Rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean in this context it's better if Zoro was mentioning both Luffy and Kuina. Luffy is his captain, but Kuina was his childhood friend, the first one that Zoro made a promise to become the WSS
And it's been awhile that Zoro has ever mentinoned Kuina so it's fitting here
For it would be redundant cuz in this chapter we got the promise to Kuina already via flashback.
Both is the easiest answer I guess.

Oda please save Sanji :shame:

I dont want to see Sanji with a King-race type power up, because it means, it will be useless against top tiers (no improvement in Haki, i.e., CoA, CoO, and lets not talk about CoC).

:risitavirus:

Is Sanji really going to be like Gaban?
Judge's son can turn invisible and tank toy swords and fodder bullets without using haki, he's already a special snowflake when compared to Gaban who is just there to be part of a gag.

The reason I'm not ready to call it Zoro's arc just yet is that Wano is massive, and accommodating it to a single character just doesn't seem right with how much is going on. However, Zoro is definitely one of the main actors of this play. Oda open the arc with him, and I have no doubt he'll close it as well. If nothing else, he is almost as much the protagonist in this arc as Luffy.
True there were so many factions and characters introduced in this arc its crazy . However, Oda seems to be hinting at a larger and a shift to a more Zoro centric arc. Even with the last chapter, I believe we are only scratching at the surface. We still need to know what happened to Ushimaru and how Zoro got to East Blue. Kozaburo's life as pirate is purposefully left as a mystery.

I am happy that Zoro is not becoming stronger because of Hiyori's shamisen. My god that would have been Naruto level of bad writing and I would have Sangwooed Oda out of a glass bridge if he pulled that crap. I am happy that the key to becoming one with a katana is to understand its nature. The way Marimo tames Enma literally parallels the way he does it with Wado Ichimonji in my Zoro vs Mihawk fan-fiction which is awesome.

I would abandon all of my current expectations for the arc moving forward just for this. Yes, I'd derail the Alliance's whole efforts for something like the bolded. Tashigi needs to meet the real Zoro. Zoro has come to appreciate her in secret, but she is still unaware of how he feels and where his nature truly lies. To learn that all this time, he has been fighting for impoverished innocents, putting his body on the line for his allies, never allowing himself to give up, and holding on to his dreams as strongly as she does, it would be a quick.

Nursing back to health is such a cliche, but so effective whenever it's used to reveal something about both characters. Very Ravenels-esque.

Speaking of CLOY, it would be amazing to see Tashigi try and prevent Zoro from leaving his bed area until he is fully recovered. Zoro has never had to deal with being restrained by a very stubborn character while recovering, and when he is, it's played for laughs.
I think deep down Tashigi has always admired Zoro's strength and courage in Loguetown but its never told to us explicitly. He is pretty much the samurai she wishes to become much like Marimo wanted to be as strong as Kuina.

Speaking of CLOY, I would love Nami telling Zoro that Tashigi went through a lot of trouble to save Momo, Tama, and her. Then Marimo actually shows his real kinder side to our captain when he is feeling better.

Since we are near the end I think Tashigi is long overdue for an arc that focuses on her and Zoro.

I don’t think king healed himself from the Shi shi sonson using flames otherwise the suit won’t be healed but rather the shishi sonson had flames in it
Post automatically merged:

Well, this chapter did imply that you conquer Enma by overloading it with your haki, CoC specifically. Zoro was actually doing the opposite, trying to keep his haki to himself to avoid being drained. This is what he said at the start of the rooftop after using Onigiri with NO hardening.

Translation "Gotta ease on the haki restriction a bit."

So basically he was not using Enma correctly.
Exactly, but due to that thought he was able to master Ryou on a level above the scabbards just like how Luffy did but without a master. Thus allowing him to flow his CoC the moment it was awakened also similar to how Luffy and Yamato coat their attacks with it

Now that I think about it, this is probably how Oden became a monster at such a young age it was due to Enma innately and continuously training him and pushing him beyond his limits

Great chapter. Zoro vs King is turning out to be everything I thought and hoped it would be. Zoro getting some more backstory is always great, and King is a real challenge. And even with all that, Zoro’s line about Luffy at the end was the best part.

Gotta say though, the amount of people saying Zoro has advanced CoC despite literally becoming aware he had CoC in this chapter is embarrassing. But it’s WorstGen, so it’s not surprising. Zoro has a great chapter, so the super fanboys have to be toxic about it.

