Rate the chapter!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zboys down bad after this chapter

:crazwhat:

Remember when they said ZKK rides on whether Zoro is still conscious in the next chapter last chapter...

He's lying there in a puddle of his blood. ZKK boys...maybe it's time to give it up?

Anyway Zoro being the king of hell is a badass title similar to dark king.

Midd and Law struggling with Big Mom while Luffy going 1 on 1 with Kaido you cannot tell me there isn't a noticabld gap between Luffy and Kidd, Law and Zoro when it comes to power.

Yamato best girl is definitely on her way to becoming a Straw hatter.

Luffy vs Kaido 1 on 1 Emperor vs Emperor.

I think this finally puts to rest the idea that Kaidou needs to be killed this arc.
If the defeat involves him realizing that he isn't Joyboy, but Luffy is instead, then he would have no need to reinvade Wano, since he's only there for it's importance to the Joyboy plot. But if his entire worldview is flipped by Luffy, then he'd need plenty of time to reassess things, find a new life goal, a new drive with the knowledge that it's Luffy who Joyboy was waiting for.

What Zoro does in his fights - chopping people into pieces. :crazwhat:
What Luffy does in his fights - smiling. :saden:
And someone still calls Luffy's fights good. :cantseeme:

What part of "cringe is bad" you dont understand? :kriwhat:

Cant see what you dont wish to see. :milaugh:
This response is cringe. Enjoying a fight is more badass than playing up fake emo shit like Zoro and Sanji lol

This was a great chapter to end the year on, perfect battle conclusion, character moments, informative flashbacks, unexpected defeats and a legendary set-up, this chapter had it all.

The King of Hell - It appears that Oda has finally cemented the parallels between Zoro and Rayleigh, the Dark King. I had thought that Zoro would go through the route of forging a black blade and taking on the title of sword god, but, considering how his battle with King was finalized based on who was a better right hand to the future Pirate king, it only makes sense that he would take on a title similar to the right hand of the previous Pirate king.
I thought that he would pass out after the effects of the Mink drug, hopefully Oda actually shows the consequences of Zoro taking that drug.

The samurai way - The similarities between the samurai's and Kaido's obsessions with death are unravelling with each episode, its clear that death is better to them than defeat or living with failure. Ussop's stance is a great character moment for him as he acknowledges that his methods may be dishonorable, but living on should ultimately be the goal. It highlights a flaw in Kaido's and samurai's way of thinking, one shouldn't seek an honorable death, but rather strive to live on and only come to terms with death when it is inevitable.

A wise choice - Oda having CP0 defeat X-Drake and make Apoo flee was a great choice for the story going forwards. CP0's inclusion in Whole Cake Island and Wano was baffling to me at first, but at this point its clear that Oda is introducing them as a future obstacle for the strawhats, and based on how quickly they dealt with two of the Worst generation, it shows just how difficult the battle against the World Government will be.

Joyboy - The Luffy vs Kaido fight is becoming more so a fight between a failed Joyboy Candidate and a promising Joyboy candidate, at this point it has nothing to do with Wano or the samurai, having been turned to a personal rivalry between the two. Kaido is basically a Luffy that failed in his beliefs, which is why he is so intrigued by Luffy, he sees a bit of his old self in him. I think this battle will end with Kaido acknowledging Luffy as Joyboy in defeat.

Those Crocodile/Alabasta comparisons to Kaido/Wano are starting to make sense.
  • Crocodile was a warlord who failed in his dreams and had become dejected by it - Kaido is an emperor that failed to become joyboy and has resorted to destroying the world and dying in the process.
  • Luffy lost several times to both Crocodile and Kaido before ultimately surpassing them.
  • Vivi had to disarm a bomb that was threatening destroy Alabasta - Momo has to stop Onigashima from falling and destroying the Flower Capital.
  • Battles are occurring in midst of a war.
  • Threat of World government intervention looming after the battle, in Alabasta it was Smoker, here it is CPO or the World Government ships headed to Wano...etc.

I

Indigo

It's kinda crazy how far we've come when you think about it.

Remember weak / coward Usopp, back in the East Blue.

Now we are watching this man taking down a bunch of fodder in the New World / Wano, getting saved / helped by a Whitebeard Commander, and then the Commander knows about Usopp by name and counts on him for help.

That is fucking crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.