Strongest YC1

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't about being racist or not as if that's a dichotomy, we can all have racist ideas and behaviors, it's just common cultural inheritance; especially for countries like Japan, where subtle racism is everywhere (among other things...). That said, it's clear that, whether doing it right or wrong when he tries, Oda has very progressive intentions. A narrow minded conservative would never write Zoro's past or put trans as one of the most visible faces of the revolution, for example.
Of course he is like that, I was addressing the flawed takers here who unironically (that would be messed up irony) find Oda like that.

Also being racist does not equate distinguishing races in a manga where actual races objectively do exist and many at it, it would be the bias constituted towards even one of those which doesn't seem to be Oda's case at all here essentially.

In fact the injustice he portrays all the time doesn't make him racist, but perhaps this elementary concept is not yet clear on this site.

OK on serious note :
You don't need racist slurs to be racist toward someone who doesn't have same human features : skintone, hair type , language etc.. as you.

There's subtle racism which can be shown via jokes, gestures, attitudes, art, movies...
It may sound cool and not serious but the person is actually sending a bad message & image to people's subconscious & consciousness.

I dont mind jokes but since it's a huge forum, you can't tell if someone has that sweet racism that's why I can't take some jokes from certain users whom I know are already toxic.

This is my final reply to anyone who quoted me or tried to talk me down.
It isn't about being racist or not as if that's a dichotomy, we can all have racist ideas and behaviors, it's just common cultural inheritance; especially for countries like Japan, where subtle racism is everywhere (among other things...). That said, it's clear that, whether doing it right or wrong when he tries, Oda has very progressive intentions. A narrow minded conservative would never write Zoro's past or put trans as one of the most visible faces of the revolution, for example.
Good post

Oda is shady tho... I think he really has some hate on women as fighters lol no way someone who's progressive writes female characters like this

OK on serious note :
You don't need racist slurs to be racist toward someone who doesn't have same human features : skintone, hair type , language etc.. as you.

There's subtle racism which can be shown via jokes, gestures, attitudes, art, movies...
It may sound cool and not serious but the person is actually sending a bad message & image to people's subconscious & consciousness.

I dont mind jokes but since it's a huge forum, you can't tell if someone has that sweet racism that's why I can't take some jokes from certain users whom I know are already toxic.

This is my final reply to anyone who quoted me or tried to talk me down.

Good post

Oda is shady tho... I think he really has some hate on women as fighters lol no way someone who's progressive writes female characters like this
Dude it’s really not that srs
This is aimed toward Zoro stans yet we find it funny the most :gokulaugh:

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
:kayneshrug: this is why Linlin is the best Yonko even if she kinds sucks too
She has a female commander, has all races except 3 who are ancient, her empire flourish....

No wonder why her empire has been undefeated for decades
Bro....

Her "undefeated and stable" empire was this close to being completely destroyed because of a cake lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.