack twice and his meaning, he bring him back, build up his fight scene and spend pages to hype up his battle with the Duke again after the rooftop.

Oda is the problem here, he should never give pages for a fight which he want anyway end in a offscreen.
He should not take Jack back after the rooftop. But he did and hold up the tension for the battles with Pero and Jack.
Im pretty sure he also had different plans but change it in the last moment.

as "JACK FAN" it is really hard for us, since we had so many matchups and all of them always end in a offscreen battle....
This is really the worst...
This chapter should be a feast because of this Luffy moment, but sadly it get slighty overshined from the horrible writing who happens to Jack and Perospero...
I'm sorry man, I personally disagree. I think just based on the fact that you and I have different opinions about this proves that Oda's intentions for characters can be taken in different ways. For sure, I expected something more from Jack, but I personally can't blame the author for not treating one of his characters to be as important as I personally expected him to be. In hindsight, the writing was just not there for him.

Jack was simply yet another facet of the arc that wasn't really highlighted by Oda. I for sure wanted that to change with Jinbe or Yamato fighting him (to make HIM feel important, not the other way around). It's just something I've accepted.

What I mean by this is nothing Jack has done has warranted him hiding more than he already has shown. Remember how the Minks teased Sulong and said that things would be different if happened? That hyped the minks up and I would have blamed Oda if he never capitalized on Inu and Neko transforming and attacking Jack.

Jack himself never has anything more than what he was given on Zou. The chapter after he's introduced, he is immediately stopped By Inuarashi, leveling his strength to both Mink Kings. The subsequent chapters were there to hype up the Mink Kings far more than Jack, and even by the end Jack was removed to irrelevancy by being 1 shot by Zunisha. Even when he came back in Wano, Oda had Asura hit him badly and in a way that broke his blades. This, again, hyped Asura and not Jack.

Not once does Jack talk about how if he used hybrid things would be different. He never brings up fighting seriously or anything more. Then only thing that was hyped up was his bounty, which immediately was used to really just hype Kaido. Then it was degraded even more the moment Luffy fought someone with a slightly higher bounty and won lol.

I say this because realistically, I don't believe it's fair to criticize the author to show something or someone he didn't hype like he has the others. Idk, I know you don't agree with me, and that's fine. You don't have to. I just think it's far more worth it to really focus on who matters and enjoy what we get from those people, because clearly Oda didn't care about Jack in the end, only enough to to end his full relevance to the story.

I feel for you guys and other fans though. It's not fun to expect something and get nothing.

Nahhhh man, it's gonna be way bigger than this lol. Supernova's, Strawhat fleet, Revolutionaries, Whitebeard Remnants, and a myriad of other allies and kingdoms will probably be fighting.
Lol That’s gonna be chaos you can already see how Oda Can’t really handle Multiple Fights as seen in Wano goodluck enjoying the final war.One Piece might not find a satisfactory ending if so.

I'm sorry man, I personally disagree. I think just based on the fact that you and I have different opinions about this proves that Oda's intentions for characters can be taken in different ways. For sure, I expected something more from Jack, but I personally can't blame the author for not treating one of his characters to be as important as I personally expected him to be. In hindsight, the writing was just not there for him.
Read you comment and I also see your view and respect it.
You read zou and know Jack since that, for Jack I now showing you multiple panels which the Mangaka himself indirectly hype him and im pretty sure Oda rush the events and didn´t want to offpanel Jack.

Starting with zou and his meaning:
Zou:

In Wano:

At the raid:

Hype from Kaido:

By Queen:

I cut many things out, their are more content/context which shoow why Jack was important.
You cannot tell me that we reader had to much expectation when Oda was the one who hype Jack multiple times.
What was the point to give him a rest at the rooftop to bring him later to offscreen him again?
I want to understand his logic, why he bring a character back who was already defeat, build up his fight, spend pages and hype it, only to offscreen it again? Pls explain me the though why Oda make a such a terrible choice? Why not let Jack stay defeat, why hype him though Kaido and Queen?....