Anyways, can’t wait for this fight to continue. It’s getting real.
Look I don’t think it takes rocket science to understand that in order to use the so called “advanced CoC” or CoC coating is just basically to let your CoC flow into your attacks using the concept of Ryou along with your CoA. I’m sure that advanced CoC is ultimately using it to make CoA and Coo more powerful

Current Zoro > Current Luffy

EoS Zoro > Eos Luffy

My cents

"Wanna become a King Roronoa? King referenced to Ryuma in the past:

I bet Zoro shall become the New World's Strongest.
Keep dreaming

He wasn't using it upto its potential.

No, he won't. Nor he is stronger currently.

Don’t take this guy seriously, he’s nunts

Last edited:

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
True there were so many factions and characters introduced in this arc its crazy . However, Oda seems to be hinting at a larger and a shift to a more Zoro centric arc. Even with the last chapter, I believe we are only scratching at the surface. We still need to know what happened to Ushimaru and how Zoro got to East Blue. Kozaburo's life as pirate is purposefully left as a mystery.
Absolutely. This chapter was moreso about highlighting the purpose of Enma in Zoro's growth. It makes the later revelations that much more exciting.

I don't know how much more Oda plans on delving into Kozaburo's past after this chapter, as most of the essential details were covered, save his reasons for leaving the country, that may be handled in a larger flashback of someone else's. Hopefully it is the extended Zoro/Shimotsuki flashback. Perhaps shedding light onto Yasu's relationship with Ushimaru, how Zoro made into the East Blue, Tashigi and Kuina's connection, and maybe a light look at Ryuma during his time.

I am happy that Zoro is not becoming stronger because of Hiyori's shamisen. My god that would have been Naruto level of bad writing and I would have Sangwooed Oda out of a glass bridge if he pulled that crap. I am happy that the key to becoming one with a katana is to understand its nature. The way Marimo tames Enma literally parallels the way he does it with Wado Ichimonji in my Zoro vs Mihawk fan-fiction which is awesome.
It's exactly as I thought ever since Hitetsu revealed the creator of Enma. That sword is a legacy of the Shimotsuki, and it will be a Shimotsuki who puts it to best use by turning it black.

It was never about Oden or Hiyori, or goodness forbid, Zoro and Hiyori :sanjimeh:. It was about Zoro and his swords. Enma wishes to fight by Zoro's side, but not while he doubts himself, and its outbursts were a wakeup call for him. The key to becoming the strongest swordsman is to become one with the blade. And the Shimotsuki believe that most strongly, as they choose to bury themselves with their blades. It feels quite fitting that Ryuma's corpse was completely burned to ash, leaving only Shusui. A blade he marked with his will, his spirit.

And yeah, it's very akin to your story. It almost feels like Oda may have been stalking you for ideas. lol

I think deep down Tashigi has always admired Zoro's strength and courage in Loguetown but its never told to us explicitly. He is pretty much the samurai she wishes to become much like Marimo wanted to be as strong as Kuina.
Yeah, there is Loguetown, but I feel Punk Hazard was when she truly gained respect for him. Their first meeting was under the pretense they were both just sword enthusiasts, which washed away as soon she learned he was a Pirate. She couldn't separate him from other thugs who used swords for dishonorable purposes. And in Alabasta, she mostly let the Straw Hats go as it would be shameful to turn them in when she failed to put a stop to Crocodile and his plans.

She's still unaware that the two of them are more alike than she believes. But Zoro knows. lol

Speaking of CLOY, I would love Nami telling Zoro that Tashigi went through a lot of trouble to save Momo, Tama, and her. Then Marimo actually shows his real kinder side to our captain when he is feeling better.
Nami playing matchmaker. I can totally see that. Reminds me of Kagome trying to hook up Sango and Miroku in Inuyasha.

@PuckTheGreat @EtenBoby What gender is zoro using when he refers to the promise he made to his 'friend'?
There's no gender but with the way it is phrased (i.e. clearly referring to two different people imo) and the context from the chapter, I think it's pretty clear that that Zoro is referring to Kuina. If Zoro was referring to Luffy, I think it'd have been phrased differently.
Also as a supplement, I watch quite a few JP OP youtubers and none read it as Zoro referring to Luffy but rather Kuina so I don't really think it's contentious/ambiguous.

Status
Not open for further replies.