Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finally got the time to read the chapter. Been avoiding spoilers these days since it's reaching the climax parts of the arc and I've been too busy, and glad to see this amazing chapter without reading the spoilers.

Big Mom turning metal pipes into homies and using her own life span to increase her power is really cool. This will be a very brutal fight and I'm interested how Kid and Law will manage it with their awakened powers. I enjoy this fight because it's more about how they will use their DF abilities to outpower/outsmart Big Mom, what more tricks they can actually do with their own DF instead of pure strengths or haki. This reminds me of the earlier fights in One Piece when it's all about DF abilities.

Drake declining to join with Apoo is as expected, but things get interesting when Yamato barging in, especially when Fuga is following her, he's acting like he recognizes her. I wonder if they are actually the three samurai (Ushimaru and his friends) who got turned into Numbers. And if this is actually true, I wonder if they will help Yamato dealing with Kazenbo. Also maybe someone will help Brook and Robin deal with CP0. Perhaps Jinbe? or Denjiro?

Sanji hitting a woman is what I've always been waiting. Perhaps from now on he can attack any woman enemies if he has to protect himself, without having to trouble himself or others. Now that his transformation process is most likely completed, yet he is still able to feel sad right now, I wonder is he actually becomes an enhanced that still retains his emotion, like Reiju? or will he eventually lose all of his emotion like his brothers?

Plus the moment when he asked Zoro to kill him in case he loses his mind is definitely a true bro moment. The fact that he asked no one but Zoro to kill him, and Zoro agreeing to do it without hesitation (even though he doesn't know what is going on) and telling Sanji not to die before that, it shows how much of respect and trust between them. Sanji knows that Zoro does not only have the strength to kill him, but he also knows that Zoro is the only person that could handle the stress/burden of doing that, being the most stoic member of the group.

A perfect chapter. Too bad it's break next week, but Oda needs to get enough rest to make sure the next chapters will be even more lit.

nik87

Kitetsu Wanker
Thoughest =/= strongest
Nami isn't disrespecting anyone here. All that she's saying is that out of all the crewmembers Zoro can endure the most.
Luffy isnt even strong enough to be on Zoro's radar...
He has been after only two guys - the two guys with World's Strongest titles.
Luffy is just his lil bro that he protects.

That’s edited. The official translation is: he’s always been a sound sleeper.
No, it is not.
Official translator -

Viz -

It's cool that way back in CH 975, you can see the seeds planted for Kid/Law vs BM. He made sure to give them reactions here when it was stated that she allied with Kaido:

Side note, I hope Oda gives a few pages for Law and Kid's crews to do something, at least the notable ones here. I know we've seen Heat and Bepo fight, but I'm talking about a little more presence where its useful.
The seeds for Kid/Law were planted since Sabaody. I made a thread about this long ago

I wonder if Oda always planned to go this route of Sanji getting rid of the RS or if there’s been a backlash and he’s changed his mind.

Because it’s been a bit weird how it’s went, from “I will never use this!” to using it at the first possible opportunity, throwing it on in the bathshouse no problem, using it against Momo now him refusing to use it and destroying it. Without much hints in the way that Sanji didn’t like it- if anything, he seemed begrudgingly impressed by it.
Definitely a retcon because of the backlash in my opinion, it is very unlikely for a character to lose their powerups in a Shonen and Oda follows the Shonen rules 99% of the time.

Luffy isnt even strong enough to be on Zoro's radar...
He has been after only two guys - the two guys with World's Strongest titles.
Luffy is just his lil bro that he protects.

No, it is not.
Official translator -

Viz -
I find different translations on different sites. Fortunately I do have all the volumes and I will
Check ones I’m home next week. But even “tough” doesn’t mean he is the strongest. It means he can’t take the most damage, which is true. Zoro has always been the one who could take the most as his fights are the bloodiest ones.

I just remembered that Zeus is still alive and attached to Big Mom. In this chapter, all her homies got a boost because she ate a piece of her lifespan; this should include Zeus. The next time we see Nami, her climatact is gonna go crazy

I loved the color spread this week, and I loved how Zoro was the focal point. Also sexy Bepo was apparently necessary.