Probably we had big expectation, but Oda is a one problem why we had such a high hope, ofc we going to have a hope for a arc boss 200chapter ago who never had a onscreen battle.
To show how terrible Oda choice was here, imagine this:
Let say we make a simple example with Doffy, let say if Offscreen Doffy vs Sanji, let say he offscreen Doffy vs Law and then he cut out Doffy out the arc and put him in wano, where he get defeated first by Law offscreen to a point where he bring Doffy back to offscreen him again, how you would feel about that? Would you call that the users had to much expectation bro?

Jack is a similar arc boss and held at least same amount of meaning to us reader as Doffy was, if Jack wasn´t their as character, many things wouldn´t never happen in first place.... The whole story would go into a different timeline.

Oda hype Jack via Queen fucking two chapter ago and the same hyped Jack get offpanelled. Yes probably we expect to much, but Oda didn´t really help either with his own hype for Jack.

Ofc im hyped for King and Queen, but for the character Jack file is closed now and we have one of the most terrible writed commander going down with a bad memory. A commander who had such a big hype, as fishmen, as a young pirate under Kaido, Jack was just 28 and younger then BM,WsW and Sasaki, yet he is Kaido commander and we as reader really want his background, see why he was choosen by Kaido. Jack had so much potential because he was a main villian from a arc 200chapters ago. Oda really waste a big important role, Jack as character was more important then any other character which we see from Doffy members who all get at least one fight chapter. Of all calamity, Jack had the highest potential when it come to his character, Oda throw it away and I don´t wanna even talk about his fight portrayal.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
She ain't folding shit.Won't make sense at all story-wise.

Kid and Law are taking Big Mom who hasn't suffered any notable damage (with Kid being stabbed by Hawkins), while Luffy took on Kaido for the 3rd time after the Scabbards hurt him, Zoro scarred him and Yamato fought him.
Huh and Kidd and law who have no advanced haki and are beat the fuck up make sense beating a fresh meme in what world

Lol That’s gonna be chaos you can already see how Oda Can’t really handle Multiple Fights as seen in Wano goodluck enjoying the final war.One Piece might not find a satisfactory ending if so.
Oh trust me, I agree there. It's nerve wracking for sure, but I have faith only because it's allegedly been "planned" since the beginning (the actual ending I mean, not the chaos that likely precedes it). It's gonna ridiculously huge though, if this arc was anything to go by (good and bad)
Post automatically merged:

Most of the plots will be resolved by then,No way Oda making it as if World Government has a chance lol.
We'll see. I for sure believe there are a few plot related arcs left that need to be resolved before the final war, ie:

- Kuma/Bonney and how they relate to Sabo's rescue of him and likely Vegapunk. I think a Vegapunk arc is definitely coming and will be the first major arc setting up the final war. It'll be feel very Wizard of Oz imo.

- Elbaf for sure and all that comes with it. I'm not sure who or what it'll include but I'll be decently large I'm sure and it'll answer a ton of questions. I do think itll be Sky Island/Moon related as well and Urogue will be the major Supernova involved (capping off every Supernova's central arcs).

But I think, even if something is resolved via these arcs, they will still play roles in the coming final war. For example, it's very obvious to me that after Wano, Momo and the Scabbards will still play some role in the end of the story. Wano will probably be a major ally in the final War. The Supernova's who have all been around and involved will probably help Luffy. Characters like Hancock, Kuma (if he's saved), Buggy, and kingdoms like Alabasta and DR will support Luffy in his endeavors. Will Luffy ally with the Giants as well? Fishman Island needs to ve revisited/destroyed. The ancient weapons need to be revealed/used. The WG needs to be taken down.

But it's crazy because even all of that doesn't encompass the scale of what is coming. 2 other Yonko, Marines, Revo's etc will all definitely factor into the final plot. Revolutionaries have the goal of taking down the Tenryuubito and CP-0 are the ones that protect them. Who fights the SSG? Are they taken out in a Vegapunk arc or saved for the Final War? Does Blackbeard get taken out before Luffy becomes PK or is he a major factor during the Final War? Is Shanks an ally or is there something much more devious happening there?

So many avenues it's baffling to even guess how it'll go down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.