What has awakened that the Gorosei are talking about?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well technically there's still a chance Zoro could be close given the powerups he received but I can understand why you would say Luffy is on another level.

The "Law and Kid are just behind him" tho
There’s really not. Law and Kid are fighting someone who is on Kaido’s level, have pushed her so far that she actively cut out a year of her lifespan just to fight them. Meanwhile, that same person would utterly destroy King, who Zoro is fighting, who Zoro was also getting overwhelmed by. He’s not close to them. They’re Luffy’s rivals. They’re not going to be his equals, but they’re going to be close as hell, particularly in my opinion Law (I believe he is or will be the Whitebeard to Luffy’s Roger).
Big Mom was referred to as “the iron balloon” or something of the like when he was talking about the Yonko. She hasn’t taken damage in decades, except, according to Bege, one time she went through hunger pangs and cut her knee. Kaido meanwhile has been defeated seven times iirc, and when Luffy hit him in chapter 1000, recalled a group of people that he associated Luffy with (as people that he takes seriously), one of whom was Shanks. Shanks was the youngest of that group, meaning Kaido would have encountered him much more recently, meaning he probably would have taken damage much more recently than what was said about Big Mom.

Don’t know if this has been addressed yet, but do the Gorosei ever leave that little fucking room?? The one time we’ve seen them outside is the Im reveal, and there’s nothing in their chambers except chairs that look comically uncomfortable…
Theyre playing squid game to pick whos gonna win a vacation to maldives? Last one to leave wins?

There’s really not. Law and Kid are fighting someone who is on Kaido’s level, have pushed her so far that she actively cut out a year of her lifespan just to fight them. Meanwhile, that same person would utterly destroy King, who Zoro is fighting, who Zoro was also getting overwhelmed by. He’s not close to them. They’re Luffy’s rivals. They’re not going to be his equals, but they’re going to be close as hell, particularly in my opinion Law (I believe he is or will be the Whitebeard to Luffy’s Roger).

Big Mom was referred to as “the iron balloon” or something of the like when he was talking about the Yonko. She hasn’t taken damage in decades, except, according to Bege, one time she went through hunger pangs and cut her knee. Kaido meanwhile has been defeated seven times iirc, and when Luffy hit him in chapter 1000, recalled a group of people that he associated Luffy with (as people that he takes seriously), one of whom was Shanks. Shanks was the youngest of that group, meaning Kaido would have encountered him much more recently, meaning he probably would have taken damage much more recently than what was said about Big Mom.
Replace Kidd or Law with Zoro and the result is the same if not better since Zoro actually has the coating ability. In fact the combination fo Zoro and Law should be a lot more effective than Kidd and Law tbh.

Later we know that big mom has 500 year of lifespan:mihanha:

These action Panels are going Crazy ngl. One thing I do like is when it comes to Bigger characters Oda likes to use Larger Panels/Spreads when they are fighting. The fight is gonna surpass Katakuri & Lucci if oda keeps drawing like this.

Post automatically merged:

Yamato is not a strawhat tho....
yeah but still yamato is one who close to luffy he have experience in using coated COC.

These action Panels are going Crazy ngl. One thing I do like is when it comes to Bigger characters Oda likes to use Larger Panels/Spreads when they are fighting. The fight is gonna surpass Katakuri & Lucci if oda keeps drawing like this.

Post automatically merged:

Yamato is not a strawhat tho....
Choreo-wise, i think this fight already surpassed Luffy vs Lucci. Heck, Luffy's sequence from the backflip to avoid Kaidou's Kanabo, landing at Kaidou's Kanabo then use it as the pivot-step to his follow-up horsekick is the best fight sequence in OP i've ever seen. It surpassed anything i've imagined from OP fight really. But thats just about choreo. Luffy vs Lucci was a much better fight from the way its depicted and written emotionally. The clashing ideologies, the protective Luffy vs the hunter Lucci, the impact of opposing the WG, the rivalry, all written masterfully in that fight, patiently at each panel, in a gradual fashion. Thats why overall Luffy vs Lucci is the best fight imo.

Choreo-wise, i think this fight already surpassed Luffy vs Lucci. Heck, Luffy's sequence from the backflip to avoid Kaidou's Kanabo, landing at Kaidou's Kanabo then use it as the pivot-step to his follow-up horsekick is the best fight sequence in OP i've ever seen. It surpassed anything i've imagined from OP fight really. But thats just about choreo. Luffy vs Lucci was a much better fight from the way its depicted and written emotionally. The clashing ideologies, the protective Luffy vs the hunter Lucci, the impact of opposing the WG, the rivalry, all written masterfully in that fight, patiently at each panel, in a gradual fashion. Thats why overall Luffy vs Lucci is the best fight imo.
while it is true that there is more emotional investiment in Luffy vs Lucci, I don't be too quick to judge this fight yet...this is just the first sequence in the whole fight...it already started exposition of Kaido character and in development stage....we will get even more maybe once Kaido flashback finishes, then it adds more depth to the fight.....One piece fights mostly run based on emotional and thematical themes rather than war strategies...so, I think we will definitely get that....Oda definitely not going to miss that part regarding Luffy after Zoro and Sanji got the character evolution in their respective fights....

This fruit in question has to relate to Zunisha directly/indirectly.

The fact that the gorosei don't know about what's going down there takes precedence over what the medium is trying to enforce here, which is a blatant emphasis on Zunisha with the elders' dialogue (who are not even there) superimposed over it in bold.

I'm also pretty confident this is not going to be Luffy's fruit, this is a q & a from Volume 65's SBS-

D: In the ONE PIECE of these days, all kinds of strong ability users whom even Luffy can't compete with have been appearing, one after the other. In general manga and anime, I feel that the protagonist is established to be the strongest of all, but why did you decide to turn Luffy into a pretty weak-looking rubber Devil Fruit user? P.N. Do your best Japan

O: Ahaha, that is true. It must seem like a mystery when you consider all the other strong and cool abilities. The answer is simple. I have picked the most ridiculous ability. If the protagonist were the typical strong guy, I doubt I could continue on with this for long. No matter how serious the story gets, Luffy is there to stretch and inflate. He always give me a chance to fool around. That's the kind of manga I wanted to write.

Mind you this was answered during post ts, where Oda would at least have a framework for his main characters and the bigger picture set in stone for a while. I highly doubt he will try to mess with these things this late into the game

Status
Not open for further replies.