I still don't trust Kidd and Law to defeat Big Mom. I still think Oda plans on having Luffy defeat her in Elbaf. It's nothing against Kidd and Law, but I just can't stop thinking that Big Mom will play a role in Elbaf. I am preparing myself for Big Meme gags in Elbaf. Also on a more serious note if Kidd and Law used awakening and Big Mom is still standing, then are they actually going to be able to pull through? Will advanced haki bloom for them during the battle?

Law needs to defeat an emperor so he can learn the true history. I would also like to get some answers. Maybe Law and Robin should consider sitting down some time and sharing notes. No offense but what does defeating Big Mom have to do with learning information on the will of the D? Once again have you tried talking to Robin?

Speak of Robin, I hope she'll be safe for the rest of the arc. I also think if she's captured and taken away from Wano, then the SHs will need to work fast to save her.

I didn't know that there was a theory that some of the numbers are the same samurai who were in Yamato's flashback. I wonder what Oda plans on doing with them because that flashback definitely didn't feel completed.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I think that Oda should have ended Sanji's emotional issues and doubts during WCI. Was it really necessary to add it to Wano, which is already so padded with characters and plotlines?

However, I did enjoy how Sanji's eyebrow changed. Maybe Sanji will have to accept that he has Vinsmoke genes, but he will learn how to retain his emotions while utilizing the exoskeleton?

I loved seeing Hell's Memories again. I am ready for Sanji to defeat Queen!

Last edited:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Best chapter of Onigashima and one of Sanji's best character moments.

I'm glad that Linlin isn't getting too short changed compared to Kaido, and her fight is receiving ample amounts of focus. I would've preferred she faced Luffy due to all the build up those two have had, but Kid and even Law are proving not bad substitutes. Kid especially this feels cathartic since he's had one of the roughest runs for the top. The fact he's here now and backing an Emperor against a wall shows his will power and determination stand amongst the top of the world.

Sanji stole the show. Oda did a fantastic job of presenting Sanji's inner turmoil. I like the choice in how he reacted at the possibility he broke his code at striking a woman. It wasn't overreaction, as expected, but subdued sadness. He's coming to terms with the idea he'll cease being 'him' soon enough. But instead of wallowing on what it means for him, he's concerned with what it would mean for his crew. The chivalrous Sanji, a man with a code of ethics that's unbreakable to a practical fault, someone you could count on to never let go of his ways no matter the circumstances, is now forcefully being changed forever. Sanji's principles have done a lot of good for his friends, but they've been considered setbacks for them in the eyes of some. The Straw Hats have enjoyed and been irritated by him on equal measures.

Who they've come to know, love, and get annoyed at may be gone by the end of this Raid. As a replacement, it would be a cold and efficient soldier, with no exploitable weaknesses or ethics. He could prove an asset to most Pirate Crews, but Luffy and the others aren't like other crews.

It's something Sanji contemplates. He has always hated his family and what they stood for, but he has devoted himself to the Straw Hats. He once believed that setting aside his hatred could help the crew. It's why he put on the Raid Suit to begin with. But how much further can it go? Would Luffy appreciate a friend sacrificing their whole self just to make his dreams come true?

Sanji ultimately decides he'll go down with the ship, destroying the Raid Suit (thank goodness) as his last statement against his family and a declaration of the man he truly is. I loved the last exchange Sanji and Zoro had at the end. It displays the level of respect Sanji has for Zoro to entrust his faith to him, and an understanding that Zoro can shoulder any burden, such as taking the life of a crewmember if it must be done. Zoro, however, can tell Sanji's troubled and chooses to mask any concern via their usual macho spats. Zoro isn't ready to give up on Sanji, and encourages him to see this battle to the end. Sanji's Hell Memories finally return, but rather than trauma empowering it, it's, as the closing captions say, his resolve, and the possible last bastion of self he probably has left, all concentrated on Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.