Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oda please save Sanji :shame:

I dont want to see Sanji with a King-race type power up, because it means, it will be useless against top tiers (no improvement in Haki, i.e., CoA, CoO, and lets not talk about CoC).

:risitavirus:

Is Sanji really going to be like Gaban?

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I call it a Zoro arc because Wano is deeply tied to his past which is the first time since chapter 05. The death of Yasuie Shimotsuki left a mark on our swordsman. The Revelation that Kuina's family was from and Enma and Wado Ichimonji were made by Kozaburo. Its obvious Ushimaru was his father and that Wanokuni was his real birthplace which Oda has yet to show. The stakes have never been higher and more personal for Zoro and this is the perfect place to make him suffer a loss to rise again. Its the ideal set up to explore his past completely.
The reason I'm not ready to call it Zoro's arc just yet is that Wano is massive, and accommodating it to a single character just doesn't seem right with how much is going on. However, Zoro is definitely one of the main actors of this play. Oda open the arc with him, and I have no doubt he'll close it as well. If nothing else, he is almost as much the protagonist in this arc as Luffy.

Zoro being the 1 percent man (correction its Drake lol) is something I have not think of it but it makes perfect sense considering the sheer amount of beating he is taking and using Enma at full power is next level gamble. If there is an act 4 and eventual loss Zoro is gonna be out of action for a while. This could be the ideal set up for G-5 to come to Wano to rescue the Straw Hats as a callback to Punk Hazard. Tashigi saving and nursing Zoro Crash Landing On You style is perfect beyond words. She would be the ideal person to give him the motivation to stand up and fight again at his lowest (make a callback reversal to Kuina's promise). If Oda does this you turn a great arc into legendary tier.
I would abandon all of my current expectations for the arc moving forward just for this. Yes, I'd derail the Alliance's whole efforts for something like the bolded. Tashigi needs to meet the real Zoro. Zoro has come to appreciate her in secret, but she is still unaware of how he feels and where his nature truly lies. To learn that all this time, he has been fighting for impoverished innocents, putting his body on the line for his allies, never allowing himself to give up, and holding on to his dreams as strongly as she does, it would be a quick ticket to falling in love.

Nursing back to health is such a cliche, but so effective whenever it's used to reveal something about both characters. Very Ravenels-esque.

Speaking of CLOY, it would be amazing to see Tashigi try and prevent Zoro from leaving his bed area until he is fully recovered. Zoro has never had to deal with being restrained by a very stubborn character while recovering, and when he is, it's played for laughs.

Last edited:
B

Ballel

We got a confirmation.

In the Spanish version Zoro says "mejor amigo" which is the masculine version of best friend.
So the "best friend" was indeed for Luffy.

It's something really easy to miss out in English due lacking a word for each gender
Spanish is another translation. And amigo can be used asthe general word for friend

We have confirmation that blade are made for killing and Enma is Shimotzuki Kozaburo master piece.
We have confirmation that Zoro is referring to 2 person Luffy and Kuina at the end.

Also this point is stack with me:

the world greatest swordsman that great!! it fitting since your new boss is gona be the king of pirate!! Anything else would make me look bad!!

This point is proving that Luffy cannot become a great pirate king (or the best pirate king) without having the strongest swordsman in the crew. This new generation will have a pirate king with the strongest crew ever (Zoro is 99% of the power but hey :suresure:)

Anyway nothing really change with VIC scan :blush:.

Splendid chapter 10/10 - best part is how Oda connected Zoro's flashback with the 3 blades and of course Zoro's ambition:blush:

B

Ballel

No it can't.

I cant call a girl a "amigo" for that I would use the word "amiga" we have a word for each of the two sexes.

Don't try to lecture me in my mother tongue language lmao.
Yeah thats not what I said.

Check the Japanese to see which genderrhey used

We got a confirmation.

In the Spanish version Zoro says "mejor amigo" which is the masculine version of best friend.

It's something really easy to miss out in English due lacking a word for each gender

Latino here so I'm 100% sure
So there is no specification in the original
in the french version the last line is without a doubt about kuina

I

Indigo

We got a confirmation.

Latino here so I'm 100% sure
Brazillian Portuguese they used "amiga"

Female Version

and the chapter shows Zoro making both promises to Luffy and Kuina, seems pretty confirmed to me

:kayneshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.