rate:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Well Oda seems to respect his character. In King's last moment, instead of focusing on "torture loving freak" he focused on "loyal first mate" side, reminisicing of good old days with Kaido and wishing Kaido to be Pirate King, just like what Monet said to Doffy in PH.

Kinda similar to Jack which before his defeat in Rooftop, was highlighted to be Kaido's loyal soldier. But kind of contrary to what happened in Queen. In his last moment, iir his good side wasn't really shown instead he kept talking about Germa this Germa that, Judge this Judge that. Although out of all 3, Queen was portrayed to be the most light hearted one.
Out of all three, Queen's the only one who never really displayed much respect for Kaido. He seemed to have a lot of pride in being an All Star and in the Beast Pirates though. So I guess he should have the same amount of pride in serving under Kaido.

But yeah, Oda did Arbel pretty well this chapter. I was worried when I read the first spoilers and thought he was getting really done poorly. But once the pics dropped the chapter really god damn shined. Arbel went out like a beast.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
No true panel of KIng's back is provided, but this last panel, you can see some flames around. But most importantly context suggests he is in fire mode in the midst of all the blurry panels.
The last panels we see of him, Arbel doesn't have the fire around his head. The very last close up there's something behind him but it doesn't look like his fire by a long shot.

Out of all three, Queen's the only one who never really displayed much respect for Kaido. He seemed to have a lot of pride in being an All Star and in the Beast Pirates though. So I guess he should have the same amount of pride in serving under Kaido.

But yeah, Oda did Arbel pretty well this chapter. I was worried when I read the first spoilers and thought he was getting really done poorly. But once the pics dropped the chapter really god damn shined. Arbel went out like a beast.
Queen is an ass, easily the worst Calamity out of all 3.

The last panels we see of him, Arbel doesn't have the fire around his head. The very last close up there's something behind him but it doesn't look like his fire by a long shot.
Its too small of a panel so read the context.
Try to read my thread.
It doesn't make Arbel much better in comparison to Zoro either way because those were nameless CoC strikes when Zoro mocked Arbel "why you worried can't you dodge"

Ιt seems that the arc is ending simirarly to ennies lobby. All the fights will end with only luffy and kaido standing still. The whole alliance except luffy will fight against the invading marines. Once kaido is taken down, the straw hats will escape from the marines with the samurai standing in the middle as shields.

Nah, I really can't see it being fire. The fire is distinctive. You can easily tell it's there. It doesn't look prominent enough for it to be fire.

Meanwhile, Arbel's hair has been doing flips every time he's moving / hit by Zoro

The bottom most one in particular looks "edged" and rough up close.
In that second panel that definitely fire as we can see the embers flowing around the top of his head. I do see your point in his hair can flow like fire, but Oda can be a bit inconsistent with drawing King's fire, and fire in general.

Sure it can be shaded sometimes, but as in the aforementioned page it's just white with line work.

In the last clash Oda doesn’t make it clear, but that was King's last stand and I personally wouldn't want to consider King an idiot if that was his speed form.

Arbel would be beaten by the attack either way, but I'm just going off of what I can see in the panels.
Context is more important than panels where there is too much blur

Read the chapter in serial and pay attention to following details.
Every time King does a high speed dash
Every time King transitions from no fire mode to summoning fire of any kind
Zoro's statement to king right before finisher
King himself right before summoning imperial dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.