Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's obvious that that is the case. It doesn't change the fact that people are upset with it.
I feel like people expect greats things with Oda, like something will change. But no, i also didn't give a fuck about others fights except SH, so that's why i am not triggered ... Oda is same. but the thing where it doesn't make sense, is the fact Oda is giving importance to futile things that he concludes quickly after that. Just for dragging chapters ...

Then you kill him off in Zou—not stretch him for 200 chapters. Not that I believe that, with Raizo’s and Momo there they’d of seen it either way
I agree with that Zou was Jack's arc, he should have fought Luffy (first YC to be defeated) or Zoro (before his absence of two years) but what to do ...
Jack was super awesome at Zou and ended up like a total garbage ...

I think it's reasonable to say WB's quake punches are weakened at MF. BB started pulling off feats on MF WB level as soon as he acquired GGnM. I doubt WB was only as good as MF BB. Remember, Primebeard is tilting islands just by getting pissed.
That is actually my reasoning for saying that DF abilities aren't dependant on your HP level. Blackbeard pulled WB level Quakes immediately because he knew how it's done and has seen it from WB, his individual Haki level was irrelevant to accomplish that.
Likewise does it makes sense to say that the Quakes in itself don't get weaker, it is just the frequency in which the user can do it. The Anime depicted that seen as WB still using his hands, the Manga just zapped out of the scene.
Blackbeard has more endurance than LUFFY? Blackbeard wasn't even particularly injured by the quakes.

Kaidos fodder thought Luffy died when he got hit by TB.

Whitebeards quakes should theoretically be >>> a base one handed TB.

What you are arguing is Blackbeard's ability to tank attacks is tiers above Boundmans.

Its BB wank
No it isn't. Blackbeard's body is normal flesh, unlike Luffy. WB simply ripped it open with his bizento and then Quakes him, but Blackbeard endured it. Luffy's endurance has always been overrated and plot driven. A single TB knocked him out while several other characters took CoC infused club strikes without losing consciousness.

Why should WB's Quakes be above TB?
WB uses DC while Kaido uses AP, completely different ways of attacking.

How I expect the next few chapters to go:

- A few Luffy/Yamato vs Kaido scenes
- Fukurokuju goes down in a few pages (like Jack/Peros).
- We learn how Orochi survives with his power and what he's up to
- Killer beats Hawkins in half a chapter. There will be a connection between this fight and Kid's performance with BM. Once this is taken care of we will see Kid (and maybe Law) perform a signdicant move on BM
- Apoo calls all 10 Numbers (or at least the 3/4 that are still unrevealed) to fight on the performance floor. Zoro/Sanji are distracted. Drake is held back by Apoo. Hyou is weak again. Kawamatsu potentially is fighting fodder to keep them away from Zoro/Sanji. Izo is taking care of Marco. This prompts either Chopper (new form?) Or Usopp or a combination to take out the Numbers. Maybe Chopper becomes a proper Kaiju and fights them? Maybr Usopp snipes them from the castle?
- Drake beats Apoo
- Momo saves Onigashima, island lands somewhere else.
- Then Queen/King fights start.

I'd say the next 4-5 chapters worth Of content

Last edited:
Having a Top tier in this arc woudln't have made the power difference so huge that Oda had to pull PIS and ass-pulls as frequently as he did to conveniently let the main cast not get washed when they should've.
I disagree the problem with Wano that it has too many characters. Thats why Oda cant focus the fights. Adding marines to the story would be overkill.

I feel like people expect greats things with Oda, like something will change. But no, i also didn't give a fuck about others fights except SH, so that's why i am not triggered ... Oda is same. but the thing where it doesn't make sense, is the fact Oda is giving importance to futile things that he concludes quickly after that. Just for dragging chapters ...
Personally I agree, it never really bothered me that much, but I am somewhat disappointed Jack didn't get more exposition with his fighting style.

Too late now lol

That is actually my reasoning for saying that DF abilities aren't dependant on your HP level. Blackbeard pulled WB level Quakes immediately because he knew how it's done and has seen it from WB, his individual Haki level was irrelevant to accomplish that.
Likewise does it makes sense to say that the Quakes in itself don't get weaker, it is just the frequency in which the user can do it. The Anime depicted that seen as WB still using his hands, the Manga just zapped out of the scene.

No it isn't. Blackbeard's body is normal flesh, unlike Luffy. WB simply ripped it open with his bizento and then Quakes him, but Blackbeard endured it. Luffy's endurance has always been overrated and plot driven. A single TB knocked him out while several other characters took CoC infused club strikes without losing consciousness.

Why should WB's Quakes be above TB?
WB uses DC while Kaido uses AP, completely different ways of attacking.
Lol you are downplaying WB here.

Primebeard KOs yami teach with a backhand CoC attacl

I disagree the problem with Wano that it has too many characters. Thats why Oda cant focus the fights. Adding marines to the story would be overkill.
Well, any arc from now on will be full of characters, Oda should get it together or it's just going to get worse.
Post automatically merged:

Lol you are downplaying WB here.

Primebeard KOs yami teach with a backhand CoC attacl
CoC attack is not a Quake punch. Prime WB's CoC strike is above a base Quake punch, look at how he clashed with Roger.

What you all rate Wano out of 10? Personally i think it could've been better, so my rating is 7.6/10 (would put an 8...but idk, I'm just not feeling like it should get that score, not every arc is gonna be top tier), let's hope Elbaf brings back some excitement to the table, whenever it comes around at least, I just miss the adventurous, piratey feeling One piece used to have in it's arcs, Wano lacked that feeling ever since it started off, so it feels sorta hollow for me, still a good arc, but nothing spectacular to say, maybe it's because i've been reading it weekly ever since Wano started is why i think it's not all that, maybe binge watching it will give it a better reception from me, idk, even the side characters in Wano seem forgettable, some at least, like Tama:whitepress:, and a few others i don't care to mention, idk man maybe i'm just tired of the samurai theme? Which tbh, wasn't executed to it's fullest potential, I think i'm also tired of the "open the borders" and the "defeat kaido" and the "i'm Oden!" Stuff....gosh, they talk about that shit too much man! Especially Oden!:lusalty:, The man's dead, fulfill his wish, which is beat kaido, free Wano kuni and open up the borders! That's it! No need to yab about it so much, people already know what the goal is here, jeez, anyways that's enough rambling from me, maybe i just felt like blowing off some steam, I may not have brought up any valid points but...give me your insight, I wanna know what people think about Wano as a whole.

Well, any arc from now on will be full of characters, Oda should get it together or it's just going to get worse.
I don't think any arc outside of the final war is going to be bigger than Wano in terms of characters. If he does Vegapunk, Elbaf, Lodestar, Laugh Tale, God Valley, whatever, they will certainly have less characters than Wano. Wano is the culmination of like 4 other arcs lol. Only the Final War will top it imo

Status
Not open for further replies.